Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My only fear...

Hyena
    Hyena

My only fear... Empty My only fear...

Post by Hyena Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:08 am

is what they mean by wanting to make the game "more accessible"

I'm no elitest. I'm fine if they add an easy mode for people who don't enjoy it how it is.

HOWEVER, they've mentioned giving Dark Souls II a more straightforward plotline.

Now I don't know about you, but the most beautiful part of Dark Souls is the atmosphere. The mysterious, Lovecraftian air about it. The uncertainty about what, specifically, has occurred and how it went down.
    The last thing I want is a storyline to follow.
    Dark Souls was about discovery. You needed to delve into the lore yourself, examining items, and putting together what you thought was truly going on.

This is where my fondest memories from Dark Souls come from.
    I don't want to be told what happened and what will happen next. I want to discover it for myself. Discuss it with the community. Create our own opinions on the Dark Souls lore.

The last thing I want is a game that relies on cutscenes or direct storytelling. Cutscenes were used to help contribute to the plot, not to tell it. There was very little voice acting. Only enough to get you to start asking questions (that you're expected to answer on your own).

I pray From Software understands this and doesn't taint such an otherwise beautiful experience.

I'm probably just a panicked fan. I know it's not coming out for a LONG TIME, and that I'm getting worked up over what is probably nothing.
    I'm just afraid of what a sequel can do to such a perfect game. I was expecting a new Souls game altogether... Not a continuation of Dark Souls, itself.

--Dane
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

My only fear... Empty Re: My only fear...

Post by mugenis4real Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:11 am

Your not alone. 🇳🇴
    Hyena
    Hyena

Post by Hyena Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:12 am

mugenis4real wrote:Your not alone. 🇳🇴
    This is great to know. I was worried I was just being unreasonable.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:46 am

I sure hope they don't pull a Supreme Commander 2 on making this game more "accessible".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:12 am