Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
deadagain
SlakeMoth
defacto
Back Lot Basher
sinspaw
Rynn
BIG TIME MASTER
Sentiel
mugenis4real
XachAttack
steveswede
15 posters

Anyone else sick of Dark Souls PR bull & leeching

Zechk
    Zechk

Anyone else sick of Dark Souls PR bull & leeching - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else sick of Dark Souls PR bull & leeching

Post by Zechk Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:58 pm

I think it's already been said to an extent, but for me the thing that really irks me is that journos and PR goons miss the point. We don't like Dark Souls because it's hard. We like it because it's harsh, but fair.

It forces us to get better, but no matter how good you get or how much you level up, the most basic zombie can kick your backside from here until next Tuesday if you take your eye off the ball. You are never safe, you are never, coddled or so vastly powerful you can slay everything with a couple of hits (hello Skyrim!). The game just sets a bar and expects you to consistently meet it, and if you don't, whelp, go read the tag line.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Anyone else sick of Dark Souls PR bull & leeching - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone else sick of Dark Souls PR bull & leeching

Post by Sentiel Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:31 pm

I must admit that I do like Souls games for their harshness that severely punishes your every mistake, but what I like much more, is their combat system. It's the best real time combat system in RPG ever. There's no % chances, if you miss, you really miss, if you get critical, you have to work for it, not rely on the weapons % chance to do it etc.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:57 am