Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
reim0027
Kerberos-013
DeltronSeven
Glutebrah
RANT
XuitusTheGreat
LunarFog
Automancer
Nybbles
Juutas
Sentiel
Dante_000
Kuragari
17 posters

Which greatsword is more versatile?

XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Which greatsword is more versatile? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which greatsword is more versatile?

Post by XuitusTheGreat Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 am

no its a curved great sword o-o, its r2 is a really heavy thrust
    ICEninja

Which greatsword is more versatile? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which greatsword is more versatile?

Post by ICEninja Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:58 am

That's one of the problems with the bastard sword in PvP, is it's incredibly vulnerable to the claymore. Which is one of the most common weapons. They have the same attack speeds, similar stamina usage, the moveset is just a little different and the bastard sword trades extra damage at the cost of range. When you're in close and personal the damage will eventually win out, but that claymore poke is just...yeah you already know lol.

There are a lot of options, though. I've personally barely touched the flamberge, mostly on a account to my love of katanas IRL so those tend to be my preferred bleed weapon, and the fact that games have a tendency to make flamberges greatswords, when they were historically mostly rapiers.

I've toyed around with the black knight sword but it just feels awful to me. I can't find any justification to use the R2 attacks, which limits you horribly. Being that my faith and int are very low, I haven't bothered much with the Artorias swords either, though they seem to theoretically be the best weapons in the game at high Slvl. If you're doing some level 200+ PvP those might be worth checking out.

Has anyone played around much with the gwyn's greatsword? I haven't actually made one yet so I can't comment on that. I never seem to see anyone say anything about it.
    ICEninja

Post by ICEninja Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:17 am

Also another thing to consider, the Murakumo is a curved greatsword, that one feels pretty versatile to me. Maybe give it a try? One might also consider the washing pole an honorary curved greatsword too.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:20 am

It was asked what Greatsword is more versatile.
    Definitely Claymore.

C/C scaling makes it usable by both Str and Dex characters. It has typical Greatsword moveset, but it can stab with 1H R2, which is usefull in narrow corridors and does piercing damage (some enemies are resistant to slash damage ya know).

Flamberge is also versatile, as it combines moveset of Greatsword and Curved Greatsword + it has bleed, which is a big plus. However it's meant more for Dex builds thanks to it's scaling, so others have to use it elemental, which isn't always ideal.

MLGS is awesome thanks to doing pure Magic damage (but some enemies are rsistant to it) and has very usefull R2 attacks. However it's only usable by Int characters.

I'm not saying which is better for that, or that, but when it comes to versatility and versatility alone, Claymore wins.
    In my opinion, at least.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:14 am