Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
ViralEnsign_
Sentiel
Nightmare Moon
Aznul
Carphil
Sloth9230
barrywilkins
GenericUsername
Forum Pirate
Soris Ice Goldwing
Tolvo
Onion Knight
ChizFreak
reim0027
GrinTwist
Peaceful Wollyhop
Juutas
The Letter X
cloudyeki
Samurainova
24 posters

Gankers. Yay or Nay?

Poll

Do you dislike gankers?

[ 16 ]
    Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_lcap33%Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_lcap8%Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_lcap13%Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_lcap8%Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_lcap15%Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_lcap13%Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_lcap10%Gankers. Yay or Nay? I_vote_rcap [10%] 

Total Votes: 48
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Gankers. Yay or Nay? Empty Gankers. Yay or Nay?

Post by Samurainova Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Hey guys, i was just wondering how you guys percieve gankers. Do you loathe their very existence? Do you enjoy trolling them? Do you feel sorry for them? Or is it a love hate relationship. Please tell me what you think below happy
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Gankers. Yay or Nay? Empty Re: Gankers. Yay or Nay?

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Let's just stop and say we did.

This sort of thread pops up atleast once a month, and it usually ends with a mod coming in to break up a would be flame war. If you need proof, do a lil surfing and look in all the locked threads in this and the Pvp section.

Gankers, honor, fair play, and anything of the sort will usually end badly.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:04 pm

I don't mind gankers under most circumstances. I won't care if I spawn and the host casts TWoP while his two phantoms either spam me with the Gold Tracer or try to hornet BS me. I just assume that they're a group of friends that have completed the game that just want to do something else together.

Now when they send me hatemail, my perspective changes. If they tell me something along the lines of how I suck at the game or have no skill, it makes me think of them as the lowest of the low. If you have to gang up on me at a SL probably 6-7 times my own while healing yourself and 2 phantoms, then I think you're the one that needs to get more skill. I normally don't respond to gankers' hatemail, but it's weird that they even choose to send it.

I see gankers in a variety of ways: a way to get better, a way to have fun, and a way to mess around. I really don't care about gankers' business, I don't believe I have a right to say that they suck or insult them in some other way. I like to respect my enemies, but when it looks like a group of gankers feel high and mighty for beating someone, I automatically lose what little respect I had for them left.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Cowards.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:09 pm

The Letter X wrote:I don't mind gankers under most circumstances. I won't care if I spawn and the host casts TWoP while his two phantoms either spam me with the Gold Tracer or try to hornet BS me. I just assume that they're a group of friends that have completed the game that just want to do something else together.

Now when they send me hatemail, my perspective changes. If they tell me something along the lines of how I suck at the game or have no skill, it makes me think of them as the lowest of the low. If you have to gang up on me at a SL probably 6-7 times my own while healing yourself and 2 phantoms, then I think you're the one that needs to get more skill. I normally don't respond to gankers' hatemail, but it's weird that they even choose to send it.

I see gankers in a variety of ways: a way to get better, a way to have fun, and a way to mess around. I really don't care about gankers' business, I don't believe I have a right to say that they suck or insult them in some other way. I like to respect my enemies, but when it looks like a group of gankers feel high and mighty for beating someone, I automatically lose what little respect I had for them left.

Wow. Thank you so much for your opinion. You put a lot of effort into this im curious on what others have to say, thank you so much for your time and comment happy
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:10 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Let's just stop and say we did.

This sort of thread pops up atleast once a month, and it usually ends with a mod coming in to break up a would be flame war. If you need proof, do a lil surfing and look in all the locked threads in this and the Pvp section.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12265-trolololololo
    This is a good example of that. I remember making the thread right after I got griefed and was really annoyed. I only posted like 4 times in it and it got out of hand flame war style then it got locked.
    Good times
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 pm

I have a bit of a mixed opinion myself but I'm going to have to agree with Eki, it seems as though the subject of ganking is almost as controversial as debating religion.

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:22 pm

I voted 2v1 = cowardly practice. Except in the forest, where it is expected, can be reciprocated, and builds are designed for it. Then, I welcome gankers.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:27 pm

It IS a cowardly practice if you're just farming people, but still, it indeed makes me a better player (once I can handle 3 guys, I can handle better just 1).
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:05 pm

PVPsectioninanutshell.jpg
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm

I strongly dislike ganking. Removing the issue of morality, I find the existence of it to be entirely against what I consider to be an important aspect of the game. Challenge. When spawning into a world with a cast of Fire Tempest, an UGS Dead Angling, with TwoP active, there was no challenge for either party. It was just a pointless exchange. When one uses numbers to their advantage for easy kills they are not advancing their own skills while lowering their risks. One could argue, "It gives other people a challenge," but I don't find that fighting gankers advances any sort of skills aside from killing gankers. It also promotes being lazy as well as not having to rely on one's skill level. Far too often when taken away from their group dynamic, gankers are helpless and have a very poor understanding of PvP. Even stranger is that there are good amounts of them that don't even understand how to corner, flank, or cut off targets.

It ruins people, there are a few who are intelligent and skillfull, but at large when I find out someone is a ganker I instantly get the impression that they have a very poor grasp of the game.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm

If you're going to farm people do it yourself, if you have a good build it shouldn't be hard. 2v1 is cowardice unless it's the forest because you expect it. After time it doesn't bother me anymore to see this. They chain bs you, well that tells you a lot. Kill them then you have skill. Now for some reason I find it funny, perhaps because in some matches when I DO kill them one of them are likely to call me out as a hacker. Which leads me to tick them off to 1v1 me so I can kill them.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:40 pm

I would never gank. I victimise gankers.

