Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
KomradDakka
RANT
Zakkia
7 posters

The old ways of Pay to Play is over, discussion.

Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The old ways of Pay to Play is over, discussion. - Page 2 Empty Re: The old ways of Pay to Play is over, discussion.

Post by Zakkia Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:21 am

The whole point was to discuss your opinions if its going down the road of dying or not. I say it is, and to use you example you put, i have the opportunity to quit at any time in between, its the simple situation of making it MANDATORY to pay the fee every month that gets me as well as others. which is why it is so appealing to players. Also so says the economical rules of competition, if there are companies not doing P2P that are making more revenue, others will follow. But yes, the main issue is the "you must pay this to play every month" for the same exact thing. Not, "pay 10 dollars for more content" thats way different than making me pay for the same thing i did last month.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

The old ways of Pay to Play is over, discussion. - Page 2 Empty Re: The old ways of Pay to Play is over, discussion.

Post by KomradDakka Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:36 am

maybe but it still doesnt take away the fact that youll be playing alone if you dont pony up for the next batch of content. and what makes cod any different? you get to shoot people with guns. next month, you shoot people with guns in a different arena. thats not any more progressive. either way P2P is still alive and kicking, it all depends on what players are willing to do to enjoy their game. If Star Citizen comes out and has a pay2play pay method, you're sure as **** im gonna pay it.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:39 am

See, thats not true, because i can still play COD without that map, and even if i bought that map, it would be new content, not paying for the same thing. And people who argue that updates will be crap if its B2P are so wrong. But yes, overall itll be whether or not the players find it worth it or not. sadly, no MMO to me, has ever been good enough to charge me the initial fee. $60, then 15 dollars a months till maybe 5-6 months after for an expansion. which adds up to another 60-75, then charge me 40-60 for the expansion itself. It just isnt worth it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:18 am