Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My attempt at some kinda archer build. (Canceled, changed mind)

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

My attempt at some kinda archer build. (Canceled, changed mind) Empty My attempt at some kinda archer build. (Canceled, changed mind)

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:57 am

http://mmdks.com/iez

Since I'm FINALLY satisfied with my main build, I figured I'de try making just one more. But I'm not sure what I want to make it, so I'm trying this out.

The 17/17 is for a Straightsword, which will be Enchanted, and to be able to use Velka's Rapier.

The armor not only gives me enough pose with the wolf ring to withstand an Ultra G.sword, it looks nice with the Moonlight Sword. I dislike sorceries, so no attunement.

So, what're your thoughts?

Last edited by XachAttack on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

My attempt at some kinda archer build. (Canceled, changed mind) Empty Re: My attempt at some kinda archer build. (Canceled, changed mind)

Post by hey its andres Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:15 am

Although it does seem a waste to not have at least one spell with that high of endurance it does look like a fun, solid build that will play pretty nicely. I must ask though why the cloranthy ring? Is it just for preference? (I know I loves me some Grass Crest tongue )
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

My attempt at some kinda archer build. (Canceled, changed mind) Empty Re: My attempt at some kinda archer build. (Canceled, changed mind)

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:16 am

Yeah, it's preference. I hate how the Grass Crest Shield looks lol.

Glad to hear someone thinks it'll work nicely. Confidence boost, ahoy!
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:30 am

Hahaha you're welcomne. Yeah I find the use of intelligence for magic weapons and not spells very interesting, you can probably get a lot of people off guard with such high magic damage (especially turtles). Instead of a straight sword have you considered the barbed straight sword for its bleeding?
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:34 am

No, but I know I'm not gonna get anyone with it. Just about everyone knows you can simply roll through the bleed effect, and has the timing for it down.

That, and I don't attack often enough to inflict statuses lol.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:46 am

You people and your archers. big grin

Your build is good, best archer I've seen here so far.

I have three questions about it.

Why, in the name of Gwynevere's bOObs do you have 50 Int and no f*cking spells on you? I understand you dislike Sorceries, but that doesn't mean you have to use Pursuers etc. I think using stuff like Chameleon and Hidden Body can beneficial for an archer.
    Anyway, that's up to you and I respect your decision to not use any spells. It's admirable.

If you're gonna mid roll as an archer, you're gonna have a bad time.
    Not saying you will die, but you will be forced to use that MLGS more than your bow. It would be a good idea to go with around 31 Poise to tank faster weapons and equip DWGR to cover more ground when evading.

83 Poise! What the... I don't even... C'mon man, think about it. You're an archer, you're supposed to keep distance. You don't need no stinking Poise. If you get hit, then you get hit, but if you want to use an archer, you really shouldn't worry about Poise, but how to get away from melee range.
    Anyway, if you want Poise, 31 is enough. If you get hit by anything bigger you deserved it and should try harder.

PS:
    Light Crossbow? Hehehe I know you love Avelyn mate, so why not raise your End to 44 so you can carry it around?

PPS:
    A bit OT, about your avatar. Why is Ciaran pooping presents? :shock:
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:56 am

Well as I said before, I dislike sorceries, all of them. I just think they're nerdy lol. 50 Int gives me the most benefit with my Enchanted weapons and the Moonlight Sword.

The ranged attacks are kinda optional, I'm not really gonna focus on using them much. To be 100% honest, I wasn't too sure what I wanted with my 2nd build, so I'm just trying random things I think of. The only thing I'm sure of is that I want it to be an Int build, cuz a few of the weapons look really neat

About the poise, I tried to get it a bit less...crazy, but I tried to make the armor match lol so I was limited to what I could use and still be at 76+. Besides, it looks awesome! That, and I prefer the midroll, forever. I can do a special dance with it XD.

I wanted to avoid using the same weapons on this character that I use on my main one, which is the one you've fought before. So, Light crossbow it is.

She's not doing that lol, they're supposed to be falling out of her skirt. I couldn't get a santa hat on there because of the white background, so that was what I went with.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:04 am

Meh...I changed my mind, I'll just copy my main build, minus the differences.

Thanks for the replies o/.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:11 pm