Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Djem
Rarayn
Sentiel
RedderAI
XachAttack
9 posters

W-wow, you guys weren't kidding..

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

W-wow, you guys weren't kidding.. Empty W-wow, you guys weren't kidding..

Post by XachAttack Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:01 am

I'm running my first Int build and went into the DLC. Since I have no spells, I only have weapons which are magic/soon to be Enchanted and they're doing like no damage lol.

I was summoned for the Township a bit ago and we reached Manus. My +5 Moonlight Sword with 30 Int so far..lol49damage. Thank god I brought a trusty Crossbow.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

W-wow, you guys weren't kidding.. Empty Re: W-wow, you guys weren't kidding..

Post by RedderAI Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:06 am

No spells for an Int build? That's a little odd...

In my opinion the DLC enemies and bosses are the most resistant to magic out of the game. Physical is where it's at. I managed to beat Kalameet dual wielding the tracers. Was the most difficult fight of my life. Very enjoyable though!
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:09 am

Yeah, I dislike sorceries, so no attunement for me lol.

My normal build uses +15 stuff, so I'm aware that Normal damage is 'better' per se. Still though, I've wanted to give Int a try, it's weapons look pretty cool.

Nice job with getting him with only those two o.O that must've taken FOREVER!
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:19 am

God. It took over seven deaths and multiple times he came "close" to death. The gold tracer was for when I had a BIG opening (like when he spews his breath attack from his left to right) an it would do like a bit over 250 and the dark silver tracer was for when I can get a few slashes in and then hightail it out of his array of AoE attacks. It was a full on Cairan cosplay too.

I also applaud you going into the DLC fully aware of the resistances. I for one would have never done that.

P.S. I now know Kalameet can't be poisoned or bled out or he just has insanely high resistances. big grin
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:04 am

You didn't take into account running into Magic resistant enemies, or perhaps players with GMB?

If you're using a MLGS, go and make yourself a nice Fire Claymore, that will make your life easier.

DLC bosses will be resistant to that as well, but at least it will do a lot more damage than MLGS to them. It will also be usefull for Archives.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:21 am

Magic resistant enemies, yes. Players with GMB...no =_=. Thank you very much for reminding me that it exists lol. Off to making an elemental weapon then!
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:56 am

Sentiel wrote:You didn't take into account running into Magic resistant enemies, or perhaps players with GMB?

If you're using a MLGS, go and make yourself a nice Fire Claymore, that will make your life easier.

DLC bosses will be resistant to that as well, but at least it will do a lot more damage than MLGS to them. It will also be usefull for Archives.
    How's their resistance to lightning? Better or worse than their resistance to Fire?

I dread going to Oolacile on my current character, as I very much doubt that my Divine-centric SL30 sunbro will do very well there. >.<
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:10 am

Ah, crap. My new character is an intelligence build. The DLC will be pretty tough for me then.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:19 am

Rarayn wrote:How's their resistance to lightning? Better or worse than their resistance to Fire?

Kalameet has slightly lower resistance to lightning than to magic and fire, but still a lot higher than you'd expect from a dragon.
    Don't know about the other ones.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:02 am

I'm in the process of making an Dex/Int atm and only got one elemental weapon, Fire Claymore +10.

Unlike Xach, I use spells, so it either dies to Sorcery spam, or I take out Pyromancies.

There's no need for Lightning, because no single enemy has enough resistance to both Magic and Fire (Crystal Golem vs Magic level resistance) to survive this.

Only exception was Kalameet, only thanks to his ridiculously high HP. I've used all of my casts and he was on 1/5 of his HP.
    That hurt my pride as a caster, so I Homewarded out and returned with Cursed Body+Sanctus+Dusk Crown Ring+Red Tearstone Ring+PW+Dragon Torso.
    twisted
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:51 pm

My SL 6 sorcerer was able to cut off his tail by herself big grin But yeah, magic weapons are just useless against all the DLC bosses.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:03 pm

How's their resistance to Dark Magic ?
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:09 pm

Pretty damn good apparently. I was summoned for Manus a bit ago today and saw one of us use Dark Bead on him. His hp bar didn't go down very much at all.

It's being tested that Dark magic actually does Magical AND Physical damage, so that would explain a bit.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 pm

thanks ! Im looking forward to fighting them again and again a lot , and creating my dark magic based, bloated necromancer build.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Dark Magic does damage them a bit more than normal ones thanks to their physical aspect, but I'm not sure about Manus.

Logically, he should be extremely resistant to it, but if it is the case, or no I can't tell. When I fought manus with my Int character, I was already out of most of my spells, because I got invaded and had to take over half of his HP down by melee.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Fire based weapons do not do well on Mansus from my research. A +5 fire uchi with stats that bring it to 438 does, if I remember 45 or 95 damage in a one hand hit. Though strong fire spells do take at least 100 off him. How well it works on the others though I'm not sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:47 am