Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
robsthedon
PlasticandRage
reim0027
Glutebrah
Avenger649
Sentiel
Coryf2209
11 posters

Wild Goose Chase

Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Wild Goose Chase Empty Wild Goose Chase

Post by Coryf2209 Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:11 am

For the past while, I've been invading people in the forest wearing the Chester set, and virtually no weapons. I run a couple circles around the host(and/or the phantom), and then run off! They chase me for extended periods of time, and never catch me. I don't even try to fight. If they stop chasing me, I shoot their foot with my blackbow! You should all try this. It's the most fun I've had in Dark Souls in a long time! If anyone does do this, feel free to post your results.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Wild Goose Chase Empty Re: Wild Goose Chase

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:52 am

I've tried this only a few times and always got a CSS in my back and died. sad
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:27 am

Trolling the hosts in the forest is always great fun. Though doing it with a crossbow would have been better.
    Unfortunately, when you do try this it doesn't always work as most people will just ignore you while a phantom sneaks up on you.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Coryf2209 wrote:For the past while, I've been invading people in the forest wearing the Chester set, and virtually no weapons. I run a couple circles around the host(and/or the phantom), and then run off! They chase me for extended periods of time, and never catch me. I don't even try to fight. If they stop chasing me, I shoot their foot with my blackbow! You should all try this. It's the most fun I've had in Dark Souls in a long time! If anyone does do this, feel free to post your results.

if a invader runs away from me i go make a sandwhich and send the invader a message saying im at the start when hes ready to fight.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Coryf2209 wrote:For the past while, I've been invading people in the forest wearing the Chester set, and virtually no weapons. I run a couple circles around the host(and/or the phantom), and then run off! They chase me for extended periods of time, and never catch me. I don't even try to fight. If they stop chasing me, I shoot their foot with my blackbow! You should all try this. It's the most fun I've had in Dark Souls in a long time! If anyone does do this, feel free to post your results.

if a invader runs away from me i go make a sandwhich and send the invader a message saying im at the start when hes ready to fight.
    That's what I do, kinda. I don't chase invaders. There is no point. If someone invades me when I'm questing, I keep going until they engage me.

But, gankers in the forest just can't do that. They usually can't resist chasing. Sounds like great fun.
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:29 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    That's what I do, kinda. I don't chase invaders. There is no point. If someone invades me when I'm questing, I keep going until they engage me.

But, gankers in the forest just can't do that. They usually can't resist chasing. Sounds like great fun.
    Oh, it is, and they can't resist chasing me, because if they dont, they get shot until they do! They can't fight off other invaders when their feet are getting pincushioned by my +10 blackbow.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:36 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

yea it happens to me once in a while hosting in town ship but then i just chat in PSN chat while i wait for him. it always seems to happen when i am trying to log off or leave Township to go meet up with you guys to duel some where.
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    yea it happens to me once in a while hosting in town ship but then i just chat in PSN chat while i wait for him. it always seems to happen when i am trying to log off or leave Township to go meet up with you guys to duel some where.
    It was me. They were all my alts.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:23 pm

The chameleon spell can add great fun to trolling like this. I like to subtly follow people around disguised and try to not be noticed. Nothing to see here...just a simple urn, minding it's own business.
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Meh, not quite as fun, because you aren't wasting all of their time, and screwing them over when they try to fight someone else. Trolling at it's best!
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:40 am

Are you serious, perhaps there is a game of kiss chase out there you could buy instead.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:03 pm

Glutebrah wrote:if a invader runs away from me i go make a sandwhich and send the invader a message saying im at the start when hes ready to fight.
    Same here. I'm usually online with Xbox and offline on pc, so when they run off I just switch back to pc and keep an eye on the tv in case they come back.

If it's somewhere with lots of Red Signs I just keep summoning PvPers. I assume the runner/hider sees the message when I summon others from their RSS, right? I hope they do. I like the idea of them seeing the 'was vanquished' message while they're tucked away in their little hidey hole.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:17 am

I used to do something like this invading in the forest based on one of Sansvie's videos - Smough's Armour + Boar Helm, 2 Bows equipped doing the arrow swap (butt scratch) animation, running around and using Force when they get too close / Dung Pies if there is another invader.

That video makes me giggle (so immature, I know silly ), and I find doing this every now and then to be genuinely hilarious, cause PvP r serious business silly

The Video, if you care to see it happy
    Deprived Lord
    Deprived Lord
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Deprived Lord Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:23 am

wtf thats messed up
    Deprived Lord
    Deprived Lord
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Deprived Lord Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:24 am

Try just invading and spamming force while consuming elizabeths mushrooms they always go for bs fails everytime
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:55 am

that sounds pretty pointless.

if it's a host with 1 summon you've basically guarenteed that the next phantom to invade has a 1v2 on their hands.

good job.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:06 am