Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Sentiel
Tolvo
6 posters

Co-Op/PvP Build Suggestions

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Co-Op/PvP Build Suggestions Empty Co-Op/PvP Build Suggestions

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:04 pm

Now before anyone sees this build, know that my intent is to do Co-Op in roughly the level 15 zone. While normally playing I will be using a Magic Rapier +5, though I will switch it out for a lightning or chaos one if an invader comes. My hope was to make a build which can nuke bosses fairly well if I end up on NG+ with a low level host, deal with invaders if they are overly geared, and also just show the host around a level. Of course if in upper Btown I will be ready to switch out the Dragoncrest ring for the Rusted Iron. With the Dark Sorcery, I'll be using it sparingly such as if I see my host in a pinch which requires me to quickly kill an enemy unless they'll die, I'll nuke it quickly. As well if my host knows what they are doing and seems to just be playing on a new toon I won't take my time with bosses and instead kill it as quickly as possible.

The Dark Orb I'm unsure of, Great Soul Arrow is another thing which I would consider or just normal soul arrow so I could use it on enemies from time to time.

Of course I also was shooting for the 53 break point for Greatswords, if I remember correctly that's where it was at.

Any suggestions for say a level 15 toon like this? What to put my points in, if I should just go all vit, spell suggestions. Anything along those lines.

http://mmdks.com/rjx
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Co-Op/PvP Build Suggestions Empty Re: Co-Op/PvP Build Suggestions

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 pm

If I were you, I would use this.
    http://mmdks.com/rkf

It looks like your average starting Sorcerer, so many invaders will have their guard down.

You can spam the Great Soul Arrow on mobs, or the invader to make him lower his guard even more (it actually packs a punch on this SL) and Great Heavy Soul Arrows on bosses.

I would keep DB ready on NG+ bosses and invaders only. If the host f*cks up I say let him die and learn his lesson, the game revolves around that more, or less.

I dislike using Rapier weapons in PvE, so I use Shortsword instead + the invader will know that bs from that won't kill him and is likely to get careless, which is easy to punich with ohko by Chaos Rapier.

What say thou?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Hmm, I'd consider it though I think I'll be sticking with the rapier. As well I'd like to keep a bow on hand for killing enemies that I can't target with my spells at a long range, such as the dart throwers.

After getting some more feedback I'll sort of take what I like from the builds then perhaps mix them into a finished product.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:07 pm

I'm interested in the result of your work Tolvo, do let me know. ^^
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:35 am

-Have you thought about Strong Magic Shield? A lot of griefers use dark magic around that soul level. You already have 16 int, sooooo why not? lol
    -Besides, there is nothing more satisfying than watching someone with elf ears, spamming dark bead, with an oolacile ivory catalyst come running at you bawlz out, only to wet themselves when you run at them bawlz out with your "blue" shield tanking eveyrthing like a champ. :affraid:
    -Its soooo gratifying man. It doesn't last that long, but it lasts long enough. I think SMS is underrated, especially since the dlc.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am

Animaaal wrote:-Have you thought about Strong Magic Shield? A lot of griefers use dark magic around that soul level. You already have 16 int, sooooo why not? lol
    -Besides, there is nothing more satisfying than watching someone with elf ears, spamming dark bead, with an oolacile ivory catalyst come running at you bawlz out, only to wet themselves when you run at them bawlz out with your "blue" shield tanking eveyrthing like a champ. :affraid:
    -Its soooo gratifying man. It doesn't last that long, but it lasts long enough. I think SMS is underrated, especially since the dlc.
    Magic Shield (both actually) last like 10-15 seconds I think.
    Then you're dead.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:23 pm

i was thinking about either makes a sl 30 faith or int build(with heal) to coop in the depths and btown. i would do something like this http://mmdks.com/t8c dark bead and chameleon is for invaders, i like to ohko them since theyre all twinks who are there to kill the boss *** fast as they can.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:-Have you thought about Strong Magic Shield? A lot of griefers use dark magic around that soul level. You already have 16 int, sooooo why not? lol
    Magic Shield (both actually) last like 10-15 seconds I think.
    Then you're dead.
    Check out this vid sunbro brought up in another thread:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E09YHHOGqho
    Sunbro also metioned using the Lingering Dragon Crest Ring with it. I dont feel its necessary, but if the 15 secs isnt enough time for you personally, then it could be an option.
    Setting it up is also quite easy. HCSM, a bs, riptose all give ample time to cast SMS.
    I LOVE using it. It blocks pyro, magic, ele weps....15 secs is really the only draw back. Its a pretty even trade imo.
    ***Magic Shield isnt worth it imo though.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:35 pm

There's something else I thought about regarding SMS and low level co-op.

We've all seen the low level invaders with dark bead right? We've all figured out how to roll through or defend against it right? Well, our host might not have.

I've saved the lives of dozens of hosts simply by having SMS on and tanking the spells. Sure I might be able to roll through them, but my host might be new to the game, and rolling through it leaves them exposed...

...just a thought. SMS does have practical uses in pve though.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Damn, this looks good :3

One thing though: The chaos bow would actually do more damage(even in pure physical) than a +15 at this level of str/dex.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Just to get things out of the way, DB is not an offensive powerhouse spell with the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst. Obviously the crown and ring are going to help in that regard, but the ones that one shot you in the township have more than 44 Int and usually the TCC. I recommend the Great Soul Arrow, not in place of DB but alongside it, as it gets lots of casts and deals good damage. It might be better to mid roll actually, sturdiness and survivability are usually better qualities for a co-op toon than being fast and dodgy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:44 pm