Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Henkyona
Slarg232
Rifter7
Digitalyzed
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
Yarxov
Reaperfan
Carphil
dancash1808
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Saturday-Saint
User1
Hatsune Miku
Quarik
Artoriasflagg
Wade_Wilson
Marino.
22 posters

Brony Thread

GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Brony Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Brony Thread

Post by GrinTwist Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:49 am

Nice build, too bad that it probably isn't possible to make a build for Pinkie Pie.

It would be epic to see mane 6 slowly walking through Lordran cutting down any undead, demon or darkwraith that gets in their way. Y'know with friendship.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:00 am

GrinTwist wrote:Nice build, too bad that it probably isn't possible to make a build for Pinkie Pie.

It would be epic to see mane 6 slowly walking through Lordran cutting down any undead, demon or darkwraith that gets in their way. Y'know with friendship.

Pinkie Pie would be tracers and Adventurer set.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:15 am

Quarik wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:Nice build, too bad that it probably isn't possible to make a build for Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie Pie would be tracers and Adventurer set.

Don't forget she would probably use prism stones as soon as she invades. silly

I meant that you wouldn't be able to get armor that resembles her that well, because none of the armor sets (that I'm aware of) are pink. However, your right I could see a Dark Souls version of Pinkie Pie wearing and using those items.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 am

Nice builds, Soris.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Gilda is best pone
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:52 pm

Talk about making an impact. Only in one episode and already vying for "best pone" title. silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:02 pm

https://i.imgur.com/Q9b1YUK.png

I was a bit curious to see what exactly the Bronies think of this man and his situation.

As an outsider I don't really want to say anything or give a view on it, I'm just curious how you guys feel about the idea of someone sending this message to another person in all seriousness.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Tolvo, if that story is actually serious, as you said, I think that man is doing something completely different, but if he really is in love with Twilight Sparkle, so be it. A plushie can be anyone's friend, and if he wants to marry it, well, I don't see why you would be attracted to a plushie, or some fanart which I always find disgusting, but if that's his true thoughts, and he's not hurting anyone, it's fine by me. And to find a place like that which lets you marry a plushie must be very hard, I hope this man finds some kind of salvation in this relationship of theirs.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:31 pm

Does it mark me as jaded and cynical that I instantly think that that is a troll message tolvo? something about it just seems ... off.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Okay I said I'd try so here
    Pinkie Pie
    Rainbow Dash
    Rarity
    Applejack
    Twilight
    I tried pitting abilities with physical build and perhaps a bit of personality from what I've seen so far. Out of all of them Raindow Dash and Pinkie were the hardest to try. What do you think?

Edit: Ugh! I forgot to put humanity on them all! Makes sense to since they are about friendship and humanity is a key part of that.

Last edited by Soris Ice Goldwing on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:19 pm

Tolvo wrote:https://i.imgur.com/Q9b1YUK.png

I was a bit curious to see what exactly the Bronies think of this man and his situation.

As an outsider I don't really want to say anything or give a view on it, I'm just curious how you guys feel about the idea of someone sending this message to another person in all seriousness.

I see two scenarios. The first is that it is genuine and this person genuinely feels this way. It hints at some pretty deep problems in their psyche about their ability to separate reality and fantasy, but other than that they seem well composed and sincere.

The second is that this is an incredibly well-crafted troll message.

If I were the original recipient, I would likely respond as if it were the former, telling him that no matter how much he debates the point in the middle of his letter, it's not normal human behavior to take a connection with a fictional character that far and that whether he believes he needs it or not he should schedule at least a basic appointment with a therapist. Maybe incentivize him to do so by offering to do what he says or not based on the results of the professional analysis. Ultimately though, I don't think I would change too much just for this guy.

We all have our...quirks, and if the letter-writer wants his relationship to be free from the world of cloppers, he'll need to go about it a different way. His partner of choice is very well known, especially on the internet, and while it's silly to cite "the rules of the internet" as genuine, Rule 34 is a longstanding and well-established branch of the creative online community that predates his relationship. Trying to stop someone from Rule 34'ing Twilight is akin to stopping the paparazzi from following celebrities. As long as the subject-in-question has the attention of the masses, there will not cease to exist both positive and negative attention to them, and going into the relationship in the first place, you should have steeled yourself for dealing with the negative side of that attention already.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:32 pm

Hah, what an autist. Shame people like him bring an even worse image to the fandom as a whole.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:50 pm

This actually might seem a bit sick to me on his part, but it actually depends on something that I have no knowledge on.

Is Twilight in the show Portrayed as being under, or over age? Is she supposed to be innocent and young, or is she supposed to be an adult?

