Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Nybbles
anath
6 posters

Recommendations for low level (SL20 max) PvE build

anath
    anath

Recommendations for low level (SL20 max) PvE build Empty Recommendations for low level (SL20 max) PvE build

Post by anath Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:47 am

Looking to challenge myself a bit by trying a low level run through. I've been creating a couple builds lately, and have been doing co-op at lower levels, and find myself pushing further and further at the low levels and I've finally decided it's time to venture past the Depths. However, I think I've botched my stats in each build in some small way because they were not started with the intention of staying low. Looking for recommendations. I don't intend to do low level PvP with this character, so this is not about invading the Burg with Pursuers, but about a personal challenge.

These are what are the salient things about my gameplay...

* I would like to keep as fast a roll as possible, at least a mid roll but preferably a fast roll. I am aiming to use Havel's ring to accomplish this

* I don't want to use sorcery or faith, but would like 1 attunement slot for a fireball to farm slimes.

* I'm not a highly skilled player, so I get hit more than I should, and my success rate with parrying is only about 30-40%. So I'm thinking all my extra stats should be put into vitality?

* Weapon of choice is the BSS. I'm really starting to like the Uchigatana, but I don't like 2 handing a weapon so I don't know if I should invest the extra points in strength or not.

Any thoughts on starting class, armor choices, and where to spend my stats?

Thanks!
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Recommendations for low level (SL20 max) PvE build Empty Re: Recommendations for low level (SL20 max) PvE build

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:55 am

something like http://mmdks.com/cmc perhaps?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Recommendations for low level (SL20 max) PvE build Empty Re: Recommendations for low level (SL20 max) PvE build

Post by Glutebrah Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:05 pm

you are not going to get better then this

http://mmdks.com/cmh

wander is the best class to start as for those weapons.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:11 pm

The only investment I make sure I do low level is to have 16 strength 14 dex. I then make a lighting and fire gargoyle halberd and pretty much obliterate most enemies using them 2 handed.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:14 pm

http://mmdks.com/cmv can also use light Xbow.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Yes, 16 str 14 dex is a nice setup at low levels and gives you lots of options for different PvE situations and bosses. You can pair the BSS (dex 14) with black/silver knight shields, or use the gargoyle halberd or a claymore, and also use various bows and crossbows. Most of my non-caster builds at that level go 16/14 and dump the rest into vit and endurance. Pyro strengthens the build at no real cost beyond however many attunement slots you want.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 pm

though this could be viable too. http://mmdks.com/cmy

I noted the fact you want BSS... kk.

http://mmdks.com/cmz
    anath
    anath

Post by anath Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Wow, so many suggestions so quickly - thanks!

Here is what I pulled together: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=288066134386466373

I wouldn't have thought to do the 16 str / 14 dex, but it sounds like a good thing to try based on the weapon choices it opens. With only 1 weapon equipped and Havel's ring, this gives me a fast roll. The Lord's Blade armor is probably not the best choice, but I just think it looks the best of all the armor in the game happy. I dread the thought of trying to get it with this build, though!
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:21 pm

I would recommend a 10 intelligence in all builds, purely for the fact that if you do decide to be a sorcerer, you will be able to obtain all the spells without the risk of losing the chance to get them. You don't have to invest in faith to get all the faith spells so you can start from 8 if you wanted to.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:17 pm

steveswede wrote:I would recommend a 10 intelligence in all builds, purely for the fact that if you do decide to be a sorcerer, you will be able to obtain all the spells without the risk of losing the chance to get them. You don't have to invest in faith to get all the faith spells so you can start from 8 if you wanted to.

and the dragon rings, i don't think there is a way to get them without having at least 10 intelligence.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:18 am