Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Forum Pirate
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
FruitPunchNinja
RedderAI
Wisp
Fragment
Hue
User1
Saturday-Saint
ublug
Spurgun
XachAttack
RANT
Xero
Jansports
Rarayn
CephGabriel
21 posters

Up and coming PvP'er: stuck for weapon

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Up and coming PvP'er: stuck for weapon - Page 2 Empty Re: Up and coming PvP'er: stuck for weapon

Post by RANT Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:46 pm

XachAttack wrote:I'm half joking and half serious, as I'm considering messing with this too. Try using Daggers, not to BS fish or Parry spam, but just for their movesets.

That I know has never been done before, of course other than me to my knowledge.

i have only gone up against ONE invader that actually wanted a legit knife fight with r1 only, no parrying or bsing which was pretty awesome. why is it so hard to get into one of those? poo.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Up and coming PvP'er: stuck for weapon - Page 2 Empty Re: Up and coming PvP'er: stuck for weapon

Post by User1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:00 pm

A Crescent Axe is great, but very underrated, I've never seen anyone use it. Also, the Gravelord Sword is great for power, stunning and quick attacks for a greatsword.
    CephGabriel
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 am

Hmm pricilla's dagger looks awesome! Now I've got to get to her in the game.. Any help on killing the many many headed sea guy or the moonlight butterfly?
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:47 am

CephGabriel wrote:Hmm pricilla's dagger looks awesome! Now I've got to get to her in the game.. Any help on killing the many many headed sea guy or the moonlight butterfly?

For the Hydra you coul grab a shield with 100% physical damage reduction and just attack the heads when it attacks. Or you can use a bow. Either option works well but just be wary of their water cannon attacks.

As for the moonlight butterfly grab the crest shield from undead asylum and get good with your dodging and you should be Fine. Jut watch out for te butterfly's explosion attack after it lands. Could one shot you if you're not careful.
    CephGabriel
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:53 am

Undead asylum? I thought that was the tutorial area..

Otherwise that advice will probably save me a lot of death!
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:38 pm

CephGabriel wrote:Undead asylum? I thought that was the tutorial area..

Otherwise that advice will probably save me a lot of death!

Theres a way back to the asylum. Just gotta figure it out. ^_^

btw also watch out for the all of the butterflies attacks if Ii choose to opt out for the crest shield. All of its attacks are pure magic and can give you quite the hard time. It really helps if you Summon Whitch Beatrice before the fight. Her summon sign is slightly hidden before the boss fog. I had a very hard time with the butterfly when I first got the game. Now it's a walk in the park.
    CephGabriel
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:33 pm

Thanks for all the help guys.

Quickly back on topic. Does priscilla's dagger provide a phaesable (albeit) challenging build for PVP along with PGS? What (light obviously) armor should I look for?

Praise nito!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Every good weapon is "overused", just use what you like. I tend to use weapons that go along with my armor set up, and stats of course. Like if i'm using Knight armor i will use "knightly" weapons, and if i'm trying to look like a eastern warrior/ninja/samurai i will use eastern style weapons.

Best DEX weapons, IMO.

-Every Katana, choose based on personal preference.

-Balder Side Sword

-Ricards Rapier

-Falchion or Gold Tracer(it's a toss up)

-Great Sycthe/Lifehunt Scythe(i prefer GS)

-Murakumo(technically dex, but reqs a decent amount of STR)

-Silver Knight Spear

DEX weapons that are still good but "underused"(IMO)

-Flamberge

-Silver Knight Sword

-Shotel

-Claws

-Winged Spear/Partizan

-Server(slightly less STR req compared to Mura, but less range/dmg)

-Scythe(basically Garg Halberd for DEX builds, not a great choice compared to great scythe)

-Whips(i actually think they are pretty good secondary weapons, not ever going to be the best possible choice though)
    CephGabriel
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:06 am

