Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Dibsville
Fry1156
exod FEAR
Demon Slayer
Acarnatia
9 posters

Planning on starting a low SL fight club, looking for a partner for testing

Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Planning on starting a low SL fight club, looking for a partner for testing Empty Planning on starting a low SL fight club, looking for a partner for testing

Post by Acarnatia Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm planning on starting a Soul Level 30 fight club built around the idea of playing as ordinary mortals (or extraordinary) rather than god-slayers and wielders of slabs of rock. I'm planning on restricting what upgrade paths (for example, weapons can only be upgraded to +10 or such) and values are available and am looking for someone (or several people) to help me test certain values to see what should be allowed and what should not. I'm playing on a PS3.

What I'm planning thus far:

Max SL: 30

Max parameter: 24. Dark Souls combat is fairly realistic until parameters hit 25, (or, at least, at the very limits of what is humanly possible without reaching into god-like strength) provided that there is magic. This is also to somewhat limit the ability to create One-Hit-Knockout builds.

Allowed upgrades and values: Standard+10, Raw+X, (will need testing to determine the number) Fire+5 (perhaps only lower value), Divine+5, Magic+5, Occult+0, Enchanted+0, Unique Weapons+0 (this means weapons that upgrade through Twinkling titanite)

Banned Weapons: Boss Soul Weapons, Any weapons that require parameters higher than 24 to wield

Banned Armor: Artorias' Set, Gough's Set, Ciaran's Set, Dragonslayer's/Ornstein's Set, Smough's Set, Great Lord Set, Havel's Set, Moonlight Set, Iron Golem Set, Family Masks

Banned Rings: Hornet Ring, (only disallowed with certain weapons; a list will be made after testing) Ring of Favor and Protection, Wolf's Ring, Leo Ring, Hawk Ring, possibly Havel's Ring

Disallowed Behavior: Chain Backstabbing, glitches in general, constant complaining

This is meant to be a fun, lighthearted group for both dedicated, skilled players and low-level newcomers to Dark Souls that characters can be made for easily and quickly. So if you're interested in participating in this, I want some help testing to finalize these rules. Thanks!
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Planning on starting a low SL fight club, looking for a partner for testing Empty Re: Planning on starting a low SL fight club, looking for a partner for testing

Post by Demon Slayer Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:03 pm

this was already done Try we did this long ago

is enough with the Sl 100 Fc i,m sorry i dont want to bring you down i just dont want to see sad because it didn,t work out well
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Planning on starting a low SL fight club, looking for a partner for testing Empty Re: Planning on starting a low SL fight club, looking for a partner for testing

Post by exod FEAR Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:18 pm

id be happy to help. im on xbox tho, dont know what platform you,re using. gamertag; exodFEAR add me
    Fry1156
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Fry1156 Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:49 pm

I'll help if I can I've a sl30.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:03 pm

I'll help if you allow me. I always love a good spell of low level PvP.
    I'm on PS3.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Just an idea on what weapons should be banned from Hornet Ring if you give exceptions: No Rapiers, Greatswords, Ultras, any variation of Clubs, daggers. Straight Swords, gauntlets, and halberds should be fine, assuming they only max the upgrading at the parameters you've given.
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:20 pm

I hate to disagree right off the bat but in my opinion the weapons that should be used with hornet ring are daggers and fist weapons. I tend to see the hornet ring as being an assassin's tool and I can't see assassin's using halberds or straight swords. besides, halberds already have a very high crit rating
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:56 pm

exod FEAR wrote:I hate to disagree right off the bat but in my opinion the weapons that should be used with hornet ring are daggers and fist weapons. I tend to see the hornet ring as being an assassin's tool and I can't see assassin's using halberds or straight swords. besides, halberds already have a very high crit rating
    Damage-wise, those weapons are low for backstabs. Yes, halberds can do a ton of damage on a backstab, but that it only highly upgraded. At these stats and parameters, the most you'll see even with hornet is a 600. This is for damage, not cosplay.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:03 pm

