Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

No Skull Lantern?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

No Skull Lantern? Empty No Skull Lantern?

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:58 pm

So, I just took a stroll through the Catacombs with a melee build, and never did get a drop for a Skull Lantern. Anyone know exactly how many there are? I killed for sure:

First one by bonfire
    Second one just across the chasm after leaving bonfire
    Third at the end of the bridge with two skellies
    Fourth hidden in the room overlooking the area leading to Darkmoon Seance ring

I thought I also remember killing one in previous games by shooting it with arrows while standing on a spiral staircase leading downward. Is that one of the above, or did I miss it? If so, where is that spot again?
    joemann
    Casual
    Casual

No Skull Lantern? Empty Re: No Skull Lantern?

Post by joemann Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Did you kill the one near the pit with the bonewheels? The area opposite the Pinwheel entrance contains a necromancer guarded by two skeleton archers.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:18 pm

I think you got them all, mate. It's not too much of a problem, though, because Patches shoves you down into a pit in the TotG where you'll get one - guaranteed.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:18 pm

joemann wrote:Did you kill the one near the pit with the bonewheels? The area opposite the Pinwheel entrance contains a necromancer guarded by two skeleton archers.

You mean where the Black Knight is?
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:20 pm

There is another one in the Tomb of Giants near the treasures on the ground near Rhea. It should be one of the points of light in the area Patches kicks you into.
    joemann
    Casual
    Casual

Post by joemann Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:22 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    joemann wrote:Did you kill the one near the pit with the bonewheels? The area opposite the Pinwheel entrance contains a necromancer guarded by two skeleton archers.

You mean where the Black Knight is?

Yes and no depending on which way you go through the catacombs. One way you go through the areas with all the coffins, down some ladders, etc, and you end up facing the necromancer and archers down a hallway.

If you simply take the shortcut and drop down into the bonewheel pit and head in the direction opposite the way to Pinwheel, you go through a broken wall and the necromancer is inside directly to the left with his archer guards.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 pm

I was pretty sure I got the one down by the two archers as well, but I'll double check. I was actually hoping for two, because I wanted to trade one for a fog ring. Now I'm going to have to blow all that humanity on the Chaos shortcut. Crap.
    joemann
    Casual
    Casual

Post by joemann Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:I was pretty sure I got the one down by the two archers as well, but I'll double check. I was actually hoping for two, because I wanted to trade one for a fog ring. Now I'm going to have to blow all that humanity on the Chaos shortcut. Crap.

The reason I mentioned that necromancer is b/c you did not put it in your list of the ones you killed. There are 5 necromancers and you listed 4. So, I'm thinking the one I mentioned is the one you missed.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:46 pm

joemann wrote:
    Back Lot Basher wrote:I was pretty sure I got the one down by the two archers as well, but I'll double check. I was actually hoping for two, because I wanted to trade one for a fog ring. Now I'm going to have to blow all that humanity on the Chaos shortcut. Crap.

The reason I mentioned that necromancer is b/c you did not put it in your list of the ones you killed. There are 5 necromancers and you listed 4. So, I'm thinking the one I mentioned is the one you missed.

Thanks man. Yeah, that's the only one I'm not sure about. I traced my steps back mentally, and I remember fighting the knight, then boning out. I'm pretty sure I had gone down to get the one with the archers, since I remember that area as being the best place to get him with a crossbow, then dropping in on the Knight. Next time I go through, I'll check.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Forest Hunt for your Fog Ring. silly
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:06 pm

I always try to get fog ring early if possible, but sometimes the Necromancers are just **** and don't drop a skull lanturn. So I have to go to the TotG which is a real pain.

My last build I got really lucky. I got 3 skull lanturn drops.

EDIT: Sometimes they some how fall off heights and get killed. Tough cookie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:22 am