Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Rarayn
Rynn
tinypantha
Sentiel
Espada Muerta
lordgodofhell
BeeSeaEss
joemann
Xero
Back Lot Basher
befowler
lextune
GkMrBane
mugenis4real
Carphil
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
Marino.
Emergence
Glutebrah
Ghadis_God
Myztyrio
deadagain
vatar5
Major_kenny
reim0027
Steel Dragon74
Ahhotep1
defacto
The Letter X
ExecutionerTri
nhbdy
yupjup
Tolvo
FruitPunchNinja
hageshisa
Infighter
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Red Rosie
43 posters

The SHOTGUN of the forest...

deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The SHOTGUN of the forest... - Page 2 Empty Re: The SHOTGUN of the forest...

Post by deadagain Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:22 pm

@GLUTEBRAH. I hear what your saying but Rosie's videos have style and style goes a long way. She doesn't use cookie cutter builds so they are unique as well. My fav is Big Truck. "Big Truck does not bow!"THUMP!!
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:26 pm

deadagain wrote:@GLUTEBRAH. I hear what your saying but Rosie's videos have style and style goes a long way. She doesn't use cookie cutter builds so they are unique as well. My fav is Big Truck. "Big Truck does not bow!"THUMP!!

big truck video was awesome i agree.

i was just shocked with this video as this forum already has developed quite the Dark Bead hate about it being OP and one shotting people. and i actually posted about this exact tactic in one of the threads. poise tanking hits to OHKO them.

all i ment was if this was a random poster this thread would have been locked for flame wars lol.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:33 pm

I would say in this instance it's contextual Glute. This is clearly a forest build built to anti-gank in the anything goes woods and not an arena build or dueling build.

Last edited by Emergence on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Haha this was amazing !
    You referenced one of my favorite Movies of all time .

I love you :oops:
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Glutebrah wrote:so let me get this straight... if a random forum member makes a thread describing a cheap "troll" tatic he uses in invasions he gets down repped/hated on and a Mod is forced to close the thread.

when rosie posts troll videos she says "but its all for fun!!!" she gets praised?

im sure the random posters do their troll tatics for fun also.

The difference is that Rosie is actual fun . Not everyone takes things always seriously.
    Lighten up a bit will you big grin
    Major_kenny
    Major_kenny
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Major_kenny Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    Major_kenny wrote:I saw it before you posted here, nice job rosie big grin what happened to "DEM LOOKS"? xD

Dat profile pic...

Well What is it nice contribution to the topic Look Skyward
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:so let me get this straight... if a random forum member makes a thread describing a cheap "troll" tatic he uses in invasions he gets down repped/hated on and a Mod is forced to close the thread.

when rosie posts troll videos she says "but its all for fun!!!" she gets praised?

im sure the random posters do their troll tatics for fun also.

The difference is that Rosie is actual fun . Not everyone takes things always seriously.
    Lighten up a bit will you big grin

Glute has a valid point. We do need to make sure that we are being
    consistent with how we treat newcomers and regulars. I think in this
    instance a newcomer posting this video would still get a positive
    reception, but it's still worthwhile to be mindful of how we react to
    people.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:24 pm

in this case since its the forest you can do pretty much anything you want but im really surprised at how people took the darkraith coop thing, if it wouldve been someone else im pretty sre it wouldve gotten neg repped and flaming until it got closed.
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    deadagain wrote:@GLUTEBRAH. I hear what your saying but Rosie's videos have style and style goes a long way. She doesn't use cookie cutter builds so they are unique as well. My fav is Big Truck. "Big Truck does not bow!"THUMP!!

big truck video was awesome i agree.

i was just shocked with this video as this forum already has developed quite the Dark Bead hate about it being OP and one shotting people. and i actually posted about this exact tactic in one of the threads. poise tanking hits to OHKO them.

all i ment was if this was a random poster this thread would have been locked for flame wars lol.

I am reasonably new to the forums... But you make the place sound like some kind of clique?

Even if 99% of the place hated dark beads, I dont have a problem with them... And I dont think im breaking any rules by posting a video involving that spell?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:49 pm

sorry guys didn't mean to start a rukus, just something i noticed.

but i mean lettuce bee cereal...

but get back on thread topic.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 pm

just a question about the build... wouldn't an even older evil kill it? i.e wog spam, as wog can reflect dark bead and at the fat walk speed you can't roll out of it a well even fat rolling can only dodge up to around 3 as far as i've seen.. so couln'dt they just spam wog while you just have to sit and take it?
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Ok, you make a good point, and I could see why this might start some flaming, I understand happy

I have just made it my mission since the start of making dark souls videos to stick my middle finger to the general opinion and do whatever is fun lol. Well What is it

If I could have my way, there would be no flaming and everything would be accepted...

