Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Spurgun
Automancer
Rifter7
xenon_nobelium
lalliman
ThatPerson
LeftoverPie2
WyrmHero
IV_Mark_VI
Reaperfan
Ashran
GrinTwist
Forum Pirate
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Henkyona
19 posters

Silver Knight weapons viable for pvp?

Henkyona
    Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

Silver Knight weapons viable for pvp? Empty Silver Knight weapons viable for pvp?

Post by Henkyona Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 am

I was going to get Dark souls(Xbox 360) back and was wondering if the Silver Knight weapons are good for both PvE and PvP I have never used them.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Silver Knight weapons viable for pvp? Empty Re: Silver Knight weapons viable for pvp?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:03 am

I like them. Plus, they look stylish as fuuu.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Silver Knight weapons viable for pvp? Empty Re: Silver Knight weapons viable for pvp?

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:10 am

Yes, the spear more so than the sword but both work well.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:12 am

I've used the sword quite a bit in PVP and it does work very well against other players. The same goes for the Silver Knight Spear as well but I prefer swords over most other weapons.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:52 am

Im using the spear with my darkmoon blade and its awesome. Countless sinners have been pierced by my vengeful spear.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 am

In terms of PvE, they both do fine if you're using a Dex build. Solid weapons all around happy

In terms of PvP, it's about the same, but due to spears just as a weapon class being better in general for PvP than Straight Swords, the Spear sees more usage than the Sword.
    Henkyona
    Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Henkyona Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:23 am

Huh I was thinking of using both using the spear as my main weapon and the sword for the other right hand slot for a back up for closer ranges.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:07 am

Don't forget their bow! That weapon can be fun in PvP as well.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:21 am

And the shield is the most balanced one + it makes your build look classier.
    LeftoverPie2
    LeftoverPie2

Post by LeftoverPie2 Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:56 am

Both silver knight weapons are pretty awesome. Spears are easy mode in general, but the silver knight spear is literally the best unbuffed spear next to ornstein's. The silver knight sword also has a pretty sweet moveset and look to it and definitely packs a punch on a dex build, at +5 it has an identical AR to the balder side sword at +15 on my 24/45 character! The sword is a very nice weapon for "fair duels" and invasions alike. It looks great when you mix in regular moves with strong moves, one or two handed : )
    ThatPerson
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ThatPerson Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:55 am

I love the sword.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:57 pm

The silver knight sword is great at low level, because the base damage is enormous! At high dexterity you might prefer the balder swag sword, cause it has equal damage and can do thrust attacks. SKS looks 12x more awesome though.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:27 am

ok folks, i'l hijack this thread a little: let's discuss silknight sword vs. balders
    they both have the same AR @ 40dex but balders just seems to outperform silknights in every other aspect. more reach, lighter, less str req... now i was thinking, there must be SOME redeeming factor that makes using silknights justifiable (because of the stat req/scaling the direct competitor would be the chaos blade, but let's not go there). the only thing noteworthy was that it SEEMED to quickly break poise with its R2s when i tested it last night. so what are your thoughts/findings? anybody done some testing yet?
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:25 am

that sks is some top tier weaponry..
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:58 am

xenon_nobelium wrote:ok folks, i'l hijack this thread a little: let's discuss silknight sword vs. balders
    they both have the same AR @ 40dex but balders just seems to outperform silknights in every other aspect. more reach, lighter, less str req... now i was thinking, there must be SOME redeeming factor that makes using silknights justifiable (because of the stat req/scaling the direct competitor would be the chaos blade, but let's not go there). the only thing noteworthy was that it SEEMED to quickly break poise with its R2s when i tested it last night. so what are your thoughts/findings? anybody done some testing yet?

Guard breaks are way easier with the SK Sword's R2/strong attack. Counters and reach for the BSS. It's the movesets that sets them apart.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:01 am

Automancer wrote:
    xenon_nobelium wrote:ok folks, i'l hijack this thread a little: let's discuss silknight sword vs. balders

Guard breaks are way easier with the SK Sword's R2/strong attack. Counters and reach for the BSS. It's the movesets that sets them apart.

And you need a slab to get the most out of the BSS, while the Silver knight sword only needs twinkling titanite.
    That may not be important anymore, but if it's one of your first playthroughs then twinkling titanite is easier to come by than slabs.

