Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Mr. Tart
Kyōkai
skarekrow13
reim0027
WandererReece
12 posters

Telemarketers

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Telemarketers Empty Telemarketers

Post by WandererReece Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:12 pm

What do you do when one of these stupid, annoying, intrusive people call?

Once my mother got called by one of these people, and she agreed to have him come to her house, but she gave him the wrong address. Then he called and said he couldn't fing her. Then she gave him a second wrong address. She sent that poor salesman to half a dozen places. lol!

Once my friend got called by one of these people, so he spoke a foriegn language to annoy the telemarketer.

I keep getting calls from the same number about half a dozen times everyday. Finally I picked up the phone. The guy asked for me, but I pretended to be my roomate and said I wasn't here. Then I pretended my phone was breaking up when he asked when I would be back.

What do you do when these people call?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Telemarketers Empty Re: Telemarketers

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:34 pm

I've worked as a telemarketer. I needed a job, and it sucked. I quit after 2 weeks. I let them finish their spiel, tell them I'm not interested and ask them to take my number off their list. Then, I say goodbye and hang up.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:45 pm

I only have a cell so pretty much all numbers show up on my phone. If I don't recognize it I doing answer it. I did make an impression on some Jehovah's witnesses though one time
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Being telemarketer is suffering.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:00 am

WandererReece wrote:What do you do when one of these stupid, annoying, intrusive people call?

Once my mother got called by one of these people, and she agreed to have him come to her house, but she gave him the wrong address. Then he called and said he couldn't fing her. Then she gave him a second wrong address. She sent that poor salesman to half a dozen places. lol!

Once my friend got called by one of these people, so he spoke a foriegn language to annoy the telemarketer.

I keep getting calls from the same number about half a dozen times everyday. Finally I picked up the phone. The guy asked for me, but I pretended to be my roomate and said I wasn't here. Then I pretended my phone was breaking up when he asked when I would be back.

What do you do when these people call?

I feel so bad for that guy!

We got called more or less 24/7, so we usually just leave our phones unplugged nowadays.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:09 am

It's gotta be a terrible job. You're pretty much universally hated just for doing your job.

As for what I do, if I answer the phone and hear it's a telemarketer I remain silent until they hang up.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:34 am

I used to be horrible to telemarketers when they would call. I would either speak complete gibberish and try to make it sound like a foreign language or outright lie to them.

I don't do that anymore, once one of my family members got a job as a telemarketer I gained a new view on their situation. I can't do it anymore without feeling like a complete ***whole.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:41 am

"Stop talking.
    No.
    No.
    Stop.
    Listen.
    For five seconds, listen.
    I understand you're doing your job, but there is no universe where I wish to be speaking to you. Let's both save each other some time, and take me off your list.
    Goodbye."
    >Hangs up.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:04 am

The few times I've answered them, I tried to do a tug of war in digression. Essentially whatever they were talking about I would try to go on long tangents and grasp for stories based off even a word in their sentence. I know it was a bit mean but I was a teenager, and I was looking for a bit of entertainment. They were usually friendly though and I'd be very polite in turn aside from my rambling to them.

As for Jehovah's Witnesses, they'd usually get pissed at me. Because after anything they say I'd pretty much just go "I know." Or I'd correct them. Since I studied religions I generally knew a good deal more about their religion than they did as well as its history, culture, etc. When they finally are done preaching I'd just say, "Keep doing what you think is right and have a nice day." They always looked puzzled when I said it because I assume they figured someone not of their religion would be a bit hostile towards them.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:43 am

My encounter with Witnesses going door to door was unintentionally funny. They knocked on my door around 9 or 10 in the morning. I had been sleeping in my living room (don't remember why u want upstairs) and heard knocking. Not thinking it would be a stranger I just got up and answered the door to find two very young, female Witnesses who looked like they still weren't sure about this door to door business. To make matters worse, I had been sleeping in only pajama pants. So here's some kinda tall skinny guy with bed hair and not very modest pants..... and that's it.

They didn't work very hard to get invited in for some reason
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:06 am

i answer it asking for someone else by name and go into a conversation, and when they try to tell me that they're a telemarketer i tell them i have the wrong number and am sorry for bothering before hanging up.

or i say hello and as quietly as i can hang up the phone while theyre talking.

sometimes i tell them this isn't a good time for me to talk, and ask if i can have their homephone to call them back later.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 am

telemarketers are being yelled at the whole day every day and its there Job
    I dont want to meet the man that can stay happy after 2 years of that
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:48 pm

This is how bad telemarketers are in my area.

Once I was in accounting class, and my teacher's classroom phone rang. Naturally, he answered it. Then he said stuff like, "How did you get this number?" and, "I'm teaching a class right now." Then he hung up, looked at us, and said, "Can you beleive that!? A telemarketer just called me!" Naturally, he ranted for about 10 minutes.

We couldn't beleive a telemarketer had enough balls to call his classroom phone.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:01 pm

WandererReece wrote:Naturally, he ranted for about 10 minutes.

Hey, at least you were treated to an entertaining tangent for 10 minutes.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:52 pm

wait telemarketers nvm what I said yearly
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:52 pm

I do this:
    "Hello, what is it that you want?"
    and when they finish I say "You know im only 14, good luck to you sir" *hangsup
    A door to door man came to our house as I was shooting some hoops and I just made a 3point shot and he said"nice shot, are your parents home"
    Generally since Im a polite person I said "Yes sir she is, but she's taking a bath right now, come back later if you please" So I threw the basketball and hit the garage door with it (I missed on purpose) and then my dog started barking loudly, that got him out of here lol!
    But I feel bad for those who get treated badly because of that job 😢

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:06 am