I respect their right to play however they'd like within the rules of the game. I would miss them if they were gone.

Essentially, I'm fine with being ganked (as long as its not constant) but it does bother me somewhat that people less prepared than I have their experience ruined by it.

Its partly on the person being ganked as well, their attitude is their choice.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:05 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I would never gank. I victimise gankers.

I respect their right to play however they'd like within the rules of the game. I would miss them if they were gone.

Essentially, I'm fine with being ganked (as long as its not constant) but it does bother me somewhat that people less prepared than I have their experience ruined by it.

Its partly on the person being ganked as well, their attitude is their choice.

So its a bit of a love hate relationship? Very cool thanks for your input happy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:If you're going to farm people do it yourself, if you have a good build it shouldn't be hard. 2v1 is cowardice unless it's the forest because you expect it. After time it doesn't bother me anymore to see this. They chain bs you, well that tells you a lot. Kill them then you have skill. Now for some reason I find it funny, perhaps because in some matches when I DO kill them one of them are likely to call me out as a hacker. Which leads me to tick them off to 1v1 me so I can kill them.

Very interesting with very well done points, but i havent seen chainstabbing is a really long time. i didnt know it was still possible, but thanks for your input soris its much appreciated happy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:07 pm

Tolvo wrote:I strongly dislike ganking. Removing the issue of morality, I find the existence of it to be entirely against what I consider to be an important aspect of the game. Challenge. When spawning into a world with a cast of Fire Tempest, an UGS Dead Angling, with TwoP active, there was no challenge for either party. It was just a pointless exchange. When one uses numbers to their advantage for easy kills they are not advancing their own skills while lowering their risks. One could argue, "It gives other people a challenge," but I don't find that fighting gankers advances any sort of skills aside from killing gankers. It also promotes being lazy as well as not having to rely on one's skill level. Far too often when taken away from their group dynamic, gankers are helpless and have a very poor understanding of PvP. Even stranger is that there are good amounts of them that don't even understand how to corner, flank, or cut off targets.

It ruins people, there are a few who are intelligent and skillfull, but at large when I find out someone is a ganker I instantly get the impression that they have a very poor grasp of the game.

Im sure many people feel the same. thanks you so much for your effort in explaining your reasoning and opinion. I really appreciate it happy
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:09 pm

GrinTwist wrote:

I have a bit of a mixed opinion myself but I'm going to have to agree with Eki, it seems as though the subject of ganking is almost as controversial as debating religion.

Well it is an old subject but i would like to see what old and new forum peeps think happy
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:17 pm

If it's in the forest, no problem with it. Anywhere else is a no-no for me though.

Just recently I got summoned in the forest expecting it to be someone who just wanted a third phantom, but when I got there it was just the host being gang banged by two invaders, one using dark magic and the other with miracles. I ran in to give the host a break and help however I could. The forest is considered the no rules area and im sure many people know this so I really don't think they can complain much about that.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:17 pm

i enjoy me some ganking fights on either end. ill throw myself into the forest on my darkwraiths for the sheer thrill of fighting 2-3 people at once. its a great way to fight, knowing the odds can change in their favor or yours when a forest hunter shows up.

If my friends feel up to it, ill join em in the forest as a white. I mostly let my friend do the forest hunter killing while i run around in chameleon or admiring the dark hands black hole. I don't feel like my friends really need my help most of the time, but im there if they need it (or maybe i just like watching my friend die a painful death, kinda depends on my mood) the great thing about the forest is that its a great place to practice fighting multiple opponents, and also a great hosting spot where you can get the most chaotic and thrilling fights of all.

It feels like what the gravelord covenants intended purpose was: to throw yourself to the wolves and to come out on top.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:18 pm

This is all I have to say to them Well What is it
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:This is all I have to say to them Well What is it

Lol big grin
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:26 pm

GenericUsername wrote:If it's in the forest, no problem with it. Anywhere else is a no-no for me though.

Just recently I got summoned in the forest expecting it to be someone who just wanted a third phantom, but when I got there it was just the host being gang banged by two invaders, one using dark magic and the other with miracles. I ran in to give the host a break and help however I could. The forest is considered the no rules area and im sure many people know this so I really don't think they can complain much about that.
    But, you don't know what happened there before you spawned. That host may have had a phantom that was jumping one of the catbros. The phantom may have been killed and not the catbros are seeking revenge. In fact, that is all too common (happens to me a lot).
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 pm

I dislike that they kind of impact PVP though. I kept putting down my RSS in the Kiln the other day, and I got summoned by nothing but gankers. Eventually I got annoyed and just equipped the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring and TCC so I could 1-shot them.

Honestly, I can't be the only one who hesitates to put down an RSS because of gankers. I feel like more people would put them down if it wasn't for them.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I dislike that they kind of impact PVP though. I kept putting down my RSS in the Kiln the other day, and I got summoned by nothing but gankers. Eventually I got annoyed and just equipped the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring and TCC so I could 1-shot them.

Honestly, I can't be the only one who hesitates to put down an RSS because of gankers. I feel like more people would put them down if it wasn't for them.

I hesitate laying down an RSS completely just because the host can see what i have and change their equipment accordingly. So yeah I am not an RSS fan.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:34 pm

Gankers are the reason I use invasions to try and find duels, because I sure can't seem to get a single arena match.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:03 am