Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Buggy Virus
Leeroy_Jenkins
k0rruptid
Wade_Wilson
LordRevan
Comodreha
Soulkrazy
Amondaun
User
BLA1NE
Dustofsaturn
kennereth
Gowardo
Robotech
retention_sb
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ChizFreak
21 posters

The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH)

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH)

Post by Federally Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:33 am

SlakeMoth wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:Those Dark Souls trailer made me discover the band The Silent Comedy, and I absolutely fell in love with them. If only I could find their music in a store... Hell it was hard just finding their album to download! But I really want to purchase it legitimately so they can get some of my money! It's probably on iTunes, but I don't use that.

@Soulkrazy

Yeah, the role-play was a really nice touch!

After watching the 'Bartholomew' trailer, I just had to have the album. It's called 'Common Faults' by the way. I searched Amazon for it and it was available but it was an import so expensive, so I asked my daughter to get it for me in the U.S. which she did. (or rather my son-in-law did, bless him). I'm not sure where he got it from but will find out if anyone is interested.

I used Amazon's digital download service, had the song on my phone 2 minutes after watching that trailer. You EU folks can't use Amazon's download service?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Best Video/Trailer of Dark Souls EVER (MUST WATCH)

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:34 am

Aye the end is so brilliantly done and so very artistic. i love how the music comes to its crescendo right then and there and the cuts go right along with it showing various types of play.

The voice overs are brilliant and really fit in with the tone the music conveys and with the action and cosplays he is doing.

My favourite bit and the bit which gave me chills (as Ive seen this before) was the ringing of the Bells of Awakening and how he superimposes the peal of real bells over the music, and as the gate of sens fortress opens the sunlight streams in.....

Beautifully done is all I can say.....

This guy has real talent for film production (and before anyone shuts me down saying that a game AMV/ trailer is not the same as a real film I'll shut you down and say it is as the same techniques, principles, and methods transcend the genre. What is film but a collaboration of music, imagery, and emotive language?)

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:06 pm