Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Glutebrah
JaffaCakes
The Letter X
User1
8 posters

Parry Animation Ideas?

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Parry Animation Ideas? Empty Parry Animation Ideas?

Post by User1 Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 am

The only one I can think of is with a Parrying Dagger and a Rapier, you stab the guy in the head with the dagger, and then through the throat with the Rapier. Sickening stuff, I know, I just want to know if anyone can think of better ones for different weps.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Parry Animation Ideas? Empty Re: Parry Animation Ideas?

Post by The Letter X Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 am

Well I really like the Hollow Thieves' parry animations. It'd be cool climbing on someone's back after you deflect their attack to slit their throat.

I also think katanas should have different riposte animations, but I can't think of any ideas for them right now.
    JaffaCakes
    JaffaCakes

Post by JaffaCakes Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 pm

For Great Scythe/ Lifehunt, you do a swing round of the weapon and pull them in, by stabbing them in the back, causing them to fall to the side of you. Kind of what Zasalamel can do in one of his moves in SCIV big grin
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:40 pm

stab them in the balls.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:59 pm

The Letter X wrote:Well I really like the Hollow Thieves' parry animations. It'd be cool climbing on someone's back after you deflect their attack to slit their throat.
    Dido.

Also, choke someone with a whip as a backstab animation. (Yes, I know it's off topic.)

Maybe he could quickly knee the oponent in the groin and then wrap it around the neck to choke the opponent for the riposite.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 pm

A katana riposte could be the opposite of the samurai suicide (the name eludes me right now) but you stab the person in their abdomen, and slice the blade out, brutal and would make more sense than driving someone into the ground so much that your blade merges with the ground.

EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:49 pm

For halberds and spears, I want to pull a Ornstein and impale my opponent with a riposte, and maybe lift them a bit into the air. That would be amazing!
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Honestly these animation are so unbelievably brutal I'd have to petition to have ripostes just be OHKO at all times.

Impalment? Removal of the guts through imposed Seppuku(Fun Fact, in Japan one who is without honor is said to have "Black guts" The act of literally spilling one's insides is to show the world "look at these guts, they are not black" Hence why ritual suicide is seen as a way to die while perserving ones honor)

Throat slitting?

To be fair I always kinda wanted curved swords to be able to hamstring (parry step through slice that leg, with a clockwise spin) But I've always had a soft spot for hamstringing people.

Last edited by Jansports on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell shit captian)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:39 am