Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Automancer
aceluby
User1
7 posters

Level 1 PVP

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Level 1 PVP Empty Level 1 PVP

Post by User1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:12 pm

I know from proper experiance how annoying being invaded while being either on a low level playthrough, or just starting a new one how annoying these people are. Share your thoughts here! Also, if you want, you can always just kill them, since they invade all levels, so if you're lucky enough to be invaded by one, it will be an easy fight. Good luck!
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Level 1 PVP Empty Re: Level 1 PVP

Post by aceluby Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Can you get invaded at SL1? I thought someone did a test of this in the forest where they had to be SL4 or 5 before they were able to be invaded...
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Only if you're REALLY high on the indictments. Sins from other characters transfer over to your new ones, so don't be a naughty boy!
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:06 am

i've been invaded by those a few times.

not a funk was given when i killed them. harassing newbies is lame in my books.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:38 am

What I meant was people who stay Level 1, but make themselves OP with things like Pyromancy, just to invade noobs.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:13 am

Well, unless they went through NG+7 at SL1, i don't see that as a problem. They worked hard and earned it. Twinks, well... I'm sure you'll know what others might say. =3
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:43 am

Automancer wrote:Well, unless they went through NG+7 at SL1, i don't see that as a problem. They worked hard and earned it. Twinks, well... I'm sure you'll know what others might say. =3
    Cough cough hehehe lol!

Invading and co-oping with SL1 is perfectly fine. SL doesn't matter that much, what matters is gear. If you use weapons and spells, that aren't normally obtainable in this part of the game, then you're being OP towards your host.

One should use only what he should be capable of using without Master Key when invading and co-oping at these locations with low SL, just so that he doesn't ruin the game for his host.

I, for one, play by this and it seems very fair and logical to me and it's actually pretty fun to fight with +0 - +5 weapons. It's totally different than high SL PvP. Additionaly, I find absolutely no fun at one shotting someone who can't even defend himself against me.

But same goes to co-op, because storming through the area, slaughtering everything with one swing of your weapon ruins the experience for the host as well. I see LOT of OP gear using phantoms in Burg and Parish and I would never summon them, as they would ruin my game, even though I've played it for over a thousand hours.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Automancer wrote:Well, unless they went through NG+7 at SL1, i don't see that as a problem. They worked hard and earned it. Twinks, well... I'm sure you'll know what others might say. =3
    Cough cough hehehe lol!

Invading and co-oping with SL1 is perfectly fine. SL doesn't matter that much, what matters is gear. If you use weapons and spells, that aren't normally obtainable in this part of the game, then you're being OP towards your host.

One should use only what he should be capable of using without Master Key when invading and co-oping at these locations with low SL, just so that he doesn't ruin the game for his host.

I, for one, play by this and it seems very fair and logical to me and it's actually pretty fun to fight with +0 - +5 weapons. It's totally different than high SL PvP. Additionaly, I find absolutely no fun at one shotting someone who can't even defend himself against me.

But same goes to co-op, because storming through the area, slaughtering everything with one swing of your weapon ruins the experience for the host as well. I see LOT of OP gear using phantoms in Burg and Parish and I would never summon them, as they would ruin my game, even though I've played it for over a thousand hours.

You ain't the only one, pal. I can understand about having OP armor/weapons would ruin the experience. I mean, at SL1, it's quite risky doing PvP. Would you really want a duel/invasion to end in a hit or two? That's boring!

When i happen to invade new players, i switch back to my regular underpowered stuff and dance with them. I want to help them learn about the harshness of this game and it's playerbase. If they R1 spam, i'll parry and riposte barehanded until they learn. If they turtle, Bandit Knife to the rescue! Many times have i gotten mails telling how fun the invasion was. Makes me feel like what i do during my free time was well worth it.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:54 am

I never get invaded at low levels. No idea why, but I just don't. Shrug
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 am

I admit I like to troll at low SL invasions. silly

Nothing harmfull, but outright annoying, like spamming Force to throw the host around, closing shortcuts, buffing enemies, leading them to traps and ambushes etc. Usually, after I have my fun with them, I'll drop them a nice present as a reward for their efforts and leave.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:03 am

I've usually not enjoyed it. Normally I experienced PvP at this level while doing Co-Op and assisting people with the Gargoyles.

Fighting low level Dragon Archers that hit for 1k damage, and switch to lightning daggers can get pretty annoying when you face them too often.

Very rarely I have found some cool low level invaders, some even fresh players who were using cracked eye orbs. I really enjoyed those battles because I could just show them PvP and try and let them have some fun fighting me. Sadly there were times hwen Anti-Griefer hosts and summons would ruin it for me and just instantly kill the invader even if they were new.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:42 pm