Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Animaaal
Mikutow
6 posters

New Ideas for DS2 PvP

Mikutow
    Mikutow

New Ideas for DS2 PvP Empty New Ideas for DS2 PvP

Post by Mikutow Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:42 pm

After playing a few rounds in the arena section of Dark Souls AotA, I was thinking to myself just much fun this idea could be if it were expanded upon and improved a ton for DS2.

The idea of letting people duke it out on purpose as opposed to invasions is a fun idea, but in the arena you still have people spamming certain attacks and ganging up and it can be pretty frustrating at times.

What if you took the idea of this and allowed players to select a mode where it had certain random criteria given to each player so that none would have an advantage. You would automatically be geared the same way and a fight would ensue using the criteria so that each player is forced to use the random setup given.

This could be different every time. Or you could have certain modes like short swords only, spells only, or fist weapons only. Stuff like that. On top of that, there could be special arenas designed for this play mode. Imagine a 2 vs 2 battle with rapiers only set on the high beams of Anor Londo above the Painted World. No Force spells here.. just sword play on skinny beams high above. Sounds awesome to me.

What do you guys think about this idea? I like that it would focus on skill instead of cheap builds that take advantage of spamming and cheap attacks.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

New Ideas for DS2 PvP Empty Re: New Ideas for DS2 PvP

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:45 pm

1) Welcome to the forums Bow

2) Should prolly be in Dark Souls 2 section.

3) I dont like the idea of randomness at all. I appreciate your opinion, but imo, I like to design and develop my character so I can play the way I like.

my 2 sense
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Offtopic- I would like to be able to choose the the type of person I fight, say based off their start build. Then I could avoid the magic spammers and they would never get a game and cry and I would laugh twisted
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:07 pm

the main problem I had is that when you died you re spawned with full magic so it was dream world for WOG spammers

edit:this is the arena I speak of
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:11 pm

I was against the arena from the start, and my opinion still hasn't changed (besides going on the fact that it's still better to just host PvP in your own world in burg or some place)
    Mikutow
    Mikutow

Post by Mikutow Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:14 pm

I like the original idea of the PvP and I would love them to keep that in the game so that you can use the character you build. I definitely do not want them to take that out. The option to have that totally equal fight would be cool in my opinion.

Thanks for the welcome. I started in Dark Souls 2 wiki and clicked forum and it brought me here. Hope its okay. I am getting pretty excited for more news on DS2. In the mean time, Having some epic fights with Kalameet helping other players!
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:33 am

While the battle on the beams does sound good i think it will make things a little to complex to have seperate game modes to that extent. Maybe a no spell mode but thats about it. A better soulution to avoiding "cheap" builds is just if From Software simply dont create wepons that can be used for cheap tactics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am