Hmm interesting.. The claws still play on my mind as they're just so cool.. Problem is they scale rubbishly AFAIK.. Thanks for the I do though.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:02 am

just a note on priscys dagger, its best used when paired with another bleed weapon as it actually builds up the bleed meter fairly slowly, so maybe have both a pgs and pricsillas dagger on your right hand and switch to the dagger whenever you think you can get bleed (does 500 instead of 300 on bleed),

currently im using priscys dagger and the silver tracer dagger on my dex toon, they actually stand up fairly well in direct combat, especially with all the low poise flippy types im running into in the township.

also if you want unique... maybe you could try out this crab assasin build: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=451612379540889977

i say crab because both weapons look shell based or in the spears case like a claw. quelaags sword has a fast sweep attack in the offhand with lots of range, great for preventing backstabs and the demons spear... well it has the most insane range of any spear just don't touch the r2.

also heres a possibility for a pgs/priscy build, with an interesting armor combo...

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=220435356334183996

Last edited by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:06 am

A dagger. be a buff build (50 faith, 20 dex, the rest hp or end stat wise) buff that dagger and r1 spam like a boss. run twop to shut down spear roll pokers. Its uncommon and brutaly effective.
    CephGabriel
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:21 am

Ooh, I like those builds! I'll just have full PG armour or something similiar, maybe the dark set if I can squeeze it in.

Seems pretty good, sadly I plan on joining gravelord/darkwraith and I like to be "canon" so no faith for me.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 am

the falchion is VERY effective and thanks to the gold tracer never used, iato is never used either
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:20 am

iaito and falchion are used a lot, raecor.

op, there's a reason why certain weapons are commonly used for pvp.

i wish you the best of luck on that venture, and sincerely hope you don't end up treating others negatively due to their and your own choice of weapons, but rather use them just for fun.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:00 am

Everything is popular. If it's good, people use it to win. If it's mediocre, people will use it to look cool. If it's bad, people will use it because they think they are oh-so hilarious. If it's total ****, trolls will use it to cherry tap.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:49 am

CephGabriel wrote:Ooh, I like those builds! I'll just have full PG armour or something similiar, maybe the dark set if I can squeeze it in.

Seems pretty good, sadly I plan on joining gravelord/darkwraith and I like to be "canon" so no faith for me.

Just so know the gravelord covenant is a faith covenant. You get miracles and thy get stronger the more you level up in the covenant.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:39 am

CephGabriel wrote:Hey all,

I started Dark souls a couple of weeks ago with the purpose of joining the PVP scene, due to the fancy combat etc. Now I had originally started off with the uichikatana because I loved it, but since then I have discovered (to my horror) that the katanas are horribly overused in the PVP scene. Me being me, I only like using at least uncommon weapons, I despise being mainstream.

So, for a poor noob. Which weapons do you think I should go for. I prefer the whole agility rather than heavy armour set up, hence the katana. Any ideas? Many thanks
    Subscribe to my youtube channel if you like? im doing a series called UUW (UnUsed Weapons or Under Used Weapons) and its where i take uncommon weapons, do some pvp and write in the vid description the ups and downs of the weapons i never recomend or disapprove of any because, theres somthing for everybody, even if i myself is not a fan of the weapon. I already have my first episode up, have a peek here i hope this and my future videos will help you out.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:48 am

I HAVE ONE. it is (insert Zelda chest opening music here) dun dun dun dunnnnnn THE GARGOYLE HALBEARD. used much? a little but nowhere near as much as most weapons. viable? YOU BET! best times spent on this little beast. whats the catch? well it has the halberds trademark stumble but man 2H R2 is the backstabbers bane. your welcome for making your PVP a better place for you and for all the generic builds ^_^
    CephGabriel
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:26 pm

Oh bugger! Well I guess it is faith to our marvellous lord and master Nito isn't it?

Thanks Tking, I'll subscribe.

Gargoyle Halverd? I've already defeated the Gargoyles and got a tail axe off them. Have I missed it?
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:33 pm

There will be two more gargoyles for you to kill later on and i think Shiva of the East sells that halberd.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:40 pm

If you kill all four Gargoyles, you are guaranteed to get all their items. Anything that hasn't dropped from the first 3 will drop on the last one.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:55 pm

The guy above me is right, you can't fail to get all the gargoyle items in one playthrough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:42 am