Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
rogbini
Corporal Maxey
Tomhet
Seignar
passivefamiliar
Sentiel
LunarFog
Halicarnassis
12 posters

The SL1 Club

Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

The SL1 Club Empty The SL1 Club

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:13 am

I'm talking post patches and no BB glitch or Xbox patch-makers but natural game finishers with an SL1 character.... I have not yet finished the game on SL1. My closest I've come is SL15 Thief. I'd like to try but hell... finding souls signs is not easy after placing the lord vessel.

How many SL1 Club players have we got here? Also PSN/Xbox...
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The SL1 Club Empty Re: The SL1 Club

Post by LunarFog Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 am

I've always needed to get to at least level 10 to finish the game. Mostly because I need just a little bit extra dex or strength to use my favorite weapons
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 am

I've got myself a SL1 in NG+7. It's a chore to do it and mostly very boring. Only first NG and NG+ were really enjoyable for me, even though I've spent most of the NG farming titanite for upgrades.
    I still wanted to get to +7 and I did.

It sucks that I did so before DLC, so I could visit DLC areas only on NG+7, but I'm not willing to go through NG+8.

I'm on PSN and if there's anyone who's doing a SL1 run and wants to co-op, contact me on PSN and we do some Praisin' together, or I can just give you tips for your journey, if you want to do it "man-mode" alone.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:27 am

@Sentiel - I'll drop you a request this evening dude! What time zone are you in?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 am

Halicarnassis wrote:@Sentiel - I'll drop you a request this evening dude! What time zone are you in?
    CET timezone, which is GMT/UTC +1.
    I'm usually online everyday from 18:00 to 23:00 (GMT/UTC) + randomly on weekends. Take note, I've got a gf who plays Dark Souls (currently Demon's Souls, to be exact) and she likes to randomly kick me from my PS3 to play. sad
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:58 am

I've never been able to do it. I'm not that good. I am working on a "no bonfire lit" run. All i have is the firelink. And its on an alternate psn account, i intend to get platinum on it and make it so the last trophy to pop is the "kindled" lighting a bonfire trophy. But...its rough for me to.

Anyone able to do a SL1 run is, impressive. But wow...i'd never have the patience.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:43 pm

I wouldn't have the patience to run through everything (even with shortcuts) all over again whenever I die.

SL1 runs aren't about patience, but about chilling out. When everything one shots you, it really teaches you to evade.

After few hours, nothing can't hit you. Only two exceptions for me are Pikachu & Snorlax and Manus, which killed me tons of times, but the rest isn't hard at all.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Picachu?? I'm gonna restart one tonight me thinks. Had to level up my last one
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Pikachu & Snorlax = Ornstein & Smough

They're apin to deal with on SL1, so I spam Pyro at them and then cheese Super Sayian Smough with Crossbow.

A youtube uploader Emarrel has a very good vids of his SL1 NG+7 run, which have some very good strategies and tips.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:56 pm

I've done NG+ on SL1, including the DLC (and NG was done solo without pyromancy). Not as bad as you would think (until you reach...them). You just have to know what to dodge, how and be fully aware that you can be 2-shotted my nearly everything.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 am

Currently doing a SL6 sorcerer, no ring of FAP or family mask. That's the lowest I intend to go because SL1 is kind of boring.

Artorias kicked my behind for more than 2 hours before I could defeat him.
    Corporal Maxey
    Corporal Maxey

Post by Corporal Maxey Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Tomhet wrote:Currently doing a SL6 sorcerer, no ring of FAP or family mask. That's the lowest I intend to go because SL1 is kind of boring.
    Even though I know what you're talking about, I stilled laughed when I read that.
    rogbini

Post by rogbini Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:06 pm

That was impressive to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxW5RPYgf0E

I watched the whole serie, just awesome.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:07 pm

Actually a SL 1 run is probably the easiest in the game. You get 2 atunement slots and a weapon that only scales based on how many souls you spend on it. Since you aren't leveling you can dump everything into the glove.

I'm currently working on a SL 5 Thief run using only starting equipment. It's pretty tough and I'm stuck on S+O right now sad It would be easy if I would allow myself to summon Sunbro for it. But it's also a no summon run. Oh and only normal path upgrades. I think I went a little overboard for my first challenge run lol.

I'm also working on a challenge run right now with my level 155 character doing a calamity ring run. For this run I'm taking it more easy and allowing summons of NPCs.

Last night I raged so hard I actually took the ring off for the S+O fight. I kept getting invaded because I was summoning Sunbro and these bastards didn't care that I had the calamity ring on. They just ran right at me.

So after dying about 20 times to stupid things just trying to get to the S+O fight, I summoned a nice fellow but I died from a stray hit from super orstein. Then I summoned him again and just took off the ring and we whooped on it hard.

