Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Carphil
befowler
Ghadis_God
psychichobo
fujiphoenix
Juutas
The Letter X
Djem
User1
Rynn
14 posters

You know, sitting at 300 AR... the drakesword actually might be the best straightsword in the game.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

You know, sitting at 300 AR... the drakesword actually might be the best straightsword in the game. - Page 2 Empty Re: You know, sitting at 300 AR... the drakesword actually might be the best straightsword in the game.

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:58 am

The concept of that is saying; Screw all other weapons with the same moveset.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

You know, sitting at 300 AR... the drakesword actually might be the best straightsword in the game. - Page 2 Empty Re: You know, sitting at 300 AR... the drakesword actually might be the best straightsword in the game.

Post by Juutas Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:24 pm

The Letter X wrote:The Balder Side Sword is the best straightsword as much as I hate to admit it.

This. BSS is the most optimal choice.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:49 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:+20 Crystal Greatsword = Ton of fun.

+20?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:50 pm

Hax.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Differing opinions on best weapon?

Only on Dark Souls!

P.S. Does the Drake Sword's heavy R2 ever come in handy for PVP? Seemed a bit too awkward to be useful to me....
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:12 pm

Did you compare to the BSS's OP r2 modifiers?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:21 pm

I saw someone who shall remain nameless FinPeku absolutely wreck face with the drake sword at one of the sl55 fight clubs for over an hour and a half win streak. I still prefer the bss, broadsword, and longsword myself, but it was a real eye opener particularly with the ranged attack option.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Fin and Roan + Drake sword = OP, needs nerf.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:05 pm

I thought the highest hacked version is +10 or 15,since when is +20 possible!?
    Also,in regards to the BSS being overused comments,I've only seen like two users in a year of playing.The majority of players seem to use rapiers,great/ultra swords,halberds and scythes.Wouldn't mind fighting some straight sword users at all.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:08 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:
    I thought the highest hacked version is +10 or 15,since when is +20 possible!?
    Also,in regards to the BSS being overused comments,I've only seen like two users in a year of playing.The majority of players seem to use rapiers,great/ultra swords,halberds and scythes.Wouldn't mind fighting some straight sword users at all.

What level do you PvP at? At SL 120, the BSS is the most popular weapon for me to see.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:11 pm

120 forest mainly,sometimes the burg.I've seen more whip users than straight swords.Kinda envy you guys.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:14 pm

I mainly stay in the Township and MLB Forest - I see plenty straightsword users there.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Perhaps I should move there.I get tired of the backstab fishing,spam in general and bleed/stunlock attempts.I'd love to fight someone who has a club or broadsword for once.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Join this Fight Club. I recall at least 5 straightsword users, and you might find a liking to the rules.

You know about it, but join us!
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:58 pm

I'll try and make it to the next one.I was doing the Gremlin event last Saturday. tongue
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:45 pm

psychichobo wrote:Differing opinions on best weapon?

Only on Dark Souls!

P.S. Does the Drake Sword's heavy R2 ever come in handy for PVP? Seemed a bit too awkward to be useful to me....
    Well if both parts of it hit, it does over 192 poise damage with a crest shield. I killed several gankers with it yesterday. The secret to using it is that when it lands, it knocks you down even if you blocked if your stamina gets fully depleted, and it does absurd stamina loss. After you knock them down, you've done 300 damage, and you can backstab them while they stand up, for another 600 damage.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:48 pm

I should really upgrade one of those damn things.
    OmegaX105
    OmegaX105

Post by OmegaX105 Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:45 am

Personally, the Barbed Straight Sword is one of my favourite weapons. It causes bleed, can be buffed, and it move set is very useful. And i think the reason that the Balder Side Sword is so used is that with the Leo Ring it can produce massive counter damage since its thrusting attacks do have a lot of range. But all in all it comes down to how you use a weapon.
    Nugget
    Nugget
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nugget Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:43 am

BSS is only the best option if you're Leo-ringing, at least in PvP, since a dex build has many better options. It's probably the best straight sword, but the katanas and scythes arguably outclass straight swords in terms of PvP weapon families.
    Anyway, in regards to the Drake Sword, the lack of scaling makes it greatly inferior to nearly any other straight sword at high levels, unless you're only running the minimum requirements to use the weapon, in which case you'd still be better off with an elemental straight sword or you could just go full scumbag and 16 str 2 hand a zaphander and have more points for vit and end.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:06 pm