Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Forum Pirate
ChizFreak
aceluby
Carphil
nsane32
Hylian
befowler
JY4answer
theGentleman
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Yarxov
Teh_hapy_octopus
lextune
17 posters

Darkmoon invasions and "sinning"

lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Darkmoon invasions and "sinning" - Page 2 Empty Re: Darkmoon invasions and "sinning"

Post by lextune Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:17 pm

I signed off now, but it seems pretty easy to figure out.

Take your lv120 and go to the Burg. If you invade people in starting gear and they die after losing only about 600 hp or so, you have your answer.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Darkmoon invasions and "sinning" - Page 2 Empty Re: Darkmoon invasions and "sinning"

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:39 pm

masterofcheese wrote:With all the buggy systems in this game it's hard to fathom that you got invaded by a someone greatly out leveling you. I have invaded as red and blue, DW DM or ForCov, and had some pretty crazy rewards from all 3. The other night I was in the ForCov, invaded some guy, he died before I got to him and i recieved 606k souls, though I don't thinki there is a level restriction for ForCov. I was 53 at the time, the calculator says he was SL 613. Thats over 550SL's difference lol. I have had the same happen as a DW in the Forest and once in Kiln. I have even seen over 350k with the BlueEye in Parish. So he may have been level 62 or higher and the game had poor selection at that moment. Which sucks, but I think sometimes the forumals get a little buggy and just do w/e they want. Perhaps they missed a check in the code /shrug

Anyways. It is true you can be under level 30 and have WoG. So he may have just lied and told you 62 so you didn't assume he was a twink/griefer. low level WoG spam is effective because most new player won't expect it, or know how to counter it. Thus making a low level WoG spammer is a great way to Farm noobs for these guys. Still don't see the allure myself, not very satisfying to spam a confused player. W/E floats their boats i guess.

Forest Covenant has no level restrictions, that it's 100% confirmed by a lot of people. You can invade people from 1-713 using the cat covenant ring. That's why there's a lot of people who farm other players in there. They just go with a high level character and kill the low level invaders for souls.
    masterofcheese

Post by masterofcheese Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:36 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    masterofcheese wrote:With all the buggy systems in this game it's hard to fathom that you got invaded by a someone greatly out leveling you. I have invaded as red and blue, DW DM or ForCov, and had some pretty crazy rewards from all 3. The other night I was in the ForCov, invaded some guy, he died before I got to him and i recieved 606k souls, though I don't thinki there is a level restriction for ForCov. I was 53 at the time, the calculator says he was SL 613. Thats over 550SL's difference lol. I have had the same happen as a DW in the Forest and once in Kiln. I have even seen over 350k with the BlueEye in Parish. So he may have been level 62 or higher and the game had poor selection at that moment. Which sucks, but I think sometimes the forumals get a little buggy and just do w/e they want. Perhaps they missed a check in the code /shrug

Anyways. It is true you can be under level 30 and have WoG. So he may have just lied and told you 62 so you didn't assume he was a twink/griefer. low level WoG spam is effective because most new player won't expect it, or know how to counter it. Thus making a low level WoG spammer is a great way to Farm noobs for these guys. Still don't see the allure myself, not very satisfying to spam a confused player. W/E floats their boats i guess.

Forest Covenant has no level restrictions, that it's 100% confirmed by a lot of people. You can invade people from 1-713 using the cat covenant ring. That's why there's a lot of people who farm other players in there. They just go with a high level character and kill the low level invaders for souls.

Yeah not even sure why i mentioned that part. The real kicker in there was that It has also happened to me as DW and DM. I'm quite sure I'm not the only person to have this happen as I have seen other posts on the subject multiple times. Which leads me to believe that in some cases the system gets herpderp and screws you over. Unless the dude dies and you rake in the massive profits. It doesn't happen often in the Kiln since most players are rockin SL120ish builds so there is more options for the system to choose from, but every so often... /derp
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:55 am

JY4answer wrote:Sinning might be tied to PSN / gamertag instead of characters.
    this is the answer ppl

The book of guilty only lists your PSN tag and not your characters name and you get invaded like that, becouse every character shares your PSN.