I'm definitely not going to allow the hornet ring to be used in conjunction with ultra (curved) greatswords and (curved) greatswords. I'm going to see what happens with individual thrusting swords because I used Velka's Rapier with a Hornet Ring during part of the SL 55 Dragon event and was still doing only 500-600 damage on a backstab. Basically, I'm thinking that if it deals more than 2/3 of someone's health at this level (with the ring) then the Hornet ring will not be allowed to be used in it.
    I have two PSN accounts. They are Try-chu and Enaid_Waleis. I haven't played Dark Souls on the Enaid account yet, though. I'll start making a few builds for this test on Enaid_Waleis to cover the basics. The builds I'll need to cover are mages and clerics for magic adjust and a spellsword and miraclesword for weapon upgrade paths and levels, so I'll start making those.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Acarnatia wrote:I'm definitely not going to allow the hornet ring to be used in conjunction with ultra (curved) greatswords and (curved) greatswords. I'm going to see what happens with individual thrusting swords because I used Velka's Rapier with a Hornet Ring during part of the SL 55 Dragon event and was still doing only 500-600 damage on a backstab. Basically, I'm thinking that if it deals more than 2/3 of someone's health at this level (with the ring) then the Hornet ring will not be allowed to be used in it.
    I have two PSN accounts. They are Try-chu and Enaid_Waleis. I haven't played Dark Souls on the Enaid account yet, though. I'll start making a few builds for this test on Enaid_Waleis to cover the basics. The builds I'll need to cover are mages and clerics for magic adjust and a spellsword and miraclesword for weapon upgrade paths and levels, so I'll start making those.
    Anything above Magic Weapon should be cut out for buffs.
    No GMW, CMW, DMB, or SLB.
    Even with the worst MagAdj you can get at that level, they are extremely powerful, and yes, even Great Magic Weapon.
    Also, no Gold Pine Resin, it's pretty much a mixture of Magic Weapon and Sunlight Blade.
    The Hornet ring should NOT be allowed to be used with: Rapier, Mail Breaker, Ricard's Rapier, Estoc (on an elemental path), Bandit's Knife, Any variation of hammer weapons (on an elemental path), Halberds (on an elemental path).
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Also, you should allow Raw weapons up to +5. Due to the huge loss of scaling, any raw weapon will normally be worse than a +10 weapon, and it is worse than pretty much any elemental path.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:54 am

I'm planning on testing Great Magic Weapon and Raw Weapons at this SL. As for the other spells you mentioned, notice that those all require parameters of 25 at lowest (Crystal Magic Weapon) and there is a parameter cap at 24. No one can cast Darkmoon Blade or Sunlight Blade with Faith lower than 30.
    In regards to the Hornet Ring, I'm going to test the damages and see which ones deal low enough with it equipped to be allowed.
    You are definitely right about Gold Pine Resin. I may say no to black firebombs as well. (their damage may be too high with at most 24 Vitality)
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:10 am

Sounds interesting this, how is it shaping up so far?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:44 pm

This isn't the official thread for it. This was just a request for research aides so that I can finalize the rules and make the fight club.

I'm almost done making a build with 24 Vit, End, Str, Dex, Int and Fai to test the damages, so testing will begin very soon.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 pm

What about sorceries? I would think that banning the dark sorceries is a good idea, if only because of their high damage and low minimum parameters.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:13 pm

I is interested ^.^ I have a kickass SL1 xD
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Okay, I'm thinking the Hornet's Ring will be allowed only in conjunction with daggers.
    To use Great Magic Weapon, the character must have an intelligence of 20 or higher.
    I'm working on Fire weapons now.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:02 am

Is there an exact level for this? Or just 'low-level'?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm thinking up to SL 30 with a maximum of 24 in any single parameter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:47 pm