Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Spurgun
Aevell
6 posters

Dex build ideas

Aevell
    Aevell

Dex build ideas Empty Dex build ideas

Post by Aevell Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:18 am

I've been playing dark souls for a year now and I've loved everything it has to offer but there are so many weapons to pick for a build and i also love to use buffs such as magic weapon and some spells like homing crystal soulmass but anyway i would like some good ideas and here is what I've got so far
    starting character:thief
    soul level:124
    Vitality:40
    Attunement:14
    Endurance:30
    Strength:16
    Dexterity:40
    Resistance:10
    intelligence:44
    Faith:11
    so some chunk of this build is somewhat like epicnamebro's and personally his build was amazing i loved it and i would always whenever i'm bored make a character with that build and it was awesome so this build is somewhat alike and maybe even exactly but this build will use as main weapons Ricard's rapier and Balder side sword this whole build will center around the rapier and also this build will not use power within until ng+
    rings:Leo ring, ring of favor and protection
    shields:Eagle Shield, balder shield
    since the rapier does stab damage the leo ring is perfect and with the heavy attack for it it could be devastating including some weapon buffs and with the extra dex this is what I've thought up so far hope you like so far its still a work in progress build :I

Last edited by Aevell on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : messed up on a few parts)
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dex build ideas Empty Re: Dex build ideas

Post by Spurgun Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:23 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/
    Post your build through this, it's easier to tweak/rate it then happy

I don't think you need 40 end if you're using dex weapons. Most of them don't use much stamina and they aren't that heavy. Maybe you could drop it to ~30 and raise vit instead? You could also raise int to 44, that would allow you to use CSS.
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:25 am

Bro ur starting class looks like wanderer or pyro to me... happy
    Aevell
    Aevell

Post by Aevell Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:37 pm

I have the endurance because this build uses Ricard's rapier in conjuction with Leo ring and buffs and this build will be using heavier equipetment but dropping it down to 30 sounds good though and thanks for the website ill make sure to post it there also i plan to use Logan's catalyst above 40 int because I've heard its the best for scaling intelligence above 40
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:59 am

Scaling for INT weapons pretty much suffers from diminishing returns after 40 INT, but you will be able to use a powerful spell - Crystal Soul Spear, that really rocks. And for spells - INT scaling continues pretty much till 50.
    Sergeant Soy
    Sergeant Soy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sergeant Soy Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:47 am

For your build, I'd suggest the cloranthy ring and grass crest shield simply so that you can keep your stamina up at nearly all times, although you can still ditch the ring with no problems. I like the grass crest shield because it gives some stamina regeneration, can parry, and has decent stability.

Also, Aevell, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but try adding some punctuation to your writing. It makes things much easier to read, but its understandable that you may not know how to punctuate if English is your second language.
    godpenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by godpenguin Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:56 am

Here is a build I made SL 125.

http://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=484471841455782991

SL 125 on PC is disappointing because everyone prefers level 100 -_-.
    godpenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by godpenguin Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:04 am

RoFaP and MoM combo lets scrubs with only 30 or even less vit and end run around in pvp with viable survivability lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:10 pm