Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Rifter7
Sentiel
Serious_Much
raecor14
tinypantha
mr_no_face
10 posters

Arena Feature 2.0

mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Arena Feature 2.0  Empty Arena Feature 2.0

Post by mr_no_face Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:22 pm

So the DLC arena was flawed in more ways than one. Servers were crap and it was rough finding a match sometimes. So what are some ways to improve this if a new Battle arena should surface in the next game?

I want to see maybe stat specific lobbies you can enter. Mage v. Mage Dex v. Dex ya know?

and maybe a mass lobby where you can see the ghosts of all the other players in the area very vividly

and maybe a Tournament feature that rewards

OH REWARDS ya we got nothing ffrom the current arena -.- aside from a leaderboard spot but thats dull
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Arena Feature 2.0  Empty Re: Arena Feature 2.0

Post by tinypantha Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Rewards based on streaks.

3 streak UAV! No. 10k souls

5 streak Predator Missle! No. 50k Souls

10 streak 10 humanity

15 streak 15 humanity

For every win? 5k souls?
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:56 pm

and maybe after a certain amount of wins you can win weapons n stuff and maybe refight bosses and regular enemies
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Oh man i just exploded with ideas

Maybe the arena could be a Gladiator based Cov that thrives on the thrill of battle and you can fight NPCs for loot or gear.

you can fight hordes of enemies for specific drops

Re- Challenge bosses for maybe half the souls or a couple humanity + extra chances to get that tail weapon but you can only get it once per play through AND it could be an effective way to farm dragon scales although you may not get but maybe 1 scale per every other fight with the dragon based boss

Also the battles may or may not scale with your levels and such
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:12 pm

But a player may invade to challenge you during your boss fight.

The invader may also be hurt and hurt the boss
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:19 pm

hmmm let me meditate on that one
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 pm

5 win streak = 1 peice of gladiator armor (medium-light armor with great physical defense but average magic damage
    then after you have it all you get the shield for the set. its special like the iron round shield as it will be the only medium defense shield that has heavy deflection. its stats will be 100/85/20/30
    then after all of that you get the choice of a scimitar or greatsword of the arena. it looks much more impressive than the normal weapon and his a completely different move-set. the scimitar has bleed while the great sword has a slightly faster swing than normal. these are both considered "normal" weapons and can be upgraded in any way.

then when you have finally got all of that you get the gladiators ring ( you have 15% more physical AR while having 20% less magic/lighting/fire/other damages) and the ring of the coliseum ( grants you access to an "elite" arena much the same as the dark moons area" it also gives a 25% increase to stamina and increases the fast roll oint to 35%)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:59 am

Well you're all forgetting the one obvious flaw of the arena: if completely contradicts the intended randomness and spirit of dark souls online play.

The only way for me is to scrap it, it just waters down souls pvp, we already had duelling items in the red soap..

The OFFLINE pve idea of npc fighting, hoarde fighting and boss refighting is good though.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:37 am

I would like to have something like the Arena in Dark Souls 2 as well, but wastly improved, especially the connection time.

I love the idea and it's actually fun to go there, but the waiting is really extreme. I have no idea how it works, or why is it so slow and if can something be done with it at all.

To make the Arena better, I would make the connection faster and remove the streaks. Just for fun and the fight, nothing else. No rewards, streaks, leaderboards, nothing. That way, people will fight for fun and for the enjoyment of the fight, not for some number, Souls, Humanity, items, or whatnot. You get a lot of that outside of the Arena, so why put it in there as well?
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:54 am

Maybe taking it completely out is a little extreme and removing all rewards ( leaderboard or souls) is another extreme

BUT how about making it almost entirely a PVE arena and the boss be something like the Old Monk in Demon's Souls where it summons some one to be your boss kind of makes it a middle ground that way the invasion rate doesn't drop tooooo much

ALSO if it is mostly PVP based why not make it and arena that can only be accessed after the last boss hopefully the choice is given to roam the world still after the endgame and if you want to start your NG+ you can go back to the place where the battle took place and light the bonfire or something this way means that once you killed the last boss and don't want to start a new game+ you still have options. I personally don't like starting a new game with the same character NG+ are bogus in my opinion
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:57 pm

-a way to keep the streak on that character after leaving the arena or powering down as long as you don't level up.
    -successors to dais and ruins.
    -an arena with pools of water and deep water.
    -an arena with lava pools.
    -an arena with cliffs and or high walkways.
    -keep the leaderboard.

rewards
    -enough souls to offset repairs and consumables+ some profit
    -10 streak gives some grass herbs with a special visual effect.
    -15 streak gives moss clumps that heals poison, toxic and bleeding.
    -20 gives a healing item with the same use time as humanity but also reapplies a grass herb effect and removes poison, toxic and bleeding.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:12 pm

A real matchmaking lobby, where you see other players names.

It wouldn't be elegant and you wouldn't be controlling your character, but it would be a menu and navigable.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 pm

An arena feature would never really work as the online aspect of the Soul Series in terms of PVP is invasions to work as a countermeasure against Co-op. The community would be split in between those that go into the arena and those that invade on top of the fact we will divided into servers this time around.

I mean, you can already see the division effects in all Soul games as the most popular invasion zones are well, dangerous and the non-popular are well...not dangerous. If we had to split this up because of an arena...

Instead, I think that the game should feature a PVP item that drops whenever an invader kills a host or when a host kills an invader. This item can be used for special PVP rewards or maybe just some plain online bonuses (Extra souls for Co-op, etc)...

The concept of an arena goes against the online aspect and will actually kill some online activity in general because it splits the activity. I mean, most of us are just fine with establishing PVP hotspots (Burg, Kiln, Ariamis, Blight Pit, etc)
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:36 am

Beware, big MF wall o' text ahead:

Spoiler:
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:06 am

Seignar wrote:An arena feature would never really work as the online aspect of the Soul Series in terms of PVP is invasions to work as a countermeasure against Co-op. The community would be split in between those that go into the arena and those that invade on top of the fact we will divided into servers this time around.

I mean, you can already see the division effects in all Soul games as the most popular invasion zones are well, dangerous and the non-popular are well...not dangerous. If we had to split this up because of an arena...

Instead, I think that the game should feature a PVP item that drops whenever an invader kills a host or when a host kills an invader. This item can be used for special PVP rewards or maybe just some plain online bonuses (Extra souls for Co-op, etc)...

The concept of an arena goes against the online aspect and will actually kill some online activity in general because it splits the activity. I mean, most of us are just fine with establishing PVP hotspots (Burg, Kiln, Ariamis, Blight Pit, etc)

Yep.....yep.......o for sure......exactly.........did it in DeS too.....I cant find anything to add to this. Its exactly what I was thinking.

Improve upon what makes the soul series great.

I apologize to the op, but I cannot get on board with this idea. I do respect some of you for thinking outside the box. Some of these ideas are pretty cool. But I dont want the pvp community divided in any way shape or form.

Making a pve arena im fine with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 am