Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Nybbles
BLA1NE
Avenger649
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
LunarFog
Nightmare Moon
Hue
raecor14
Rifter7
steveswede
Gambs_the_Grey
Ghadis_God
Forum Pirate
reim0027
psychichobo
Seignar
Juutas
Animaaal
RANT
Samurainova
DianaDieHard
25 posters

Wrath of The Gods

Nightmare Moon
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

Wrath of The Gods - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrath of The Gods

Post by Nightmare Moon Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:52 pm

as much as i hate, i think it shouls make a return. it was one of a very few attacking miracles that a faith build could use. And the fact its been in both souls games it shouls keep going happy
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:18 pm

....Just take out all spells.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:32 pm

I don't mind the spell, but I dislike the way players use it. I think it could come back but changes are needed; a combination of what everyone has already mentioned would do it a world of good.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:40 pm

I think if wrath is coming back it needs a slower casting time. That would allow you to see it coming and just dodge it.
    The dead angle wrath of the gods is one of my only way to deal with turtles (for a strength build) except dead angle force/dragon force and neither of those are very good either.
    I would not mind if it came back in its current form but if it did I think there would have to be a mechanic to prevent people having multiple casts of it.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:17 pm

I like the idea of wrath, so I do want it to return, but obviously it needs tweaks. And I hope From doesn't ham-handedly nerf it like they have a tendency to do... Just tweaks it what it needs.

What WoG is supposed to be, as I see it, is a fast-casting 360-degree AoE attack. So those things need to remain intact. I think the casting speed is pretty good as it is. Online (lag permitting) it's possible to react when you see your opponent casting it and dodge, and offline it's quick enough to catch mobs mid-swing. What can be tweaked? Damage, range, and cooldown--damage being the last thing to decide, based on how severely the other aspects were altered.

Currently I think its range is too big. (Hard to say, though, because it may have been phantom range...) Sometimes I'm PvPing, see the WoG cast coming from a mile away, and get far enough that I think I'm out of its range, and I'm not--and I mean more than 2 rolls away kind of far. I think WoG should hit just under 2-rolls-distance around the caster. That way 1 roll won't get you out (but i-frames will) but 2 will (not that you'd have time to roll twice, but if you predicted it and did so, you'd be safe).

More importantly, a very significant way in which I think WoG needs to be nerfed, is its cooldown. It's supposed to be fast casting, but that doesn't mean its caster should be able to act so soon after he did so. WoG shouldn't be spammable, and it definitely shouldn't allow its caster to get around a WoG-stunned enemy and backstab him--that's just absurd. I think it should be similar to the fire storm pyros, where the player is still in his casting animation long after the pillars are going off.

So, yeah... That's what I think!

TL;DR: keep casting speed and 360-degree AoE, reduce range to < 2 rolls distance around caster, massively increase cooldown, probably keep same damage.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:50 am

wrath of god is a Souls staple and it will stay, but it should definitely be tweaked.

the spell is just too good, i mean why would you ever memorize any other miracle? i think it should take two spell slots for one, and it's casting time should be slowed for two. dead angling must be removed form this spell as well. this might balance it out with other spells and miracles making it one of many choices instead of the only choice.

wishful thinking time…i would like to see something that would make it aesthetically different from force. instead of the insta-blast, perhaps it should be more like a 360 degree wave of divine power that emanates from the caster like a shock wave from an earthquake. the cast time could be instant and the wave would roll away from the caster. making it difficult to avoid in close quarters but it would get easier to dodge the further out you are from the caster.

more wishful thinking…as for the the stat requirements, i've been playing Demon's for the past week and i've been enjoying the hell out of that game all over again. in Demon's there are no stat requirements to cast spells, you only have to worry about stat scaling. you still needed high stats to make the spells useful so you still had to invest in your stats to be an effective caster. i think that Dark Souls II should make a return to that system. pyromancy already does this (essentially) so why not do this with all spells and miracles?
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:32 pm

It needs a bit of a range reduction, its to much of an offensive spell right now. Its supposed to be DEFENSIVE.

Its like many of the "overpowered" things in this game. Once you learn how to deal with it, its not a big deal. I know we aren't talking tactics here though.

It can return, but needs a smaller area of effect is all. I won't like to see it, but it is not so broken to be game breaking. Just annoying.
    JumpsU3vs1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JumpsU3vs1 Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Wrath of Gods is my favorite spell, it comes out so fast that most players just eat it. If there is any lag at all, its incredibly hard to avoid even for a skilled player.

When I coop with my brother and cousin, most of the time at we all got WOG. If anyone invades they are totally screwed. WOG spam from 3 directions is lol!

We joke over teamspeak about playing WOG ping pong with invaders. We bounce the invader back and forth between us until they're dead.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:34 pm

my idea is a different animation, make the cast animation the same as the caestus r2 punch with the explosion at the tip, this will give the caster 270 degree coverage from the front, speed and power can remain the same since it would then have a blind spot so its not perfect.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 pm

^That would make its blind spot at the back, though, which would basically scream to everyone: BACKSTAB! I don't think I like the idea of the Devs encouraging more backstabbing through a spell mechanic... But for PvE it would be awesome.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:34 pm

I don't mind the damage from it, just slow the cast time or something. So yeah I wouldn't mind it in DS2.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:04 am