Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Serious_Much
grossemesser
Forum Pirate
morte
AnCapaillMor
The Letter X
Sentiel
Juutas
Animaaal
KrazykevS10
Brigade
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
GenericUsername
Soris Ice Goldwing
21 posters

Over-dependance on the green blossom?

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Over-dependance on the green blossom? Empty Over-dependance on the green blossom?

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 am

So we all know how useful the green blossom is with stamina and PvP, I myself have used it plenty of times. However for several months now I have decided to go without it to see what it was like to take a break from it. I found I did not really need for fights anymore even when I was using weapons that drain a lot of stamina like the claymore and chaos blade. I also noticed that as a host, 8 out 10 invaders would equip it for that extra boost for just about every weapon in the game, even if they had the grass crest shield.

I got to ask do we use the green blossom way too much as a crutch for our builds to be more effective or is it really needed to be good at pvp even though we have the grass crest shield and the cloranthy ring?
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Over-dependance on the green blossom? Empty Re: Over-dependance on the green blossom?

Post by GenericUsername Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:16 am

I've been using greatswords and other stamina consuming equipment forever and I've never used a single green blossom in PvP. Same goes for grass crest and cloranthy although I did use the mask of the child a lot in my earlier PvP days.

Guess it was a good move to avoid green blossom dependence as you put it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Over-dependance on the green blossom? Empty Re: Over-dependance on the green blossom?

Post by Rynn Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:19 am

it's completely unnecesary, but it's game-changing when in effect. It's as strong as both Cloranthy and Grass crest combined, and can be stackedwith them. You can recover 192 stamina in 1.1 seconds with all stamina equipment on at the same time, and that's just brutally unfair under any condition.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:26 am

Rynn wrote:it's completely unnecesary, but it's game-changing when in effect. It's as strong as both Cloranthy and Grass crest combined, and can be stackedwith them. You can recover 192 stamina in 1.1 seconds with all stamina equipment on at the same time, and that's just brutally unfair under any condition.
    That's what I noticed for some tanks and spammers. However I noticed that with all that stamina recharged, some invaders try way too hard with simple spamming and die easier. Likely because they expect me to get trapped in the attack than dodge my own attacks.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:34 am

At first I didn't know what it was so I didn't use it, then I found out what it did and I tried it, then I became addicted, presently I'm trying to ween myself from the addiction.

Verdict: Blossom isn't needed but it's damn good at doing what it offers and it has pretty 0 drawback.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:35 am

I've only used it once for a battle with O&S on NG+4 I've never really used it in PVP.

Actually when I'm normally fighting people that use it they tend to be worse than some of the other players that I fight. Mainly because I think they don't know when to stop attacking because they don't balance their stamina enough so they can dodge after they attack. That really seems to be the case with players that use the gold tracer.
    Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:36 am

Never used them before. Can't be bothered to buy them. I mean, I'd have to go all the way to Sen's. That would take me a whole minute at most.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:41 am

They aren't really needed ever.It's nice to have them but an addiction could be bad.All you have to do is conserve stamina and pick the right time to strike.
    Quality over quantity gentlemen. 8)
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 am

Way I see it Grin is that the green blossom and the tracer= 2hand r1 spam of death. Those two complement each other with spamming since if the attack won't kill you the bleed will. Though I think you're right about the imbalance of stamina usage. Likely because they expect it to recharge fast.

Pendant: I think it has a subconscious effect that if you use it, you can do better. When I started using it, I always used it. When I stopped I had no clue what made me dependent on it.

Brigade: I think that since the dlc it became easier to buy it, because one can simply go to chester and buy 99 of them. Sure they cost more, but you can warp to the township, making Sen's a pointless trip.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:27 am

They make a world of difference for a full heavy armor tank swinging an ultra weapon.

Also, you dont have to take up one of the four most important slots in the game, or one of the two second most important slots in the game.