Live and let live happy Praise the Sun
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:23 pm

I use Dark Bead.

Does this mean I'm a bad guy? :oops:
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Red Rosie Sugar wrote:Ok, you make a good point, and I could see why this might start some flaming, I understand happy

I have just made it my mission since the start of making dark souls videos to stick my middle finger to the general opinion and do whatever is fun lol. Well What is it

If I could have my way, there would be no flaming and everything would be accepted...

Live and let live happy Praise the Sun

that's how the game should be played. i am not saying don't do what you do. i just think its unfair how some people treat new posters who post similar things some times that are considered "cheap"

btw i PMed you if you didn't notice for an epic idea for next video.
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:33 pm

I totally agree, I have the same view in the wiki chat, the new comers should get the same treatment as everyone else happy

(To be honest I am a newbie here so cannot talk lol)

Ok ill go read happy
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:08 pm

I like every video that a player knows how to use Iron flesh effective! Thats one of my favorite pyromancies!

Taking that little damage from a backstab is a must in the forest.

I find it funny that they don't seem surprised when their phantom gets one shot like that :affraid:
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Red Rosie Sugar wrote:Ok, you make a good point, and I could see why this might start some flaming, I understand happy

I have just made it my mission since the start of making dark souls videos to stick my middle finger to the general opinion and do whatever is fun lol. The SHOTGUN of the forest... - Page 2 3596227959

Live and let live happy The SHOTGUN of the forest... - Page 2 639795459

I mostly work off of a similar principal

I also love the theme of forest anti-ganking here, probably because at one point I got so pissed with gankers that I went to the forest and spent a solid month destroying gankers with any tactics I could think of, no matter how dirty, "cheap" or just plain unconventional, which meant that I got very creative and it still remains one of my favourite times spent in DkS

Also to anyone who thinks that Rosies tactics are questionable here:
    Go watch Red vs Blue, episode 9, season 8 and it will explain "shotgun to the face" to you
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:26 pm

I just think it was a clever use of Dark Beads when put together with Iron Flesh allowing for an offensive tank. I mean honestly if the people just switched to a bow or used spells they would have been perfectly fine and killed her easily. Dark Bead can be very powerful, but this was a case of her tricking people into going for an "Easy Kill."
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Tolvo wrote:I just think it was a clever use of Dark Beads when put together with Iron Flesh allowing for an offensive tank. I mean honestly if the people just switched to a bow or used spells they would have been perfectly fine and killed her easily. Dark Bead can be very powerful, but this was a case of her tricking people into going for an "Easy Kill."

Exactly this! To me, flippy house wife builds arent tanks (despite having more armour) Its about moving slow and crushing everything that gets near enough to be hit!

Bows, magic, timed rolling, 2 handed strikes with mid/long range weps would make short work of this set up. I had some duels after with some people from the wiki chat and got completely owned lol

Only works on silly gankers - who deserve to be one shotted!

Well What is it
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Tolvo wrote:I just think it was a clever use of Dark Beads when put together with Iron Flesh allowing for an offensive tank. I mean honestly if the people just switched to a bow or used spells they would have been perfectly fine and killed her easily. Dark Bead can be very powerful, but this was a case of her tricking people into going for an "Easy Kill."

This is what I thought! The Iron Flesh is what did it for me. Bow
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:19 pm

As a forest hunter, I like any video where forest gankers get ganked. I couldn't stop smiling when I saw them rush her . . . especially when they knew exactly what she was going to do (phantom died from OHK from DB). It is like they can't resist. Praise the Sun
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:24 pm

Like moths to a flame so to speak.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Well, let's face it. Gankers have never had to adapt. They are like the sharks of the Forest. When all you know is a bash, bash, bash approach that has worked for so long, then it's going to take a lonnnnnnnnnng time to break those habits.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:39 pm

This build is cool as hell lol
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Red Rosie Sugar wrote:

Exactly this! To me, flippy house wife builds arent tanks (despite having more armour) Its about moving slow and crushing everything that gets near enough to be hit!

Bows, magic, timed rolling, 2 handed strikes with mid/long range weps would make short work of this set up. I had some duels after with some people from the wiki chat and got completely owned lol

Only works on silly gankers - who deserve to be one shotted!

The SHOTGUN of the forest... - Page 2 3596227959

Amen Rosie

I use the phelosiphy fast roll or dont roll at all

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:20 am