Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Magic vs Encahted on a INT/Dex Build

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Magic vs Encahted on a INT/Dex Build Empty Magic vs Encahted on a INT/Dex Build

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:49 am

I'm wondering which would be be stronger: A Magic Iaito or an Enchated Iaito?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=199879724191179985

According to mugen monkey, the Magic Iaito would be slightly stronger. Now then, at base damage the difference between the magic and physical damage is negligible. However, since Enchanted has better INT scaling, I'm thinking that it has a higher magic damage and would thus do better against an opponents defenses than the more evenly split AR of a Magic Iaito. Am I right or would the increased physical damage on the Magic one make up for it.

I also realize the +15 is better, with that much dex, so don't start with that silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Magic vs Encahted on a INT/Dex Build Empty Re: Magic vs Encahted on a INT/Dex Build

Post by RANT Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:11 am

with that much dex +15 will be better than both magic and enchanted.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Magic vs Encahted on a INT/Dex Build Empty Re: Magic vs Encahted on a INT/Dex Build

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:12 am

In my own experimenting I've found that if my DEX is even within 10 or so levels of my INT, then I tend to do better damage with magic than enchanted on average. If you're going with the blue upgrade path for damage through shields then I'd say go enchanted then. The increased magic damage with that path I think would favor that more.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:16 am

RantFromRant wrote:with that much dex +15 will be better than both magic and enchanted.
    Magic vs Encahted on a INT/Dex Build Blackm21

PlasticandRage wrote:In my own experimenting I've found that if my DEX is even within 10 or so levels of my INT, then I tend to do better damage with magic than enchanted on average. If you're going with the blue upgrade path for damage through shields then I'd say go enchanted then. The increased magic damage with that path I think would favor that more.

H'mmm, alright. I plan to create test for myself for myself, but thanks for the feedback happy
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:20 am

Never hurts to go +9 and 4 and just see what you like better. Blue chunks are so easy to farm anyway. My very first INT build actually used a Magic Iaito too.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:28 am

It's a shame that the magic ember is such a pain to get to. I already have a +5 Enchanted Iato though, so I'll have to wait till the next play-through to make the magic one.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:53 am

The bigger the difference between split AR the more damage it does. It's similar to chaos vs fire, chaos is stronger because it has much more fire AR than physical AR. So in this case enchanted should be stronger, but I've found that the damage difference between divine and occult is almost none so I could be wrong.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 am