Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
DoughGuy
raecor14
Sentiel
Nybbles
Argetlam350
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Zeta Prime
steveswede
12 posters

Possible cut content?

steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Possible cut content? Empty Possible cut content?

Post by steveswede Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:16 pm

I've always wondered if this area was planned but had to be cut due to time.

Possible cut content? Unknowntown4_zpsf660c9e9

Possible cut content? Unknowntown3_zpsa9d2fe5f
    The town looks like an amazing place to explore and it looks like you could access it from Blighttown where the great club is but the entrance was sealed off. It would be interesting to know if any of this is hidden in the PC files.

Last edited by steveswede on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Possible cut content? Empty Re: Possible cut content?

Post by Zeta Prime Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:11 pm

isnt that just the undead burg but just a little lower big grin
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:23 pm

well the undead burg is located above firelink, so.... that would be new londo, just without the darkness effect since your out of range of newlondo's cursedness (darkwraiths infection etc)
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:31 pm

New Londo is in a cave while this town is on the same level as Blighttown swamp. You can see that they're on the same level from the cemetery.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:32 pm

just saying because all the building structures you can see are extremely similar if not identical to the ones located in the undead burg. Doesn't new londo have a ceiling over it with one broken hole where the light comes from? and also would all those buildings be more destroyed? new londo is basically a decayed city.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:44 pm

I don't know. To me it's just scenery really. I don't think it was ever meant to be an area. It's like looking out from the hole under the King's Road bridge in Demon's Souls and you see the city far below. It's just for scenery.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:44 am

it's obviously Boletaria
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 am

whenever im in new londo, it doesn't look like a cave, just like a night time sky without clouds with the bright spot being the sun (though somewhat weakened by the areas innate dark), hence why that was my first thought, plus new londo drains into lower blight town so its in the general area, heck that could be the top of the lower burg area or the roof of the depths....
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:52 am

It's just like the area behind Iron Golem. You can see something that was clearly supposed to be a path and when you climb the bell tower and look with binoculars in that direction, you can see that the wall isn't there and you can see inside. There's something resembling a stairs, leading upwards, probably to Anor Londo.

Similar things are in Daughter of Chaos area (where you find Kirk's gear) and in Centipede Demon area. They all look like passages, that were blocked, but not by a rubble, or landslide, but just a wall, which, at least to me, seems like they were supposed to lead somewhere, but got blocked, perhaps devs didn't have enough time.

The city below Firelink Shrine is probably the same, as there would be no reason to put it there if you couldn't go there. Especially with the game's logic of "whatever you can see, you can venture to". You can see Archives from Parish and you can go there, you can go almost anywhere that is connected by land in the whole game.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:09 am

a lot was cut from the game, more than i think we realize.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:19 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:whenever im in new londo, it doesn't look like a cave, just like a night time sky without clouds with the bright spot being the sun (though somewhat weakened by the areas innate dark), hence why that was my first thought, plus new londo drains into lower blight town so its in the general area, heck that could be the top of the lower burg area or the roof of the depths....
    New Londo is in a cave. The light coming in is a hole in the cave roof.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:25 am

If you look closely it's just the same as undead burg near the first bonfire.

In my opinion it's just them being a little lazy and used something they already made to give the place "scenery". IMO it was not meant to be another area.

I do believe they cut a bunch of content from te game. Oolacile was meant from the get-go but they ran out of time.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:36 am

RedderAI wrote:If you look closely it's just the same as undead burg near the first bonfire

It isn't, the design is completely different. For a start there's a large road in there that's a 3 way junction and compared to the what the undead burg looks from above, looks nothing like this, even the Hellkite bridge is missing. Anyone who has a good memorization of the burg would tell you that there are no matching sections. Because my pictures are of poor quality, you should go and look at the section yourself in game to get a better look. You'll see that the only thing it has in common with the undead burg is bricks and mortar.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:01 pm

raecor14 wrote:a lot was cut from the game, more than i think we realize.

I'm sure alot of stuff was also just sketches, and concept art. No offense to the people on the forum who want ALL the cut content, but its just not possible or likely.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Nybbles wrote:it's obviously Boletaria

Hah, I expected this. big grin

Also, how did you get that skin color for your character OP? It looks like black, but not dark brown skin color which is what we call black in the real world, real, coal black. I want that!
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Djem wrote:Also, how did you get that skin color for your character OP? It looks like black, but not dark brown skin color which is what we call black in the real world, real, coal black. I want that!

I praised the sun a little bit too long Possible cut content? 4205493335

It was done by using the random generator. It took a while to do because you can't get your skin that dark in normal ways and it also had the habit of doing really dark purple most of the time. I will point out that absolute black is impossible to get as you will always have a tint of colour to it. I was fortunate to get it with blue which is why it looks nearly black. I will point out that customizing your face with this colour is virtually impossible to do due to the black background and you will never get your face fully black due to nasal and cheek colours being restricted.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:44 pm

steveswede wrote:
    RedderAI wrote:If you look closely it's just the same as undead burg near the first bonfire

It isn't, the design is completely different. For a start there's a large road in there that's a 3 way junction and compared to the what the undead burg looks from above, looks nothing like this, even the Hellkite bridge is missing. Anyone who has a good memorization of the burg would tell you that there are no matching sections. Because my pictures are of poor quality, you should go and look at the section yourself in game to get a better look. You'll see that the only thing it has in common with the undead burg is bricks and mortar.

The three way junction you refer to is actually just the same building model as when you encounter your first crossbow hollow. The "road" you refer too is actually just the bridge you cross when you first see the hellfire Wyvern. Take a closer look.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:16 pm

RedderAI wrote:
    steveswede wrote:

The three way junction you refer to is actually just the same building model as when you encounter your first crossbow hollow. The "road" you refer too is actually just the bridge you cross when you first see the hellfire Wyvern. Take a closer look.

Show me where this three way junction is in the burg. Take a picture of it to show me where you mean.

Possible cut content? Unknowntown5_zps2f5b090e
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:49 pm

I'm getting off topic here, but can you give me more detail on how to achieve that skin color, I mean step by step? I would be very grateful.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Djem wrote:I'm getting off topic here, but can you give me more detail on how to achieve that skin color, I mean step by step? I would be very grateful.

Select "Jubilant Catarina" as face type.
    Go to "Create similar face".
    Push the dial all the way to "Different"
    Then just keep pressing X on the "Create similar face" button until you get the colour you want.

Just remember that the minute you start changing the skin colours in the "Entire" section, you will loose the dark shade and have to start all over again.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Thanks. +1

Here I come character creation!
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:53 pm

I'm sure most of this is just filler. Sort of like looking down over Anor Londo. It looks huge, but I doubt most of it was ever intented to be playable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:06 am