Being a Pony I assume she is supposed to be something like a teenager or younger. Which fantasizing about a horse is a bit strange to me, I would consider it far more unhealthy and possibly dangerous if it also enters the area of him sexually being interested in someone who is childlike.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:51 pm

What is an 'autist'?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:52 pm

It means Autistic.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Well, I take an offense to that. See my childhood story thread for more details.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Yeah I'm not a fan of people using the term autistic as an insult.

However, Wade might not be using it in that manner. This is a man with possibly deep social issues, and autistic people struggle often with social interaction. They can overcome these problems of course, but it's still something they frequently struggle with.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:

Hah, what an autist. Shame people like him bring an even worse image to the fandom as a whole.

I explain that one to Tolvo .
    "Autist" is the new foul word you can throw around willy-nilly .

But Wade, why does it worsen the image of the fandom ?
    This isn't /mlp/ where you have to explain nothing .

Anyway .
    I know of something simliar to this .
    A few Years ago in Japan a Man actually married a Computer Character !
    It's "Personality" was transfered on some kind of Robot and could reply to things you say to it .
    People like that actually exist so there is a very slight chance that this might be legit .

But there is no way i could take this seriously at all and i'm laughing at this right now .

What do you think about this Tolvo ?
    Loving fictional Characters ?

Last edited by Marino. on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Tolvo wrote:This actually might seem a bit sick to me on his part, but it actually depends on something that I have no knowledge on.

Is Twilight in the show Portrayed as being under, or over age? Is she supposed to be innocent and young, or is she supposed to be an adult?

Being a Pony I assume she is supposed to be something like a teenager or younger. Which fantasizing about a horse is a bit strange to me, I would consider it far more unhealthy and possibly dangerous if it also enters the area of him sexually being interested in someone who is childlike.

Most people put the ages of the Mane 6 (at least in terms of maturity) somewhere in the early 20's. Old enough to be out on their own, but young enough to still have problems understanding the world. Nothing is ever explicitly said though, with the only hint being dropped as to any of their actual ages being a line where Fluttershy states she's one year older than Pinkie Pie, and that still doesn't tell us much.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Tolvo wrote:Yeah I'm not a fan of people using the term autistic as an insult.

However, Wade might not be using it in that manner. This is a man with possibly deep social issues, and autistic people struggle often with social interaction. They can overcome these problems of course, but it's still something they frequently struggle with.
    I don't think you've seen it, but in my Childhood Story thread, I mentioned I am Autistic. Do I deserve to be insulted for something genetic, Wade?

Edit: You are completely correct. I struggled a ton in High School. I had simply had enough by 15.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Tolvo wrote:

Lauren Faust, the creator of the Show stated that they are Young Adults with the mindset of 12-18 Year olds to be relateable .
    Her actual Age is unknown .

She is by no means "childlike" .
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:Yeah I'm not a fan of people using the term autistic as an insult.

I don't think you've seen it, but in my Childhood Story thread, I mentioned I am Autistic. Do I deserve to be insulted for something genetic, Wade?

Edit: You are completely correct. I struggled a ton in High School. I had simply had enough by 15.

Wade goes a lot to 4chan where "Autistic" is the new "Ga y" . A word you can throw around at will and noone will say anything about it .

Wade doesn't want to be offensive towards you, he just does what the other "cool kids" on 4chan do .
    He's just careless

Last edited by Marino. on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Yeah, well in that case, 4chan can f**k off.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm

I actually know that story Marino, it was of Miku. Some sort of fictional pop star anime girl that sings with a synthetic voice. People across the world grew furious with him marrying "Their Miku" actually and he got threats.

Well if she isn't explicitly a child it isn't as bad in my eyes on the level of being a possible danger to other people. I still do think however he may be a hurting himself emotionally. It's one of those things that just seems like an absurd step into partnership. He can if he wants to marry a fictional character, however I hope he never expects anyone to treat it like a real marriage. Taxes, etc. As well it would be concerning for him to adopt a child and raise a child while telling his son/daughter that a fictional pony is their mother. The possibilities are a bit strange. I imagine though he would go with a fictional pony child or something along those lines though.

It's very strange and a bit disgusting to me. That's not to say I think it isn't right for him to have a love like that. I think you can understand though if I consider the whole thing quite strange and unhealthy for him to go through with.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:06 pm

I personally didn't know what to make of it either, when I first read it. But, when I read through it a second time, I thought about those things. What will be the point in the marriage? Will anyone do anything about it as they would a normal marriage? And other things along those lines.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:17 pm