Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WandererReece
GkMrBane
PlasticandRage
SecYess
8 posters

Jumping equipement

SecYess
    SecYess

Jumping equipement  Empty Jumping equipement

Post by SecYess Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi,

Does anyone else also experience an equipement bug whenever caracters move suddenly or even take a large blow. It happens very often to me and of course always at the worst moment possible.

It's like this, I turn sharpely or quikly back away and all my equiped weapons, items and spells are jumping ahead to the next one ! Very irritating when you have only one shield equiped and suddenly find yourself defending with your bare hand...

This happens using joysticks on ps3 controlers...

Is there any solutions, maybe in some weird options or is it my controler who's dying on me ?? What do you guys think ?

Thx for your time.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Jumping equipement  Empty Re: Jumping equipement

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:25 pm

SecYess wrote:Hi,

Does anyone else also experience an equipement bug whenever caracters move suddenly or even take a large blow. It happens very often to me and of course always at the worst moment possible.

It's like this, I turn sharpely or quikly back away and all my equiped weapons, items and spells are jumping ahead to the next one ! Very irritating when you have only one shield equiped and suddenly find yourself defending with your bare hand...

This happens using joysticks on ps3 controlers...

Is there any solutions, maybe in some weird options or is it my controler who's dying on me ?? What do you guys think ?

Thx for your time.

It's only happened to me a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure every time has been in the DLC area when it's been really glitching out. I quit and restarted the game, then turned my controller off and back on and it stopped. Hasn't happened to me since. The few times it did happen though it definitely almost got me killed.

I assumed it was my controller, as opposed to a game bug, but if it's happening to you also maybe it is related to the game.
    SecYess
    SecYess

Post by SecYess Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm

It actualy happens evrywhere, anywhere...

But I'll give a try to your method. Thx happy
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 pm

You know what it could be? I'm just speculating here, but sometimes if you turn your system on when your controller has a button/joystick direction depressed, when the system starts up it recognizes all the controller contacts as being in their default positions, when they're really not. It might not be noticeable when you're just in the XMB, but then when you load up a game it can continuously react as though that button where being pressed. That could be why it stopped when I restarted my controller. Just a thought.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:43 pm

its never happened to me on xbox.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:44 pm

My roommate said something similar happens to him a lot. I just thought he was pressing the directional button and didn't know it. I've never had this happen to me.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:49 am

This just happened to me again. So ironic that the only other time its occurred for me just so happened to be the same day we were discussing it. I was fighting Kalameet with somebody and suddenly, instead of blocking and swinging my zwiehander I was whipping him and punching him with my pyro flame. Awesome timing once again.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:37 am

its happeneed to me a couple of times and it only happens whenever i make a 360, its weird.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:40 am

I think it's my controller. It feels/sounds like something may be wrong with the motion sensor part. After it happened this time I shook my controller a little bit and all 4 directions of the directional pad activated at the same time.

Controllers these days. They cost you 60 bones and don't last at all. I used to turn my NES off by throwing the controller at it, and I still have it 20 years later, in working order. Both the controller and the system.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 am

This happens a lot to me! Sorry I cant read every post right now, but I'm very interested in this thread and tomorrow I'll try to contribute with something.

By far the worst bug that happenef to me, and in all lordran. Ruins bow and fast itens PVP for me
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I think it's my controller. It feels/sounds like something may be wrong with the motion sensor part. After it happened this time I shook my controller a little bit and all 4 directions of the directional pad activated at the same time.

Controllers these days. They cost you 60 bones and don't last at all. I used to turn my NES off by throwing the controller at it, and I still have it 20 years later, in working order. Both the controller and the system.

Xbox 360 controlers last a long time for me. My ps3 controlers dont seem to last half as long.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 am

i've had this problem, i replaced my controller and it went away.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 am

I was going to create a thread about this...

I noticed that it only happens when I do fast commands. e.g. rolling too much in PVP or in boss battles. Aside from the action delay, when you press the roll button while you're rolling, and your toon does nothing, but after 3 seconds he rolls, after that he switch every equipment to the next one as OP said.

Its a pain in the ***

PlasticandRage wrote:You know what it could be? I'm just speculating here, but sometimes if you turn your system on when your controller has a button/joystick direction depressed, when the system starts up it recognizes all the controller contacts as being in their default positions, when they're really not. It might not be noticeable when you're just in the XMB, but then when you load up a game it can continuously react as though that button where being pressed. That could be why it stopped when I restarted my controller. Just a thought.

this is a good theory
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 pm

GkMrBane wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I think it's my controller. It feels/sounds like something may be wrong with the motion sensor part. After it happened this time I shook my controller a little bit and all 4 directions of the directional pad activated at the same time.

Xbox 360 controlers last a long time for me. My ps3 controlers dont seem to last half as long.

normal 360 controllers don't have the whole motion sensor thing going on though do they? I've always felt that the sixaxis felt a little flimsy in that regard. The dualshocks are a lot heavier, and feel much more solid.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:01 pm

GkMrBane wrote:

You must have some luck. back when I owned a 360, my controller had constant problems, especially dying when the battery reached half and refusing to turn back on until it was recharged, and several times the left stick sensor failed and nothing happened if I moved it.
    SecYess
    SecYess

Post by SecYess Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Thx for the feedback y'all happy

Strangely, it didn't happen today. Seems there's some good and bad days.Today was a big horrible lag day though sad

I guess it makes theory of the unsynced controler plausable...

Thx again

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:49 pm