Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
skarekrow13
OmarTheFuzzy
vageta31
StriksBH
lordgodofhell
AzureCrow
EeAyEss
Shakie666
BeeSeaEss
deadagain
Gazman0169
PlasticandRage
Aznul
Rynn
Jester's Tears
ICEninja
21 posters

Let's share our tips on tricky boss fights. I'll start!

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Let's share our tips on tricky boss fights. I'll start! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's share our tips on tricky boss fights. I'll start!

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:53 pm

the gaping dragon can be shot from outside the boss fog if you're a phantom, this draws pretty much all of its attention allowing the host and other phantom to hack at its tail as the dragon keeps trying to get at you (the only move it has that can hit you is the vomit attack.)
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Let's share our tips on tricky boss fights. I'll start! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's share our tips on tricky boss fights. I'll start!

Post by sunbro Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:44 pm

For quelaag get the great scyth out.....the one hand R1 is a fast overhead swing and she staggers every time when you hit her in her fun bags
    She will go down in no time
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:44 pm

I beat Gwyndoline by shooting him with the Dragon Slayer Greatbow. Just walk far enough not to aggro him and fire away. He doesn't move and it's all over in under a minute.

Same sort of tactic with the Bridge Wyvern (Hellkite). Walk under the arch (Taurus Demon end). Shoot it with the Dragon Slayer Greatbow to bring it down onto the bridge and get another couple of shots in before it gets too close. Then run down the steps to where Solaire is standing to shelter from it's fire attacks. Run back up and get another shot in as it turns round to keep it on the ground, rinse and repeat. It takes some nifty footwork and about ten D'Slayer arrows but the secret is in knowing when to retreat.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Hm...

Run away from the Red Wyvern.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 pm

^ I just managed to do this battle at melee range for the first time the other day. The Black Iron set and shield work wonders against his flame attacks. I also had pretty high poise and endurance and a Zweihander. I aggrod him, and got him to come down the same way I would as if I were going to try to run past him to gain access to the sunlight altar, but instead of running past I nailed him with a two handed R2 attack, followed by a 2 handed jumping attack and he died. I was kind of surprised at how fast his HP drained when you're not using arrows.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 pm

... I hope you did not do it higher than NG.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 pm

nah, just NG. I'm sure he lasts a lot longer and hits a lot harder above that. Hits pretty damn hard in NG anyway. Took about a third of my health with his fire breath right through my shield

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Phew, Thank God.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Hm...

Run away from the Red Wyvern.

Yup, to coin a phrase 'he who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day'. Oh and I am in ng++.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Did you kill with melee?
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:52 pm

The wyvern can be killed rather easily with melee if you take advantage of the savespot from the pillar of flame. (it is right up against the wall on the right side of the bridge at around the middle of his foot right when he jumps down to the bridge, the only thing he can hit you with from there is the stomps) If you hit him and stay in the safespt, then run downstairs when he moves, he can be killed without taking a single hit, although it takes a couple trips.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Tips for Red Bridge Wyrm - position yourself to stand on the left hand balcony/ledge as you come out from the bonfire. Attack his face as he walks towards his perch. Killed him in 3 shots with a Zwei +10 Fire.

Tips for all the other bosses - Cant believe no-one else thought of this!
    Equip the fog ring then summon 2x better-than-you phantoms and trot off to go make a cup of tea (PG Tips preferably) and VIOLA!! by the time you get back the boss should magically have died. If not you can still enjoy a nice cuppa and put your feet up! Ha!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:07 am