Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
reim0027
Animaaal
psychichobo
Flankydizzle
Ashran
skarekrow13
Soris Ice Goldwing
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ChizFreak
densetsushun
Serious_Much
Seignar
16 posters

Do you still do the Catacombs normally?

Poll

Well, do you skip the giant fall shortcut at the start?

[ 13 ]
    Do you still do the Catacombs normally? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap41%Do you still do the Catacombs normally? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [41%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Do you still do the Catacombs normally? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Do you still do the Catacombs normally? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Do you still do the Catacombs normally? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Do you still do the Catacombs normally? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Do you still do the Catacombs normally? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Do you still do the Catacombs normally? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [21%] 

Total Votes: 32
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Do you still do the Catacombs normally? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you still do the Catacombs normally?

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:
    Ashran wrote:Am i the only one who founds the catacombs fun and enternaining? Whatever. I usually do it like REAL MEN but when i need to get down for maybe the cleric set or just get the kindling ritual early in the game, i do the shortcut.

Know how real men go into the catacombs? Go in without a divine weapon, range weapons and no poise with 5 flasks!
    Is there any other way to do it? The cats are still easy because the skellies are weak mobs, I just like the atmosphere so I ususally go through the normal way.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Do you still do the Catacombs normally? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you still do the Catacombs normally?

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:28 am

The first time I went through the Catacombs, I didn't know about killing the necromancers to stop the skeletons from re-animating.

I figured the only way to really kill the skeletons was to force them off a cliff. When I got to the Tomb of the Giants, I found the way blocked by the orange fog gate and had to fight my way all the way back to Firelink.

Now, I won't say I'm a real man. The term "stupid" comes to mind...

Looking back on my experience I have to wonder how many necromancers I had killed, but since I never killed a skeleton outright, I never learned they would stay dead on that run.

Back on topic, what shortcut are you guys talking about? I guess I always go the full route. The only shortcut I take in the Catacombs is jumping to the right from the Bridge that Patches rotates. At that point I can go left and drop through or drop right to go to Vamos.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:25 am

If I want Great Scythe, TWoP, or unlock Vamos I'll just clear it all.
    If not, or if I died and have to go through it again, it's suicide jumping time.

btw
    Nice Poll, love the options. lol!

Do you still do the Catacombs normally? - Page 2 Tumblr_m8l6183KM81rzc8s7o1_500
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:54 am

reim0027 wrote:You do what? It is funny how close being a "real man" comes to "insanity".

Welcome to Lordran, Chosen Undead.

KEH HEH HEH HEH HEH
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 am

Sentiel wrote:
    This so much ._. I've actually had Leeroy be an idiot once and decide to run in and tank all 8 of them, dropped like a hot burrito and made me waste a homeward bone.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 am

densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    This so much ._. I've actually had Leeroy be an idiot once and decide to run in and tank all 8 of them, dropped like a hot burrito and made me waste a homeward bone.
    I usually summon Leeroy and let him handle them.
    Then I go take a
    :mask-father:
    :bas:
    :dragon-stone:
    :dung:

And his HP is back on top, so he can go kill Pinwheel.

Don't have to lift a finger.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:19 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    And his HP is back on top, so he can go kill Pinwheel.

Don't have to lift a finger.
    I usually summon him, drop down to the cleric set and by the time he's summoned he takes care of a few so I can run to the boss fog. That one time he decided to stick around at the bonewheels.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:18 am