Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
lextune
Sloth9230
Hatsune Miku
Jester's Tears
miclo514
steveswede
MosquitoPower
callipygias
Automancer
Back Lot Basher
14 posters

Which chunks have the worst drop rate (outside of Kiln)?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Which chunks have the worst drop rate (outside of Kiln)? Empty Which chunks have the worst drop rate (outside of Kiln)?

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Regular seem to be pretty easy when farming Darkwraiths. What about the other three? Which one has the worst drop rate of the colors?
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Which chunks have the worst drop rate (outside of Kiln)? Empty Re: Which chunks have the worst drop rate (outside of Kiln)?

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:50 pm

I'd say the Red ones. Only because of the scarcity of it.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Which chunks have the worst drop rate (outside of Kiln)? Empty Re: Which chunks have the worst drop rate (outside of Kiln)?

Post by callipygias Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Easily red. Regular chunks are easiest, then blue, then white, then at the bottoms sits red.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks...I'll make sure I'm selective when choosing a Chaos weapon.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Just for the heck of it, im going to add what chunks are the most fun to farm (is farming ever fun?).

Regular = 7. Good drop rate, sort of easy enemies and lots of them, 1 in a zillion chance of getting a slab too. Always a chance to get summoned to 4 kings, even if you drop sign in water area. Quick run if you trip the elevator switch as you exit the elevator.

Blue = 6. Good drap rate as well, if you have the right weapon blue rock men are easy to take down. Not quite as good chaince to get summoned, most must have 2 followers before they leave Duke's bonfire.

Red = 1. Reaaaally bad drop rate for only a few enemies. Loooonnng run. not very good chance for summon...and if you do....bed of chaos....

White = 10. Drop sign at tomb of giants bonfire, kill all bone towers and 3 headed guys, farm a little humanity from skely babys. Use bone to teleport back, repeat. If you get summoned for Nito on the way... bonus souls for that run!

Thats my take. I dont bother with red stone untill I get to Kiln.
    Life it too short to spend any more time that nesessary in lava land without sunglases 8)
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Just to let you know that even though red chucks are rare, at least red slabs will pop up every now and then. I have never been able to farm a blue or a white slab and I have really tried.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:05 pm

steveswede wrote:Just to let you know that even though red chucks are rare, at least red slabs will pop up every now and then. I have never been able to farm a blue or a white slab and I have really tried.

That is interesting on the red slabs.
    I have never seen a blue or regular slab either and I have farmed the heck out of those areas.

But when my no faith build made a trip through toumb of giants... white slab drop from 3 headed wizard. Prostration
    miclo514
    Casual
    Casual

Post by miclo514 Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Since the last patch, titanite slabs are pretty common from DW's.
    On one of my characters, my two first runs I got a slab on each of them, other charachter took me about 20 runs to acquire 2 slabs, then there is other times where I will get like 3-4 in 30-45 min...
    Drop rate for titanite slabs has increased significantly for me.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:18 pm

steveswede wrote:Just to let you know that even though red chucks are rare, at least red slabs will pop up every now and then. I have never been able to farm a blue or a white slab and I have really tried.
    Never gotten a red in all the time I've played, but I've gotten 2 whites.

I'm starting to think that the chest with the red chunk that's behind the illusionary wall in Oolacile was intended to have been a 2nd red slab, and that they changed their minds or someone screwed up. It's so out of place, a hidden wall, you find a chest, and get a... chunk? The dlc gave and extra of all the other slabs, and I bet that chest was supposed to hold the 2nd red slab originally.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:40 pm

miclo514 wrote:Since the last patch, titanite slabs are pretty common from DW's.
    On one of my characters, my two first runs I got a slab on each of them, other charachter took me about 20 runs to acquire 2 slabs, then there is other times where I will get like 3-4 in 30-45 min...
    Drop rate for titanite slabs has increased significantly for me.

I once got. 3 SLABS IN ONE RUN.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:33 pm

callipygias wrote:Easily red. Regular chunks are easiest, then blue, then white, then at the bottoms sits red.

Pretty much this.

But I think it also has to do with how lucky your character is to begin with.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
    callipygias wrote:Easily red. Regular chunks are easiest, then blue, then white, then at the bottoms sits red.

Pretty much this.

Ain't that the truth, My second toon got 2 slabs on a new londo run, and another when I was farming dragon scales( I figured I'd kill darkwraiths while i'm at it)

I have never seen another slab since then sad
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Vinyl Scratch wrote:

Pretty much this.

Ain't that the true, My second toon got 2 slabs on a new londo run, and another when I was farming dragon scales( I figured I'd kill darkwraiths while i'm at it)

I have never seen another slab since then sad

It's real unfortunate when you get all the way to the darkwraith part of the game and find out that your characters luck is just plop of horse feces, and that's it.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:09 pm

The answer has already been given: Red.

As for slabs, I have had a red slab drop, (wasn't even farming), and I have had 2 or 3 white slabs drop when clearing out the tomb to farm humanity. Regular slabs are, like regular chunks, the easiest to farm. And I have quite literally, never, killed a butterfly in the cave, so a big fat zero on the blue slabs.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Red.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:42 pm

♪ Red, red, wine. You make me feel so fine. ♪
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am

I remember finding the Blue and White slabs in the DLC....where is the titanite Slab? I'm drawing a complete blank, but I must have found it....
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 am

In Kalameet's boss stage, behind the waterfall.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Automancer wrote:I'd say the Red ones. Only because of the scarcity of it.

The Squids in Izalith drop Red chunks and slabs easy for me.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:30 pm

GkMrBane wrote:

Lucky bassturd.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:39 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:In Kalameet's boss stage, behind the waterfall.

lol...I've never even gone behind the waterfall. Thanks!
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:

Lucky bassturd.

Its just me being weird but I like to kill them with a different weapon everytime then cycle back cause I feel like it cycles drop chances but I could just be crazy.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:33 pm

I honestly dislike white the most, I just hate hate hate doing down there.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:35 pm

The Tomb is the worst part of the game IMO. But those Bone Towers drop those stones at such a friendly rate that the farming isn't all that bad, to be honest.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Shows how amazing the game is I guess, because the Tomb is one of my favorite areas. Different strokes for different folks. silly

(The Duke's Archives is BY FAR my most hated area. F those archers).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:27 am