Ive read something like that some days ago.. a guy testet the "sin" mechanics and he could absolve sins on a character who only killed hollows/demons on his way to the church
    theGentleman
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by theGentleman Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:23 am

I am going to voice support for the theory that Darkmoons can invade any level in any direction. The Wiki has been misinformed before and I was invaded in the Burg multiple times by Darkmoons 60+ levels more than me.
    Short of setting up two systems and TV's right next to each other and letting everybody on the forum watch, I believe the amount of people claiming that they have corresponded with other players stating they are levels at an extreme disparity from the host is suitable enough evidence.
    Denying this claim is insinuating that either everybody on the forum reporting significantly higher level invasions is a liar or that all Darkmoons who admit their level are liars.
    Neither of which fits into any model of reason.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:16 pm

theGentleman wrote:I am going to voice support for the theory that Darkmoons can invade any level in any direction. The Wiki has been misinformed before and I was invaded in the Burg multiple times by Darkmoons 60+ levels more than me.
    Short of setting up two systems and TV's right next to each other and letting everybody on the forum watch, I believe the amount of people claiming that they have corresponded with other players stating they are levels at an extreme disparity from the host is suitable enough evidence.
    Denying this claim is insinuating that either everybody on the forum reporting significantly higher level invasions is a liar or that all Darkmoons who admit their level are liars.
    Neither of which fits into any model of reason.

Some DMs could have lied, some hosts, could exaggerated (I've seen a lot of people who complains the got killed by a DM at Undead Burg and they say the guy who invaded them it's high level because of their equipment (BB Glitch)), there are no absolutes here.

That's why, as I said, until someone test this by invading the same guy, while being a Darkmoon, and raising up your lvl every try until you're unable to invade him anymore, we aren't sure.

It's called confirmation, we can't rely on random people's information or rumors (that's why when someone puts info in the wiki and people are not sure if it's true or not, we put Needs Confirmation). That's why if we see it's reported too often, someone confirms it by trying out themselves without outsider modifications.

It's not an easy thing to do because you don't know at all the people invading you because most of the time you get invaded by random people.

We need 2 people to test this.

I'm not going to say, "It's true, lets end with this", because that's not what I experienced in all of my playthroughs, the only time I been invaded by people who were A LOT higher level than me was in Dark Anor Londo or the Forest.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:49 pm

There is a lot of unsupported speculation out there about level invasion restrictions. The general consensus appears to be wrong about everything except, perhaps, the darkwraiths. Not to be hard on you ChizFreak, but your assumptions about the +/- 10% for darkmoons defy the experience of just about everyone here. I count myself in that group: I have been invaded at SL20-25 by a darkmoon wielding an MLGS and a dragonslayer spear. No matter how you cut it, that requires at least 50 points of stat investment from any starting class. It doesn't help that you apply a heightened evidentiary standard to everyone else but not yourself (your experience counts, but nothing anyone else says matters unless you see evidence under extremely controlled circumstances that are almost impossible given the way DkS matches players).

Now in regards to people saying that there is absolutely no cap for darkmoons, I'm not sure whether that is supported either. Just a few days ago, a fellow forum member (I can't remember the person) reported that their SL710 couldn't get invasions ANYWHERE with the blue orb. I strongly suspect that there is some sort of a very loose level restriction or at least a strong level preference, such as the greater of +/- SL50 or +/-30%. Then again, I'm not going to stick my neck out with an exact formula, because none of us have the data for that.

Regarding the forest, my SL 12 could not get invaded in the forest no matter how long I stayed there. Thus, there must be either a % number restriction or an absolute cap on who can get invaded in the forest. As a forest invader, I have also never received zero souls or an unusually small number of souls for killing an invader, so I doubt that there are absolutely no restriction in who can invade (some hosts use starting gear, but I think they're just being cute, as they still give me a healthy chunk of souls when they die).
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:53 pm

I think that you can invade people below you as a darkmoon, I have done so in places such as duke's, new londo, kiln etc. I checked this because i was interested, as it's been mentioned before.

I thought it was accepted that darkmoons could invade SLs below them, but the limit of SL difference was unknown?
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

strangejoy wrote:It doesn't help that you apply a heightened evidentiary standard to everyone else but not yourself (your experience counts, but nothing anyone else says matters unless you see evidence under extremely controlled circumstances that are almost impossible given the way DkS matches players).

^This.

....and I know what I know. Like many here I know that I have been invaded by darkmoons at a much higher level that me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:26 am