Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Dutchy
IV_Mark_VI
Paragon
Jiub of Carim
sean1230
Animaaal
RANT
FattyOfDoom
mugenis4real
WyrmHero
Carphil
Thundergrip
16 posters

Smough's Hammer: Vastly Underrated?

Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Smough's Hammer: Vastly Underrated? - Page 2 Empty Huzzah

Post by Paragon Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:39 am

Ill try to fight you. All my previous builds got deleted so the only build I got right now is a SL50 but I can reach 99 pretty quickly. PM me your gamertag and Ill see if we can fight this friday. If not we will have to wait until the week after next most likely. I almost never get to fight anybody who uses smoughs hammer and I would absolutely luv to test myself against your steel. My gamertag is luvz2fight same as my forum name. Ill be rockin' all silver knight gear except maybe helmet.

Unlike most people I believe in you and in smoughs hammer and want to fight you just for the challenge.

Smough's Hammer: Vastly Underrated? - Page 2 1697181849
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Smough's Hammer: Vastly Underrated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smough's Hammer: Vastly Underrated?

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:06 am

I was using a lvl 50 tarkus cosplay and the fat roll worked against... some. Against poison/flame arrows (chaos composite) it needed to hide behind trees or trade shots with a heavy cross bow. Anyone fighting point blank would be in serious trouble, including backstab fishers if you fight unlocked.

If they're going toe to toe, I have little doubt he was killing them one by one. Hammers have really high poise breaking abilities.
    Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Smough's Hammer: Vastly Underrated? - Page 2 Empty Re: Smough's Hammer: Vastly Underrated?

Post by Dutchy Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:41 am

I met a dragon form duel wielding with Smoguh's hammers. = Scary as all buggery
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 pm

I'm sorry, but the Demon Great Machette for example will hit (only by very little difference) harder and is probably better because of the horizontal swings silly
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:04 pm

http://mmdks.com/1do2
    This is my Smoughs hammer build.
    This weapon is deadly fun. I've always loved it. What people underestimate about it is it's got better range then even the washing pole.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Thundergrip wrote:What are you guys' thoughts on Smough's hammer?

Yes, to 1H it you need 58 strength, but that's completely doable for a SL 99 build, and it puts out possibly the best unbuffed damage in the game (thanks to it's strike damage type).

Here's the build I've been using: http://mmdks.com/1d2u
    I'm not one to brag, but I've been having great success.

I've never seen anyone else use this weapon. Anyone else like it? Thoughts on my build?

Just food for though; demon's great hammer weight 6 units less, requires 12 less strength and on that build has only 6 less AR... and is buffable! :shock:
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 pm

But Smoughs hammer has better range and a +10 life on each hit (which operates just like bleed and works on dodged blows)
    Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Rynn wrote:But Smoughs hammer has better range and a +10 life on each hit (which operates just like bleed and works on dodged blows)

10 HP per swing, on a weapon that swings like a geriatric truck, with a build that has (hopefully) over 1600 health.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Then 10 life per hit is nothing important; but range is.
    Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:20 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Then 10 life per hit is nothing important; but range is.

The only attack you'll be using with it is the roll R1.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:02 pm