Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
PlasticandRage
Saturday-Saint
Ghadis_God
Rifter7
WyrmHero
Spurgun
zivbu9
11 posters

Leo ring + chaos balde = wins.

zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

Leo ring + chaos balde = wins. Empty Leo ring + chaos balde = wins.

Post by zivbu9 Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:15 pm

So I had a few matches today in the oolacile township, when i was using the leo ring with either the spear or the katana. I discoverd that the running attack with the katana actully counts as a thrusting attack, and with the leo ring I managed to do over 900 damage with this thing! one time i had power within with the leo ring and i was against a washing pole user, and when we both did the running R1 attack I managed to do almost 1000 damage cheers

LEO RING OP.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Leo ring + chaos balde = wins. Empty Re: Leo ring + chaos balde = wins.

Post by Spurgun Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Watch our for people who like to parry that running attack.

And the leo isn't really OP, I can think of many ways to counter that, with any build.
    zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zivbu9 Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Spurgun wrote:Watch our for people who like to parry that running attack.

And the leo isn't really OP, I can think of many ways to counter that, with any build.
    I usuly use the running attack when Im unlocked, which makes it pretty hard to parry (unless my opponent is also uncloked).
    And do you have any ways to counter the leo ring?

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:42 pm

I agree with you Leo Ring is OP as hell especially with a BSS. Without buffing, I got as high as ~650 damage with a 1 handed R2. I say that thing shouldn't be able to do more damage than my DGM.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:37 pm

Spurgun wrote:Watch our for people who like to parry that running attack.

what he said.

the leo ring with dragonbody roar and a sks used to be *** BROKEN. but they nerfed it a bit.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Just imagine what you sacrifice for the Leo- Usually for a melee PvP build, it's Havel's, fap, or Wolf. All of those provide incredible benefits, the Leo ring pushes you toward glass-cannon territory.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:32 am

Yeah, Leo does not even approach being OP. It only justifies the ring slot on builds designed around using it, and it is not like these builds are in a league above others.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:23 am

I don't know that I'd say it's OP, but I don't think it's as easily cast aside as some people like to think. I use it for my Dragon glass cannon build, and it does it's job well. Power Within+ Dragon Roar buff+ Leo Ring+the Pike's running attack at the right moment = massive damage. Makes spear builds more viable, and can allow you to essentially parry with great shields.
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:25 am

WyrmHero wrote:I agree with you Leo Ring is OP as hell especially with a BSS. Without buffing, I got as high as ~650 damage with a 1 handed R2. I say that thing shouldn't be able to do more damage than my DGM.

Ahh man, one of my latest builds was a BSS buff build which utilised the Leo ring. With 180 maj adj CMW and Leo Ring, R2's did insane damage! It's really scary if you come up against it.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:19 am

I don't really see any benefits from using Leo Ring, as it boosts only counter damage, not the damage in general. So unless your opponent is stupid enough to trade hits with you, it will never work on him.
    However turtling with spear, or rapier is another story, but using it on anything else? Meh.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Sentiel wrote:I don't really see any benefits from using Leo Ring, as it boosts only counter damage, not the damage in general. So unless your opponent is stupid enough to trade hits with you, it will never work on him.
    However turtling with spear, or rapier is another story, but using it on anything else? Meh.

That's not entirely true. You see damage increases from it when your opponent is opening themselves up before attacking also. So if you're fighting a player with no poise, and using something strong enough to stun, like the Pike, then you can actually get the damage increase and interrupt their attacks over and over again.
    XDHappyDX
    XDHappyDX

Post by XDHappyDX Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Wouldnt magic be a suitable counter for leo ring as long as you have descent poise? This will mean leo ring is not op?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:50 am

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:I don't really see any benefits from using Leo Ring, as it boosts only counter damage, not the damage in general. So unless your opponent is stupid enough to trade hits with you, it will never work on him.

That's not entirely true. You see damage increases from it when your opponent is opening themselves up before attacking also. So if you're fighting a player with no poise, and using something strong enough to stun, like the Pike, then you can actually get the damage increase and interrupt their attacks over and over again.
    I know, but as I said, that player must be really dense, if he does that. I understand how beneficial it is to spear users and how it can be helpfull when fighting slow tank builds, but other than that, unless your opponent plans on trading hits, it shouldn't hit him anyway.

btw
    Doesn't Leo Ring boost only piercing damage?
    How can it affect Chaos Blade then?
    zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zivbu9 Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:42 am

Sentiel wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

btw
    Doesn't Leo Ring boost only piercing damage?
    How can it affect Chaos Blade then?
    Leo ring affects thrusting attacks, so the running attack with a katana is also affected.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:04 am

Look Skyward
    I'm using katanas for most of my Souls playtime and I forgot about the running R1.
    Look Skyward

At least it shows I don't spam it, like some katana users. Joy
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:34 pm

It especially is useful with Ricards Rapier when you double tap R2. I've won a few PVP just doing that as they approach and build up for a swing!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

I know, but as I said, that player must be really dense, if he does that. I understand how beneficial it is to spear users and how it can be helpfull when fighting slow tank builds, but other than that, unless your opponent plans on trading hits, it shouldn't hit him anyway.

They don't necessarily need to just be trading blows with you. Just need to try to attack you. Works with spell casting too. There're frames in pretty much every action that open a player up for extra damage, and because sooooo many weapons can do thrusting damage, like some great swords, arrows, bolts, spears, thrusting swords, some straight swords, etc, etc, it can be quite a boon if you're on top of your game.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Dang! Now I want to try it. lol!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Sentiel wrote:Dang! Now I want to try it. lol!

The Lucern and Warpick are both particularly effective that way, because all of their attacks do thrust damage. Nice way to counter a spell spammer. Especially the Lucern because it has such good range.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:56 am