Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The balance of str and dex for a sl 100 with vit

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The balance of str and dex for a sl 100 with vit Empty The balance of str and dex for a sl 100 with vit

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:42 am

So I been using this for a while now with the plan to make it a sl 100 main toon. The problem I have is trying to make it so that I can still use str and dex weapons without having to make one weaker than the other. As much as I like dex weapons I do want to switch to str weapons from time to time for PvP purposes, just to spice things up and still being a force to reckon with. My main issue is that I can't seem to balance the two right with the weapons that fall into each category. Another problem is vit. My older builds have the power to give strong damage but always lacked the vit to last long in a fight.

The armor stays as is unless I find something more stylist while in the 300 defense range, and the fast roll is preferred but I can try the midroll and I won't remove the wolf ring unless the poise stays at 50 or above, I been stunlocked too many times by spammers.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

The balance of str and dex for a sl 100 with vit Empty Re: The balance of str and dex for a sl 100 with vit

Post by RANT Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:51 am

Never go past 40 end, its a waste even for str builds, just look at how much more weight room you get per point, not worth it. You can still two a lot of str weapons with 20 str nut I think it might be better if you use elementals, get dex to 40 and 35vit and just menu swap weapons.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The balance of str and dex for a sl 100 with vit Empty Re: The balance of str and dex for a sl 100 with vit

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:10 am

44 end was the only way at the time to fast roll with a chaos blade, though I know realize I can fastroll with a claymore which is my favorite str weapon and the damage output for most str weapons is 345, so the punishment is high, especially for the lighter armored players. How does this look? here
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:17 am

Which STR weapons do you like using? The Claymore is more of a "quality" weapon by the way.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:35 am

Boy this is a certainly a....wait for it....riddle lol

I came up with this: MSGS

The only thing I did was raise str by 4 and change some armor. Look is very similar.

When using as a dex, you could equip the Black Knight SHield instead of the Grass.

You kind of have a quality build going anyway, so why not use the Claymore like you said? It weighs as much as the Chaos Blade, so you'll be optimizing your equipment load.

You could also use the Blacksmith Giant Hammer.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 am

The sunlight straight sword, claymore, the darksword would be good to try, among some others. It seems like with 44 end I can use quite a lot of weapons with the fastroll and the damages are good so it seems like it will come down to preference and who I fight.
    Animaaal that is defiantly a useable one to work. Hm...I got it, since the 44 end allows fastroll for a number of weapons I test the weapons to see how they work with my style. It will be better to test the weapons before I change anything.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:21 am

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=164383629105771773

the extra weight is so you can switch to other weapons, alsow with these stats the washing pole is the best katana to use.

but i guess you're already stuck with whta you have now... i really can't optimize that to what you specified...

Last edited by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added data)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:09 am