Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Rifter7
BagerX2
roanispe
The Letter X
Sentiel
9 posters

Need a tip

Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Need a tip - Page 2 Empty Re: Need a tip

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:06 am

roanispe wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:Attack them.

Wow, I can't believe I never thought of trying that. Have you tested this out?
    A couple times, though it's difficult to do, and it's impossible to tell if I did it right, or if my opponent was just off. But in theory, if you have perfect timing, it should never fail. When you time it correctly, you have a 2-frame delay before you attack. However, you turn 90 degrees on the first frame, which should keep you safe from even a perfectly-timed backstab.

Of course, you have different timings for every hitstun. The real question, unless both players are some kind of ledgens who have perfect execution, is who has better timing.

I usually just kick people, though. You can't instant-pivot with it like you can a normal attack, but it's pretty fast and ignores poise. And few things in Dark Souls feel better than kicking somebody who was trying to BS you out of hitstun, then using the hitstun from the kick to do the same thing to them.

"I aspire to be wealthy enough one day to have a retinue of bodyguards composed
    entirely of her."
    -Youtube Commenter, 2013
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:02 am

ive managed to start a parry on my screen after the stagger, but i was pulled into a backstab.

idk what it looked like on their screen or if it's possible.. it should be tho.
    FullSpe3D
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FullSpe3D Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:23 am

For me, as an MLGS user, here would be my counters.
    Just block it if I'm doing a locked on Running R1, then set-up parry the obvious regular R1 coming up after it.
    If I'm unlocked and attempting a dead angle just try and bait it out and roll away. It's pretty obvious when I'll stop running and try the attack. have your finger on the d-pad to get a first turn toggle escape if the roll fails.
    If you get hit by the running R1>R1 combo then what I do is fire off an unlocked 2H R2 wherever I think they'll go to. In theory, you could parry the R2, but the only guy who tried that against me got the timing wrong. The result was a 1.5k damage combo that took his life from full to none, so its fairly risky.
    Other tips vs MLGS:

Don't keep your distance after I fire off some R2s. I WILL repair powder.
    The 1H R1 can stunlock forever if you don't toggle escape. Some poor guy I invaded had <36 poise and he got killed by a 7 hit R1 spam combo.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:30 am

FullSpe3D wrote:For me, as an MLGS user, here would be my counters.
    Just block it if I'm doing a locked on Running R1, then set-up parry the obvious regular R1 coming up after it.
    If I'm unlocked and attempting a dead angle just try and bait it out and roll away. It's pretty obvious when I'll stop running and try the attack. have your finger on the d-pad to get a first turn toggle escape if the roll fails.
    If you get hit by the running R1>R1 combo then what I do is fire off an unlocked 2H R2 wherever I think they'll go to. In theory, you could parry the R2, but the only guy who tried that against me got the timing wrong. The result was a 1.5k damage combo that took his life from full to none, so its fairly risky.
    Other tips vs MLGS:

Don't keep your distance after I fire off some R2s. I WILL repair powder.
    The 1H R1 can stunlock forever if you don't toggle escape. Some poor guy I invaded had <36 poise and he got killed by a 7 hit R1 spam combo.
    I only have problems with unlocked running R1 into R1, or bs, because that unlocked running R1 dead angles like :dung: and damages me even if I clearly evade it.

I've just stacked up Poise, tank it and bs the :pharis: out of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:03 pm