So now next time I get to S+O on one of my characters I'm going to have to equip the calamity ring so I can say I beat the entire game with it on happy
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 pm

rogbini wrote:That was impressive to watch:

Yeah Emarrel does an awesome job in there.

@defacto
    Go Super Smough, let him lock himself behind one of the pillars and use bows/crossbows on him until he dies. It's cheap, but works.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 pm

The best I could ever do was Level 5, getting as far as O&S. I knew I'd never have the skill or patience to finish off the big four. Kudos to everyone who does, though. It takes serious dedication.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    rogbini wrote:That was impressive to watch:

Yeah Emarrel does an awesome job in there.

@defacto
    Go Super Smough, let him lock himself behind one of the pillars and use bows/crossbows on him until he dies. It's cheap, but works.

I've been sooooo close so many times. It's just that the buttslam 1 shots me so if I make a tiny mistake I die. I've literally had super fatty down to 1 bar of health. But thanks for the tip!
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:45 pm

I got up to O&S on NG+, but haven't played this character since because it's one of my old saves, and so is not compatable with the Prepare to Die Edition disc. 🇳🇴
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:47 pm

If you ask me, I think a Bandit Run is the hardest since it can't use any form of magic while still having the 10> DEX weakness of the pyromancer.

Same dilemma in Demon Souls SL1, the royalty class was overall better equipped than other classes and didn't have a problem just because it was SL1.

P.S: One thing I like about low level runs is the extremely cheap costs for absolution.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Sentiel wrote:SL1 runs aren't about patience, but about chilling out. When everything one shots you, it really teaches you to evade.
    Funny, I'd say that patience is probably the single most important thing in an infinity run at sl 1. I did it at sl 6, but it was an sl 1 I put 5 points into dex on so I could use a variety of weapons. Would've been too boring for me to complete without a little weapon variety.

Patience, dodging, and damage output. Those are the big 3 for me, and that's their order.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:07 pm

IMHO it doesn't matter what Class you choose if you're planning on undertaking a base SL run, as they all have their strengths and weaknesses, and having tried them all I find that the secret to success was to simply take your time drawing out your enemies one at a time. As for the Bosses, once you learn their attack patterns, and how to effectively dodge them, they're not so tough on a NG, but beyond that you really do need to get your dodging and your P&R skills down to a fine art otherwise it's good night sweetie! twisted
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 pm

callipygias wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:SL1 runs aren't about patience, but about chilling out. When everything one shots you, it really teaches you to evade.
    Funny, I'd say that patience is probably the single most important thing in an infinity run at sl 1. I did it at sl 6, but it was an sl 1 I put 5 points into dex on so I could use a variety of weapons. Would've been too boring for me to complete without a little weapon variety.

Patience, dodging, and damage output. Those are the big 3 for me, and that's their order.
    Perhaps i wrote that incorrectly.
    I meant to be patient, but not in the way that you turtle and use ranged attacks. I meant that you need to put aside antics like parrying, challenging unnescesary threats and basically just evading whatever you can, instead of clearing locations. Also, I've meant to not engage foes head on, but use tactics. When you dance around O&S for five minutes, waiting for your one chance to attack and repeating this process for an hour, that's not what I call patience, but chilling out, resisting the urge to go there and **** their mortal souls with my Reinforced Club. Patience for me is waiting on one place for minutes, even hours, to achieve something. Like sniping for example. That's patience for me, but in melee, it's more of calming my mind, than being patient. So I just worded it wrong. My english sucks as you all have noticed by now anyway....
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Ah, I get it. I made it a point to clear each area at least once per playthrough for my challenge, maybe that's why I consider patience #1.

Most challenges seem to run through areas, I realize. I remember one of Vageta's vids where he killed a couple enemies in Upper Blighttown and said something like, "I think I proved my point," and then ran through the rest of the area pretty much untouched, effectively turning a playthrough challenge into a series of boss challenges. As anyone who has done it knows, doing NG++++++ at sl 1 or 6 or 15 can be VERY stressful, and if you run through areas you make it a lot easier than it should be, and that removes a bit of the challenge. (Though NG+infinity 4 Kings balances out quite a lot of that, I admit.)
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Seignar wrote:If you ask me, I think a Bandit Run is the hardest since it can't use any form of magic while still having the 10> DEX weakness of the pyromancer.

Same dilemma in Demon Souls SL1, the royalty class was overall better equipped than other classes and didn't have a problem just because it was SL1.

P.S: One thing I like about low level runs is the extremely cheap costs for absolution.

The handaxe is actually pretty beast for a starting weapon at lightning +5 if you are going for an original equipment low level challenge.

But I agree. The thief has a horrible weapon but that one attunement slot has saved me quite a lot of headache.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:52 pm