Last edited by Spurgun on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:26 am

Yes, farming for slabs are a pain in the ***. I personally prefer the SKSword because i like to devastate people rather than quickly destroying them with the BSS's counters (even though i have a Leo build. -_-). The reach of the BSS is ridiculous. It's longer than a Pike with it's R2/strong attack that it's not even funny. (._. ")
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:53 am

ok let's pin it down: silverknight sword is a 16str/40dex weapon that weights 6.0 and obviously it's a sword. a quick look in our inventory shows us 2 more weapons that also are all that -> flamberge and the goddamn chaos blade. both do at least 60dmg more, chaos blade is just as quick and flamberge albeit slower has an awesome moveset and stunlocks 53poise easily. how do you justify picking the silverknight sword? of course there's the style aspect, and i do love me some underused stylish weapons, but silverknight sword is one of the few weapons i found that are so blatantly inferior to all compareable options that i ask myself if there's something i'm overlooking. maybe its R2s are just that good at breaking stability and poise, i hope to be able to test it in the future to get some exact numbers.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:05 am

xenon_nobelium wrote:ok let's pin it down: silverknight sword is a 16str/40dex weapon that weights 6.0 and obviously it's a sword. a quick look in our inventory shows us 2 more weapons that also are all that -> flamberge and the goddamn chaos blade. both do at least 60dmg more, chaos blade is just as quick and flamberge albeit slower has an awesome moveset and stunlocks 53poise easily. how do you justify picking the silverknight sword? of course there's the style aspect, and i do love me some underused stylish weapons, but silverknight sword is one of the few weapons i found that are so blatantly inferior to all compareable options that i ask myself if there's something i'm overlooking. maybe its R2s are just that good at breaking stability and poise, i hope to be able to test it in the future to get some exact numbers.

I kinda understand what you're getting at but you're comparing a straight sword to a katana and a greatsword based on their weight. The Chaos Blade is awesome but it's easy mode. Flamberge has an awesome R2/strong attack but it's a greatsword and guardbreaking and stunlocking with a GS is a no-brainer. The SKSword is justifiable for it's usage in it's weapon class. It's one of the only few SS that can actually guard break with relative ease.

Also, not everyone focuses on power and DPS. Some people simply want to challenge themselves. If you do want to compare the SKSword in it's class, compare it to the Darksword. Heck, that thing is way more underused that the former. But it's freaking stylish, weighs as much as the SKSword and it's sudden R2 catches aggressive players and guard breaks very well. Also, the Darksword's rolling thrust stuns. Literally.

What say you?! Silver Knight weapons viable for pvp? 3596227959
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:09 pm

you're right about all that, and i'm playing devils advocat in my previous posts. i just want to understand from softwares logic in balancing certain things. the darksword is among the 3strongest straightswords if you're on a quality build, but the silverknight sword is just lacking...i could settle down if it was just 10dmg more the weapon did, but as it is i don't even see it balanced in its own weapon category. =/
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:18 pm

If only the SKSword could either be buffed or even had Divine Aux, it would be able to keep up with the others. It's 'similar' to the Mail Breaker in the Piercing Swords class. That thing just sucks.
    DarkSolus

Post by DarkSolus Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:06 am

xenon_nobelium wrote:ok let's pin it down: silverknight sword is a 16str/40dex weapon that weights 6.0 and obviously it's a sword. a quick look in our inventory shows us 2 more weapons that also are all that -> flamberge and the goddamn chaos blade. both do at least 60dmg more, chaos blade is just as quick and flamberge albeit slower has an awesome moveset and stunlocks 53poise easily. how do you justify picking the silverknight sword? of course there's the style aspect, and i do love me some underused stylish weapons, but silverknight sword is one of the few weapons i found that are so blatantly inferior to all compareable options that i ask myself if there's something i'm overlooking. maybe its R2s are just that good at breaking stability and poise, i hope to be able to test it in the future to get some exact numbers.

Silverknight sword has an AWESOME(especially against low-poise characters) 2h R2+R2 combo. It is fast, it does 700-800 damage on average and could be a match changer. The second hit can be also delayed "to lure" your opponent.

The SkS is also very good at guard-breaking.
    DarkSolus

Post by DarkSolus Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:10 am

Automancer wrote:If only the SKSword could either be buffed or even had Divine Aux, it would be able to keep up with the others. It's 'similar' to the Mail Breaker in the Piercing Swords class. That thing just sucks.

The SKS can be buffed.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:08 am

The Balder Side Sword is also faster and uses less stamina than the Silver Knight Sword.

I haven't played much with the SKS, but I'm starting to get pretty experienced with the BSS. I find the BSS is much, much better 1-handed than 2. I'm thinking the SKS might be a better 2-handed option.

(There's no need to even talk about the spear... it's a killer for PvP. Reach, speed, damage, plus the inherent ability to roll immediately after attacking that spears have make it very lethal.)
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:32 am

The spear is a bit too viable. It has a very safe range and respectable damage, to the extent that if you know what you're doing, using it will get you easy wins to the point of boredom.

The sword on the other hand, is pretty much par for the other straight swords. It has good damage for only investing into dex, and a rather unique moveset that allows for interesting mixups with r2's. It's also a bit longer than the other straight swords. You don't see it often, but it's an underrated weapon for a 16/40 Dex build.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:37 am