Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Halicarnassis
Dubscythe
Veradox
Shindori
Nugget
twilightwarwolf
10 posters

what do people find in being an SoV for the DM's?

twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

what do people find in being an SoV for the DM's? Empty what do people find in being an SoV for the DM's?

Post by twilightwarwolf Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:39 am

i realize that my title may sound offensive to those who happen to enjoy being an SoV or in covs that are of similiar nature but i personally am curious as to why people enjoy/ want to be in those covs (both user made and in-game). i myself do not like them but i am taking that as me not understanding and having met too many of the abusers of the covs and its bonus's to find the good.
    Nugget
    Nugget
    Casual
    Casual

what do people find in being an SoV for the DM's? Empty Re: what do people find in being an SoV for the DM's?

Post by Nugget Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:51 am

It's really good for PvP, since even bosses who have cleared Anor Londo can invade/be invaded, and most players PvPing in Anor Londo are expecting it, which leads to a generally higher level of PvP.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

what do people find in being an SoV for the DM's? Empty Re: what do people find in being an SoV for the DM's?

Post by Shindori Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:32 am

...whats SoV mean?
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:56 am

Spirit of Vengeance? Dark Moon bro's? happy

P.S. C.O. ready for duty!
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:31 am

I used to be really interested in the covenant, mostly for the lore behind it. Then when I finally joined it and got less invasions pretty much everywhere I knew gameplay-wise that it was just a Darkwraith that can't invade as much.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:28 am

The covenants are a part of the game. Each has its purpose. The Darkmoons deal out vengeance to those who have sinned. It just adds another dimension to the entire game.

I find it slightly ironic that you who state you do not enjoy user made covenants are advocating the joining of the Ariamis covenant as stated in your signature. Surely that goes against your post?
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:16 am

^ Dat honest ironic troll!

P.S. Spanking sinners fits my own morale. And I feel sorry killing guys who try to beat the game. Darkwraith'ing is just not my style.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:42 am

My builds are primarily darkwraiths and I relish each indictment I get and then the opportunity to have a good old fashioned one on one. Most DMs I've come across have been good honest players with a high standard of play and like previous posters have said it just fits in well with the whole premise of the game.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:49 am

It's for the buff that they give. I use it for PVE on a regular basis so I can take a chance to try one-shotting certain bosses. Not to mention you also get some PVP while getting those souvenirs.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:33 am

Halicarnassis wrote:The covenants are a part of the game. Each has its purpose. The Darkmoons deal out vengeance to those who have sinned. It just adds another dimension to the entire game.

I find it slightly ironic that you who state you do not enjoy user made covenants are advocating the joining of the Ariamis covenant as stated in your signature. Surely that goes against your post?

i actually do like user covs and covs my dislike was more towards the SoV's and DMs. i apologize for not making that clearer but i did write this at 1 in the morning so i wasn't looking over everything.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:45 am

^no worries lol!
    By having written it at 1am in am going to assume you were just about finishing up playing DkS for the evening and had a tough time being invaded by DM's and were just a bit fed up... perhaps you should consider coming over to the dark blue side and joining in the fun?
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:58 am

well ill be honest i did indeed have a few DM's invade me and i was a bit tired of them though ill be honest i really only get the hr dmb people and other cheap people. i have been on the DM side before though for my own reasons as i dispise gwyndolin though ill keep the idea open. partly too i dont understand how if i use a red orb and say a dm use a blue how they can invade me and cancel out my invasion. its kind of annoying especially when i know i play fair its just people being buttsore that i beat them.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:19 pm

If you use an orb to invade and someone ivades you while it is searching the your invasion gets canceled. It's just a result of people connecting to your world while you are searching for one. It happens if they are using a red eye orb as well.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:01 pm

And you know, it sucks on PC cause of frequent connection troubles and "failed" attempts... Some people unconsciously screw up your Nemesis mission happy
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:40 am

Perhaps its Dark Wraiths that take invasion priority over DM's because its a prerequisite for them to be human in order to invade, whereas with DM's; we can be hollow and still invade... I'm currently experiencing this exact anomaly whilst farming chunks in New Londo, being human and invading at the same time. Annoying. Look Skyward
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:45 pm

SoV with DMB?? OP!!! I BS those SoB's!!!
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:01 pm

i do on occasion do the same btw guess what my new build has to be a DM how ironic right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:20 am