Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

What's the point of the 'initialize' button? Convenience?

Bearded Dragon
    Bearded Dragon

What's the point of the 'initialize' button? Convenience?  Empty What's the point of the 'initialize' button? Convenience?

Post by Bearded Dragon Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:21 pm

On the level up menu you can see that pressing triangle does 'initialize'. What's the point of this button? I mean, I know it resets the stats you've raised before committing to them but you could just as well use the back arrow or press the back button. I suppose one could argue that it's slightly of use when you want to reset a bunch of stats in one go because it's more "convenient". But even then initialize seems like a waste of coding space. Mostly you only level up 1-2 levels at a time anyway so yeah...

I was theorizing the other day that maybe the real purpose of this initialize button was to reset one's stat, eg. dexterity, to the original stat of your character's class but only if you have enough souls to retrace whatever number of levels in order to go back to the original value of that stat in one single go... If that makes any sense... Anyway, I tried that today and it doesn't work, unfortunately. Would've been great though.
    NinesVoerman

What's the point of the 'initialize' button? Convenience?  Empty Re: What's the point of the 'initialize' button? Convenience?

Post by NinesVoerman Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:24 pm

Convenience it seems.
    Bearded Dragon
    Bearded Dragon

What's the point of the 'initialize' button? Convenience?  Empty Re: What's the point of the 'initialize' button? Convenience?

Post by Bearded Dragon Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Yeah, I guess so. Although the back arrow is effectively just as convenient in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:30 am