Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Jodecho
Hue
MosquitoPower
LunarFog
8 posters

Wombo combo. WOMBO COMBO. OHHHHO HOH OH!!!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!!

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Wombo combo.  WOMBO COMBO. OHHHHO HOH  OH!!!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Wombo combo. WOMBO COMBO. OHHHHO HOH OH!!!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by LunarFog Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:54 am

WHERE ARE YOU AT?! WHERE ARE YOU AT?!?!?!?!?

Just had to share.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Wombo combo.  WOMBO COMBO. OHHHHO HOH  OH!!!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Wombo combo. WOMBO COMBO. OHHHHO HOH OH!!!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by MosquitoPower Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:17 pm

So true!

When those guys get on a roll, the teamwork is unreal!

I was starting a new character a while back and was just going to "zoom past that part" solo.

I thought, what could possibly go wrong? I have fought those guys a zillion times as a summon. Im 2 PrO!

Zap! SMash! Moosh! Stab!
    Prostration

10 rounds later trying to solo them, im summoning in 2 people to help...
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Wombo combo.  WOMBO COMBO. OHHHHO HOH  OH!!!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Wombo combo. WOMBO COMBO. OHHHHO HOH OH!!!!! OH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Hue Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:56 pm

I actually don't find them that hard, sure, they are hard, but Capra demon on my first playthrough, Manus, Kalameet, Artorias, Sanctuary guardian, these are much, much harder when you don't perfectly know their moveset
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Hachouma wrote:I actually don't find them that hard, sure, they are hard, but Capra demon on my first playthrough, Manus, Kalameet, Artorias, Sanctuary guardian, these are much, much harder when you don't perfectly know their moveset

Capra is a cheap shot for new players for sure.
    No NPC helpers around and them dang dogs!

O&S have a major edge if a player walks in without good gear.
    That is almost the joke, I can see them up on the top of the castle yelling insults as the player is forced to walk back to Sens and beyond for upgrades.

I also agree on the DLC bosses, those guys want you DEAD and they want it to happen as fast as possible.
    But players always have the warp by that point, so there is always a way to quickly stock up or upgrade.

So the DLC crew have the power, but O&S have the mental game!
    No way out!
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:49 pm

ive not had a problem with the DLC. maybe its because by the time the DLC had come out i had already beaten the game to dust a few times over, but the new bosses are too easy to read. the only thing that ever gets me is if im too far away from manus to rush him when he does the attack where all the darkness smashes from the outside toward him.

O&S on the other hand attack patters are completely random as hell. the only thing you can gaurentee is that O will glitch and do attacks without any tells and S will smash you as soon as your not paying attention to him.

maybe its because they have been around so long (in one of the interview it was stated that Smough was one of the first characters created) that they are still buggy and glitchy, but besides the cheapness of the capra demon fight i still hold that O&S have the potential to be the hardest boss.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:58 pm

MosquitoPower wrote:I was starting a new character a while back and was just going to "zoom past that part" solo.

Heh same here thought after i'd beat the 4 kings in my first go with the base level warrior that they'd be no problems. What drove me nuts was when i'd be waylaying into smough with the reinforced club, orny would stab through smough body and smough smash as i staggered. smough literally covered for orny. Biggest gankers of them all.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:01 pm

The key difference between O&S and the DLC bosses is that O&S is a sort of cut-off in terms of PvE, if you can beat them everything else(save for Four Kings) is cake. The DLC bosses are additional and thus much harder, they've also got insane agro compared to other bosses.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:03 pm

It's even funnier when you don't kill the Royal Sentinels and Ornstein dashes out and knocks you back onto their halberd. Then you're just stuck at the fog door surrounded by a giant spear, a giant halberd, and a giant hammer.

Pain.
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:10 pm

lol i had that happen to me once, i was filled with bottomless rage
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:31 pm

Jodecho wrote:ive not had a problem with the DLC. maybe its because by the time the DLC had come out i had already beaten the game to dust a few times over, but the new bosses are too easy to read. the only thing that ever gets me is if im too far away from manus to rush him when he does the attack where all the darkness smashes from the outside toward him.

O&S on the other hand attack patters are completely random as hell. the only thing you can gaurentee is that O will glitch and do attacks without any tells and S will smash you as soon as your not paying attention to him.

maybe its because they have been around so long (in one of the interview it was stated that Smough was one of the first characters created) that they are still buggy and glitchy, but besides the cheapness of the capra demon fight i still hold that O&S have the potential to be the hardest boss.

I agree, but then there's always Solaire, sure it doesn't feel as great when you don't beat them alone, but at least you aren't stuck forever
    But for Capra, Guardian, Kalameet, and Artorias, you can't summon any NPC, for Manus it is not beneficial to summon, and for the four kings, it makes the fight nearly impossible
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:36 pm

true you cant summon npc's for them except for manus, but i have to dissagree, though ive only summoned sif once he was a pretty good distraction. ive been playing almost since day 1 and i only learned where Solaire's summon sign was about a week ago. i only learned that because someone i was invading summoned him and i saw it.

part of mine and a friends SL 1 challenge was we had to defeat 4 kings with summon. definately a pain.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:27 am

I seriously wanted smoughs hammer to HIT you when you were getting up from that stab.... why did you have to roll?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:38 pm