Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Phoenix Rising
Glutebrah
stryks1
8 posters

Chaos Blade Build

stryks1
    stryks1
    Casual
    Casual

Chaos Blade Build Empty Chaos Blade Build

Post by stryks1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Hey guys! I was messing around with weapons that just don't appear very often the other day, and i came across the Chaos Blade katana. It really interested me the damage it can pull off with 40 dex and 10 humanity with a 40 40ish end/vit. I was rolling with Shotel for my secondary and grass crest. Now here's my question for you professional cb users out there.

What rings? I was toying with the idea of a red tearstone ring and hornets because the idea of 50% increase with a low health riposet or backstab makes me happy in the pants (if that combo of rings would even work).

Otherwise any suggestions or ideas would be amazing! I really want to make this build work happy
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Chaos Blade Build Empty Re: Chaos Blade Build

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:50 pm

stryks1 wrote:Hey guys! I was messing around with weapons that just don't appear very often the other day, and i came across the Chaos Blade katana. It really interested me the damage it can pull off with 40 dex and 10 humanity with a 40 40ish end/vit. I was rolling with Shotel for my secondary and grass crest. Now here's my question for you professional cb users out there.

What rings? I was toying with the idea of a red tearstone ring and hornets because the idea of 50% increase with a low health riposet or backstab makes me happy in the pants (if that combo of rings would even work).

Otherwise any suggestions or ideas would be amazing! I really want to make this build work happy

look at my dex build in sig. don't use hornets ring.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:51 pm

I personally use the Ring of Favor and Protection and the Dark Wood Grain Ring. Other suggestions would be the Red Tearstone or the Wolf ring to boost poise. Using the Hornet ring will get you hatemail and is generally frowned upon and banned in duels....just sayin.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:I personally use the Ring of Favor and Protection and the Dark Wood Grain Ring. Other suggestions would be the Red Tearstone or the Wolf ring to boost poise. Using the Hornet ring will get you hatemail and is generally frowned upon and banned in duels....just sayin.

its also lame, because what is the fun of OHKOing people?
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    Phoenix Rising wrote:I personally use the Ring of Favor and Protection and the Dark Wood Grain Ring. Other suggestions would be the Red Tearstone or the Wolf ring to boost poise. Using the Hornet ring will get you hatemail and is generally frowned upon and banned in duels....just sayin.

This is true...I don't understand how people can have fun doing that. Just stab and done...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:01 pm

What if you're using a Mail Breaker?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:

This is true...I don't understand how people can have fun doing that. Just stab and done...

exactly, i enjoy fights that last more then 3 seconds.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:05 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:What if you're using a Mail Breaker?

mail breaker might seem like it sucks but with hornet its actually pretty good for crits.
    chaos blade sucks anyway, make a str build and use the demon great hammer.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:08 pm

That's what I'm saying, that's a weapon that completely depends on that ring in order to in any way viable.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:13 pm

its still good without the ring, i like use it whenever i dont have enough weight to carry a rapier or estoc.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:17 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    chaos blade sucks anyway

take it back.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:23 pm

@ Glute. You say you like fights to last longer, and yet you often lout that the Chaos blade has the highest damage output of the Katana weapons.

Shouldn't you be using the Pole or Iiato since their damage is worse and would prolong your fights?

Why use RTSR when once it's active a DEX build CB will topple even the mightiest in 1-2 swings?

Why do you Choose hornets are "Un fun lots of damage" whilst other sources of "lots of damage" are okay by you?

((PS. It's good to be back))
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:31 pm

Longer than 3 seconds does not necessarily mean as long as possible. I really don't care if my fights only last 3 seconds if I'm just using a weapon that is capable of killing someone that fast, like the Great Scythe, or if I open the fight with a parry/riposte on a low VIT build.

By the way Glute, I'm letting you know right now that you indirectly made me fall in love with the Chaos Blade.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Jansports wrote:@ Glute. You say you like fights to last longer, and yet you often lout that the Chaos blade has the highest damage output of the Katana weapons.

Shouldn't you be using the Pole or Iiato since their damage is worse and would prolong your fights?

Why use RTSR when once it's active a DEX build CB will topple even the mightiest in 1-2 swings?

Why do you Choose hornets are "Un fun lots of damage" whilst other sources of "lots of damage" are okay by you?

((PS. It's good to be back))

The chaos blade still won't kill people in a few swings unlesstheir vitality is super super low , it also has the coolest looks and the lift drain is awesome for rtsr.

To me rtsr isn't the same as hornet ring, because when it's active I am one hit from death, and I don't swap to it like some/most people do so when I am above the rtsr range it is a wasted useless ring slot.

Hornet ring is simply for backstab, they do enough damage as is, I also don't backstab people unless they are fishing and begging for a counter bs. And as for riposte 800-900 damage is more then enough, I don't need more.

But you are right the rtsr adds more damage, but that is at the end of the fight, i'm not OHKOing some one right from the start. The rtsr adds 50% damage which is 225 for for the chaos bladewhen my life is under 25%. People who buff add 350-400 damage while tthey are at full life.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:02 pm

even with rtsr active and your opponent having full health it takes three hits if they have 40 vit and favor ring. there's nothing like having no vit and doing a lunging attack (splat!)and ohko'ing your opponent. i ony do lunging attacks when i have rtsr activated cause i know i will mis most of the time so that gives them an edge and it just looks awesome when you actually get a hit like that.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Chaos blade with rtsr active does no where near 500 damage a swing. Which is needed to 3 shot 1590 life. It does closer to 300-350 a swing
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 pm

regular hit does around 300 from what ive seen dude.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Lol I'm happy if I hit for over 200 regular one handed R1
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 pm

its preobably cause i always wear light armor, idk.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Could be, I know on majority of people its around 200 for one hand swings. And 300 for two hands. I know with power with in against ghad and his heavy armor tank I was barely doing 250

I'd be shocked if my one handed normal R1 Did more then 250 to you. You might be thinking of running or rolling attacks andiI hit you during a counter

Last edited by Glutebrah on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:27 pm

lol that funny, i was doing around 200(maybe a little more) with my occult garg hal, but damn garg hal is awesome for ripostes of backstabs.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 pm

RantFromRant wrote:lol that funny, i was doing around 200(maybe a little more) with my occult garg hal, but damn garg hal is awesome for ripostes of backstabs.

That halbert hits like a truck. It has slightly lower AR then my great scythe I believe, but normal R1 attacks it hits more
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:01 pm

The Chaos Blade typically his harder against heavy armor builds when you use the dash attacks, as the pierce damage usually goes through the armor better than the slash damage. RtsR or not, it still does some seriously respectable damage 2h, I usually get around 300-350 and even more for a counter.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:03 pm

with 28/40 quality build the garg hal has 518 and the GS has 500 its not that much but its noticeable. mine was occult with 50 faith and i am happy with the damage output, i think after the last nerf of the elemental weaapons the faith/int weapons are now better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:15 pm