Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Putting the Sheen on the Carving (Mage Tactics and Build Touching up)

Poll

Which shield do you prefer?

[ 3 ]
    Putting the Sheen on the Carving (Mage Tactics and Build Touching up) I_vote_lcap50%Putting the Sheen on the Carving (Mage Tactics and Build Touching up) I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Putting the Sheen on the Carving (Mage Tactics and Build Touching up) I_vote_lcap50%Putting the Sheen on the Carving (Mage Tactics and Build Touching up) I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 6
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Putting the Sheen on the Carving (Mage Tactics and Build Touching up) Empty Putting the Sheen on the Carving (Mage Tactics and Build Touching up)

Post by kazumoshi Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:47 am

http://mmdks.com/1i7m

TL;DR- Opinion on build / "Magical" spell combos would be appreciated.
    (Also, which do you believe to be better: Dark Hand or Small Leather?)

Just another run of the mill boring mage build. Every stat is set in stone, save for the Vit (Currently @ 25 vitality right now) The spell loadout is not constant, just a mashup of what I usually end up using. The rings are what they are because it allows me to swap for a variety for situations (wolf for 76 poise. Bellowing for overkill damage. DWGR for the mobility it provides etc) The Crown of dusk is only for situations that I believe it is required (Gankers, Another CoD, Flasking, and unsavory players)

This is my first "true" mage build, so I'm quite inexperienced in how to go about using it. Any sort of pointers would be appreciated
    Dancewithdeath

Putting the Sheen on the Carving (Mage Tactics and Build Touching up) Empty Re: Putting the Sheen on the Carving (Mage Tactics and Build Touching up)

Post by Dancewithdeath Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Just one question, why the 16 dex? If you dropped it to 10, the minimum for using the MLGS and changed your starting class to pyromancer you could have this at sl119.

Also think about swapping around the black flame and HCSM so you can use it as a distraction.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Putting the Sheen on the Carving (Mage Tactics and Build Touching up) Empty Re: Putting the Sheen on the Carving (Mage Tactics and Build Touching up)

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Dancewithdeath wrote:Just one question, why the 16 dex?

According to Tolvo MLGS has DEX scaling. lol!
    Dancewithdeath

Post by Dancewithdeath Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:10 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:According to Tolvo MLGS has DEX scaling

Really?

Now that's exciting!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 pm

1) I'll say Darkhand. The low stability can actually work in your favor. It has an inherent "knockback" when blocking. This can automatically knock you out of the way when someone is going for a stunlock.

It's damage scaling reductions are 80/80/80/80 which is excellent. The Small Leather Shield is good, but fails in comparison imo.

2)
    You prolly don't need Pursuers and HCSM. However thats a matter of preference. I feel those spells are best used for distractions to control tempo and allow for additional buffing...ie Strong Magic Shield....which I am in love with. It's crazy good lol, but only lasts 15 seconds...hence the HCSM.

3) I always recommend Logan's Catalyst over the TCC, so good job.

4) Poison Mist is useless for its effect. It is a great distraction however. I believe that without the use of poison arrows along with poison mist, you might find its uses limited. I believe Dark Fog is much better. The same goes for Toxic Mist and the Acid one.

5) MLGS is the preferred weapon of choice for a spellsword. I prefer Velkas though...just my opinion.

6) CSS is powerful, but I find Dark Bead much more useful, especially when fighting locked-off.

7) CoD is useless imo. Its a 20% gain. You cast a spell that damages for 500..you get 600 instead...hardly worth the reduction in magic defense amognst other things......Logan's Big Hat.....

8\
    I don't understand the 16 dex either. early mistake lol??? I've sooooooooo been there.

9) This link will answer a lot of questions regarding combos, casting times, etcetcetc. I'd give you some hints but its a lot to regurgitate: For tha Love of Castings
    *There's also a kicka$$ vid about how kicka$$ Strong Magic Shield can be in the hands of an experienced pvper.

10) And last but not least...WELCOME TO THE CLUB! cheers

PS- :weap-magic: is your friend.

kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 pm

1 ) Been using the darkhand, and I gotta agree with you on this one. The stability takes a little getting used to, but other than that
    straight 80s is great for walling those wake up attacks.

2 ) I agree. I was really just at a loss as to what I'd replace HCSM with, but thinking now I could fit a fire surge on here, or something. I dunno.

3 ) Thanks cheers

4 ) & 6 ) Soul Spear and Poison mist are on here simply because they work fantastically in unison. Soul spear is unrivaled in terms of punishing stray casts (namely those poor pyromancers who toss fireballs around like bird seed for hungry pigeons.)

5 ) MLGS is an there for its poise break. As of late I swap between the MLBH, Velka's, the MLGS, and an assortment of enchanted weapons.

6 ) As of late I have both on the slots.

7 ) I suppose it boils down to preference. I don't have room on here for logan's hat though Prostration

8 )
    Animaaal wrote: I prefer Velkas though...just my opinion.

9 ) I have a build I put on hold in mind for the casting combos.. It's going to be fun, that's all I can say big grin

10 ) And what a warm welcome it has been.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:26 am