Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

What Awesome Skill You Have....

Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

What Awesome Skill You Have.... Empty What Awesome Skill You Have....

Post by Xaelai Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:43 pm

So I was going through Anor Londo last night with my newest character and I had done everything up to O&S, opened up all the shortcuts, etc.

I had gotten the Rite of Kindling already (did that earlier, before coming to AL) so I decided to turn myself Human so I can Kindle the fire up to 20.

I knew I was going to get invaded, that always happens. It really doesn't bother me all that much, even though I usually die.

I thought, well, since I have a Gravelord+5 that I had a fighting chance if I land a hit or two; the thing does nearly 350 a pop on low armored foes. Not many people can withstand that much damage.

Well, of course, the inevitable happens and I get invaded. Being that I hate backstabs and ripostes (and I can rarely get them to work myself, esp. BS), I run out to the rotating bridge (I was about to start working on the 2nd Royal Sentinel).

It takes nearly 10min for the invader to find me and when he does run down, I look at himas he approaches.

Some type of Katana... meh.
    Balder Knight Shield? looks average.

Didn't look like he was wearing very heavy armor; looked like it was either hard leather, or at best, Elite Knight's. I know he didn't have the EK helmet on, looked like the Warrior's starting helmet TBH.

Well, we start dancing around each other, he takes a couple swipes at me, I back up, I take a swipe at him, etc. This continues for a couple min. He throws a couple dung pies at me which miss. Finally, he makes a mistake and I pelt him with the sword a good one.

I hit him twice with the Gravelord's Sword and then on the 3rd swing, I get hit myself and we both stagger. I hurry up and roll back and I'm like "Whaaat? How did I NOT break his Poise with two Gravelord's!?!?" Then I look at his health meter and I'm going "Oh great... I barely even put a dent in it...."

I did dent his health meter, but only by like 20% or so. And I did like 200+ a hit. I'm like "okay how did he get like 1500hp at SL50-ish and how the heck did he have enough Poise to withstand two hits from my weapon with Light-to-Medium armor?"

Well, I manage to back away far enough to Flask, I figure if this guy has _ridiculous_ health, I should be able to flask. Then he starts throwing Lloyd's at me so that kinda blows. I hit him a couple more times and he's about halfway and he kills me.

I'm thinking "Ya, that takes some serious skill there, buddy. Slaughter people trying to PvE with a ridiculously twinked out character. Feel big yet?"

I mean, Honestly.

Does that make people feel like they got bragging rights or something? Picking on people that can't possibly fight back?

It doesn't bother me when someone is similarly geared and kills me, hey that's fine. I got outplayed. But the twinks... they annoy me. I mean, how fun could that Possibly be to slaughter people who don't stand a chance? I can never understand the mentality of it.

Reminds me of these redneck hunting channels (Outdoor Channel, etc) when people are all hollering and cheering over murdering a defenseless animal from hundreds of yards away with a high-power rifle... I mean, really? That's something to boast about?

I felt like sending the guy a MSN message sarcastically complementing him on his awesome skills, but then I was like "meh, why bother?" ...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

What Awesome Skill You Have.... Empty Re: What Awesome Skill You Have....

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:50 pm

It's not like griefing SL 10s with maxed out pyros. In this case I'd say the invader didn't do too much wrong. You kindled in a PvP hotspot (certainly nothing wrong with that) and you got invaded like you knew you would.

No shame in dying to a guy with a completed build, IMO you should let this one go.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:14 am

No one is gonna say that about me when I make my new Darkmoon Blade lol. Soul level 210 or so?

I'm gonna do it with like 9 Pursuers, Gough's Bow, and the Avelyn. Its gonna be hilarious.

Thats all I'm gonna do though lol. I cast Pursuers, then I'm gonna hit you with a freakin javelin while you roll cheers

I hate Pursuers, but I think this way it could be fun.

I havent decided if I should have 20 dex though ya know? Might be a little much......or would it?!?!?! :idea: :suspect: :idea:
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:32 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:It's not like griefing SL 10s with maxed out pyros. In this case I'd say the invader didn't do too much wrong. You kindled in a PvP hotspot (certainly nothing wrong with that) and you got invaded like you knew you would.

No shame in dying to a guy with a completed build, IMO you should let this one go.

My Main concern is "was the guy hacking?"

1500+ HP, Poise high enough to withstand two Gravelord's hits with at least Medium Roll?

Is that possible at SL50-ish?

To get Poise like that I assume he was probably using the Wolf Ring, to get HP that high, surely he had a RoFAP which leaves out Havel's. Didn't look like he was using any of the Masks, surely That I would have noticed.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:04 am

Did he look like this? http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=186913901391280524

about 1500 hp and poise to tank 1h from a GLS isn't too hard at 50 if he was mid rolling even more so
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:11 am

I don't know if he was Mid or Fast rolling, its hard to tell in the middle of battle, lol.

I suppose it could be possible, meh.

Oh well. Just seemed a bit fishy at the time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:12 pm