Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Forum Pirate
Nybbles
Sentiel
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
10 posters

Using GLGS Dance as a sorcery AoE

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

GLGS Dance - Using GLGS Dance as a sorcery AoE - Page 2 Empty Re: Using GLGS Dance as a sorcery AoE

Post by Nybbles Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:06 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    Nybbles wrote:really? GLGSD can out damage firetempest? i might have to think about having my moonlight build (50INT, MLGS and MLBH) join the Servants.

does anyone know if dexterity affects the casting speed of GLGSD?

I've heard that it doesn't, but who knows. Either way I wouldn't spend Dex points on a pure mage just for some speed, unless I want to use a Dex/Int pyro sorcery hybrid.

good point
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

GLGS Dance - Using GLGS Dance as a sorcery AoE - Page 2 Empty Re: Using GLGS Dance as a sorcery AoE

Post by Nybbles Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27 pm

Sentiel wrote:I vote for Fire Tempest because if you have an Int caster with Bellowing and Crown of Dusk, both will boost Tempest's damage, while if you use GLGSD it gets boost only from Crown, not the ring.
    Also, you can use other Pyromancies without need to invest points into specific stat, while you would need to invest points into Faith to use other Miracles beside GLGSD.

i don't think there are that many miracles other than WoG or GMB that are terribly good and that sort of FTH investment on an INT build is not worthwhile. if you have enough faith to use those miracles, wouldn't the canvas talisman be better than velka's? even at 50 INT? i would almost say that velka's only real use is for INT builds to be able to use GLGSD.

investing in Pyromancies does offer more versatility though. so there's that to consider as well.
    abmoner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by abmoner Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm a gl+3 with 30 fth and tempest out damages glgs by a lot.

I was testing this against the burg hollows.

But I can test more with people if needed. I was pissed 75 eyes and I wanted that extra boost.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:26 pm

abmoner wrote:I'm a gl+3 with 30 fth and tempest out damages glgs by a lot.

I was testing this against the burg hollows.

But I can test more with people if needed. I was pissed 75 eyes and I wanted that extra boost.

How about some numbers? Using the ring and crown?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:40 pm

the hollows are extremely weak to fire... also 30 aint enough faith to compete with a maxed pyro hand with 230 mag adjust, a dark moon tali gets 226 at 50 faith, that with the appropriate boosters can make damage climb into the 1200's or more
    abmoner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by abmoner Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:16 am

My 30 fth was for other reasons I didn't know it scaled since it has no fth req.

But like I said I'm open to more testing.

I kind of gave up on it because after I went from +2 to +3 I didn't see big differences
    abmoner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by abmoner Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:20 am

I tried the ring but not the crown. Would never use the crown so I don't care about it.

Only added about 100 damage

I think it was like 525 DMG with glgs

And like 800 DMG with tempest.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:01 pm

which talisman are you using? also glgsd can scale with faith or int depending on which talisman your using (all normal talismans for faith, velka's talisman for int scaling), any way this is exactly why i say pyro is imbalanced, all you need are 2-4 points in attunement and you have a really powerful form of casting at your finger tips. where as for miracles you must have 40 to 50 faith to reach an equivalent level of power.
    abmoner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by abmoner Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Canvas
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:12 pm

hmm well that is the best talisman for 30 faith, oh well, someone here tested the glgsd damage and posted results... i can't remember the thread name though...
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Ok tested GLGS Dance at covenant rank +3 with the 45 Dex / 50 Faith with no rings nor crown on the Burg bridge hollows:

691 damage. Casting speed around 3 seconds.

Fire Tempest without rings nor crown, at 230 mag adj, same hollows:

807 damage. Casting speed around 2.30 seconds with 45 Dex.

At 16 Dex:

Fire Tempest: speed around 3 seconds

GLGS Dance: speed around 3 seconds, same speed as 45 Dex.

So Fire Tempest seems like the better option, also has more AoE. Meh, GLGS Dance looks badass.
    abmoner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by abmoner Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 pm

If the hollow are weak to fire though we should test on PvP people just to be sure
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:34 pm

I remember that the cast time is faster, but it is nothing life saving. In PVP you should still be very cautious with the cast. I have noticed that my target is less likely to roll through the spell than with fire tempest which definitely makes it a viable option.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:49 am