(weapon slot/ring slot)
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:39 am

I'm one of those players who have never used blossoms. I think stamina management is one of really important elements of duels and "grassing" removes that completely and people are so used to it they don't even realise it.
    I don't care if my opponent uses blossons (90% of the players do anyways) but I choose not to for the sake of my own fun and challenge.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:50 am

There's been a topic like this before and it made me stop eating the grass like a cow.
    I used it in every PvP fight and after I stopped I had some serious problems with my Stamina managment. Now, I use it only when I rock a heavy tank, to compensate for the slower Stamina recovery and when I'm facing a gank.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 am

I used to use it 100% of the time, but now I only grass when my opponent does. It proved a nice challenge at first since I don't use a shield or cloranthy, but it has worked out for the better. When I run out of grass I just deal with it now because I have started to like my fights when I need to watch my stamina - it's like it makes me more attentive to everything else as well.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:35 am

Sentiel wrote:I used it in every PvP fight and after I stopped I had some serious problems with my Stamina managment.

Did you try the green grass patches or gum? Sorry the thread sounds like an addicts anonymous.

Ran out of it the other night and didn't bother farming for it again and found an axe\sword in face in my face several times when i came out of a roll and meant to attack. Definately changes the game. They might nerf it, it'll be the BF3 IRNV all over again.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:37 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:I used it in every PvP fight and after I stopped I had some serious problems with my Stamina managment.

Did you try the green grass patches or gum? Sorry the thread sounds like an addicts anonymous.
    That's what I was aiming for with my post. I'm glad someone noticed it. lol!
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:56 am

I tend not to use green blossoms, if only because I am cheap. I prefer the cloanthy ring. That being said, the stamina regen is fantastic for people who use bleed-weapons like my uchi.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:58 am

I use it mostly in ganks. I've never bothered much in 1v1, it only makes a difference if I don't have any other regen gear on and am mid rolling.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:59 am

Sentiel wrote:That's what I was aiming for with my post. I'm glad someone noticed it. lol!

now i can play coop with my children without having to stop because i'm out of stamina.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi, my name is ....... and I have a stamina grass dependency problem. It has been 2 days since I last used the green blossom. First it was the GCS then the CR and before you know it I was stacking! Stacking man!
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:20 pm

grossemesser wrote:Hi, my name is ....... and I have a stamina grass dependency problem. It has been 2 days since I last used the green blossom. First it was the GCS then the CR and before you know it I was stacking! Stacking man!

I've......i can't say it,oh dear god help me. I'VE GANKED FOR GREEN BLOSSOM.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 pm

I'll come in among the green blossom jokes with an actual answer silly - I find it hilarious that everyone I fight who is on this forum uses this thing. I mean I rock up to the event and everyone is using it (it's like a friggin coke den), and then I see the same people complaining about people using other buffs- IT STILL GIVES YOU AN ADVANTAGE.

Anyways, to get to the point, I don't use it. Whenever I have used it, I feel like I'm getting desperately close to the line a lot of forum goers seem to cross, which is they turn souls pvp into a mathematical and theoretical exercise above having fun. (Just like when I die a little inside when I used to see people saying how they've remade the same build 3 times to relocate couple of stats)

Anyway- green blossom dependency is not for me.

All addicts call me and I can hook you up with some special addiction relief called "Fun over victory" winking
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Yep I had a feeling the green blossom would have an addiction effect. It takes away the fact that we need to be careful with our stamina usage. However I think the downside is that without stamina conservation, it lowers the players performance by having them trust the bar recharges before the opponent can get a strong attack in. Stamina stops at 160 and with what Rynn about how you can stack all the stamina increases the fight becomes unfair. Also why would you need that unless you are tank?? A smart PvPer can think about how to use 160 stamina without needed it if the situation doesn't require it. Having to face gankers sure that I get but having to use it to on a 1v1 with a weapon that drains little stamina?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:39 pm

I have more fun with mathematical and theoretical exercises. I cannot "have fun" as a standalone concept. It has to be attached to something. My fun is in successfully deriving and executing strategies to reach the desired affect (my victory.) Thus my being a "tryhard" is rooted in the same desire for fun that requires you to take a less victory focused path.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm

stamina regen in dks is similarly broken to the hp regen in demons souls. they are both too stackable, while individual items are balanced more that that results in near infinite stamina/hp

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=415557012838586951

if you get hit more than once with this monstrosity its your own fault.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I have more fun with mathematical and theoretical exercises. I cannot "have fun" as a standalone concept. It has to be attached to something. My fun is in successfully deriving and executing strategies to reach the desired affect (my victory.) Thus my being a "tryhard" is rooted in the same desire for fun that requires you to take a less victory focused path.

I sense deja vu here... I'm pretty sure I've had this conversation with you before silly

Anyways, for response, see your sig happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:08 am