Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
densetsushun
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
IV_Mark_VI
PlasticandRage
User1
Vindicte267
10 posters

Soltaire not there?

Vindicte267

Soltaire not there? Empty Soltaire not there?

Post by Vindicte267 Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Okay, so I feel like I might have REALLY screwed myself, I created a new character and ended up going to the Bell Gargoyle fight without talking to Soltaire, well I was human and summoned him in to help (so I could get the sunlight medal) well I went back to talk to him to get the white soapstone...but he isn't there....as in not at all....did I just break my character to where he can never be summoned in or is there some other way to get the white soap stone?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Soltaire not there? Empty Re: Soltaire not there?

Post by User1 Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:30 pm

I've never encountered this glitch, mind you, I have always talked to Solaire beforehand. Even on my first playthrough.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:57 pm

If it were me I'd check the Sunlight Altar before I gave up. That seems to be his default position.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:16 am

Also, the chest in firelink shrine (behind frampt) holds items that are necessary. Might be in there.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:18 am

^ That's a good idea too, although you don't need the WSS in order to complete the game the way you need the other items that I'm aware of that appear there, like the Arty Cov ring
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:26 am

You'll probably find him in Anor Londo if you just follow the story. Don't know if you'll get the WSS dialogue though.
    Vindicte267

Post by Vindicte267 Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:19 am

Well that sucks, I made this new character to coop with a friend, we'll thank you all for the help and info.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:36 am

Did you try the suggestions? I"m curious.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:42 am

PlasticandRage wrote:^ That's a good idea too, although you don't need the WSS in order to complete the game the way you need the other items that I'm aware of that appear there, like the Arty Cov ring
    You don't need the Cat Cov either but that's where it goes if you feed it to Frampt silly
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:00 am

I'm interested in the outcome of this. Seems the WSS, would Have to be available from Solaire even if you skipped his first encounter. It's a fairly important part of the game and since it cannot be dropped , it has to be acquired " somewhere".
    Vindicte267

Post by Vindicte267 Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:54 am

Alright I found the solution, just restarting the game makes Soltaire reappear where he is supposed to initially be.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:^ That's a good idea too, although you don't need the WSS in order to complete the game the way you need the other items that I'm aware of that appear there, like the Arty Cov ring
    You don't need the Cat Cov either but that's where it goes if you feed it to Frampt silly

Yeah, I wasn't aware that the Cat Cov Ring appeared in there. Anybody know what else does? Just curious.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:54 pm

^ This is from the firelinkshrine page on the wikispace.
    Open Chest
    Inside the flooded ruin is an open chest, beside a statue of a maiden. Should the player be so unfortunate to drop a game breaking item, it can be retrieved from the chest, which will then be closed with the item inside.

• Salvageable items: Covenant of Artorias, Orange Charred Ring, Cat Covenant Ring, Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring, Blue Eye Orb, (Key to Depths -confirm? not possible to drop this item, do you have to die at the same time you kill capra?)

I think the blue eye orb and key to depths is a lie. It's not possible to drop both of them. Also, if you and the boss die at the same time you will lose your humanity and souls but acquire whatever the boss drops, because the boss drop is automatically put in your inventory.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:03 pm

I wonder why the actual covenant rings are included in that list, it doesn't seem like it would be particularly game breaking to me, and it seems much easier to give players the option to ask for/repurchase those items from the covenant head instead.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:36 pm

^ Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The only things I can really think of that'd be game breaking are keys, which I don't think you can drop, and the Arty Cov. You don't even really need the Orange Charred if you take the shortcut to Lost Izalith. It'd be a pain to not have it, but you don't really need it.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:09 pm

For all the good that chest does, I still don't get what motivation the player would have to drop an essential item. They would most likely know it is necessary and, naturally keep hold of it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:23 pm

The only use for it that I'm aware of is for when we were still all testing secret theories for getting the statue behind Frampt to open, and feeding him all kinds of things.

I'd also be willing to bet that if you died the same time as Sif that the ring would appear there.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:33 am

PlasticandRage wrote:The only use for it that I'm aware of is for when we were still all testing secret theories for getting the statue behind Frampt to open, and feeding him all kinds of things.

I'd also be willing to bet that if you died the same time as Sif that the ring would appear there.

I would appear in your inventory and not in the chest.
    WandererReece wrote:if you and the boss die at the same time you will lose your humanity and souls but acquire whatever the boss drops, because the boss drop is automatically put in your inventory.
    Once Seath and I killed each other at the same time. I lost my humanities and souls, but got his soul. It was automatically put in my inventory during the "You Died" screen.

The Arty Ring is acquired the same way as the Lord Souls, so it would have to behave the same way.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 pm

WandererReece wrote:I think the blue eye orb and key to depths is a lie. It's not possible to drop both of them.
    Some off the covenant items appeared after bbglitching, and other items appeared after phantoms/mules glitch-dropped undroppable items. For example, if you were given the dragon eye by another player, the torso stone also appeared in the chest (or vice versa). I don't know about the depths key though, not sure if you could drop this at all, that's why I added the 'please confirm' comment.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:30 pm

^ Sorry, I didn't think about that. I didn't mean to discredit you. :oops:
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:26 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ Sorry, I didn't think about that. I didn't mean to discredit you. :oops:
    No worries, I don't really care about that happy
    I'm just very interested in learning about game mechanics like that chest, both from a gameplay and a game development point of view.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:59 pm

In all honesty, it's easy to imagine a player wondering what happens if you 'feed' stuff to Frampt. And the ring of Artorias does seem a bit useless, so you can see how players could make strange mistakes like that. A failsafe is always good to have.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:44 am

^ Honestly, I still can't believe we are allowed to drop or feed stuff like that.

That failsafe chest is certainly one of a kind. It's like other developers said, "Don't let them drop important stuff," and From said, "Let the idiots drop them and sweat a little, but add a way for them to reacquire the items." lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:24 pm