Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Iron Golem, you're not so bad!

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Iron Golem, you're not so bad! Empty Iron Golem, you're not so bad!

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:21 am

(But I have to admit it did get a bit hairy at one point! big grin )

Well my Iron Knight Tarkus finally made it to the final leg of it's run last night by reaching the Iron Golem in NG+, and having summoned Iron Tarkus to co-op with I was quietly confident that this was going to be a bit of a cake-walk. twisted

After all, every other Boss-fight leading up to this point had been surprisingly easy, and so a Boss of the Golem's undeniably questionable standing was hardly going to cause me any problems, was it? :roll:

WRONG!!! :affraid:

Right from the outset the oversized lug had my card marked, and I should of known that things were not going to pan out as I had planned when, having successfully barrel-rolled away from it's initial AoE attack, and having taken three to four choice hits out of its ankles, the basket then decides to quickly spin around and pancake me in one hit!

Iron Golem, you're not so bad! 2707236321

No problem, it only took away around a third of my HP's, and so doing the sensible thing I rolled backwards, quickly healed (I wasn't going to go out to a Boss like this, no piggin way! :evil: ), and immediately re-entered the fray!

From there on in things rapidly went from bad to very VERY bad in a matter of moments, as no sooner had I started hacking away at it's ankles again the sod grabs ahold of me, lifts me aloft, and one-hand power-slams me into the middle of next week!

:affraid:

'ROLLOXS!!!', I exclaimed (or words to that effect), as I watched my HP bar empty, spelling certain death, and for a split second I froze expecting 'YOU DIED' to flash up on the screen. :pale:

But no, wait, my man promptly gets back up! :cyclops:

Like WTF!!! How is this possible, his HP bar is completely empty???!!!??? :suspect:

"Is this the second coming", I ask myself? cheers

But on closer inspection I see that a mere smidgeon of my mans life, and we are talking a molecule of a nats nut whisker here, remained. :cyclops:

Never being one to look a gift horse in the chops, I quickly rolled back, healed up, and from thereon-in proceeded to unleash my 'A-Game' taking the Golem down in what seemed like mere seconds, but more importantly without taking another hit!

[insert a heavy sigh of relief emote here]

So the final fight on my Iron Knight Tarkus run turned out to be a lot more challenging, and a heck of a lot more enjoyable, than I had been anticipating, creating the perfect end to a very enjoyable playthrough.

"So what happens now?", I hear you ask.

Well my man has now been levelled up to a respectable SL122, and he is currently hosting in Anor Londo, very successfully I might add, and so if you're looking to take on a bit of a hard-nut (and you are on a PS3) then come pay him a visit as he'll be back in play from around 11pm GMT this very night.

"Umbasa!" cheers

Last edited by Gazman0169 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Iron Golem, you're not so bad! Empty Re: Iron Golem, you're not so bad!

Post by Automancer Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:25 am

When i play my tanks, i also have a hard time against Iron Golem because of it's stupidly far phantom reach when it grabs. Freaking annoying.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:29 am

after being grabbed, the damnable thing inevitably chucks me over the edge only to have my corpse plop unceremoniously on the cold stone floor of the parish.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:30 pm

I got stuck up to my waist in some rubble once and poor old Tarkus had to carry on alone. We didn't win. Aah happy days!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:55 am