Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Rynn
Serious_Much
IIdoneus
Tarkkus
Prohibition
User1
WandererReece
Jansports
ResIsBestStat
Dibsville
Pilgrim34
Latitoast
Automancer
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Myztyrio
19 posters

Troll Builds

xxalucard

Troll Builds - Page 2 Empty Re: Troll Builds

Post by xxalucard Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:44 am

Pilgrim34 wrote:To be quite honest with you, if you're making a build between level 20-30 (optimum levels for trolling), you won't need to worry too much about having loads of poise because if you stay within that level range you are most likely to be matched with players of a similar level, especially at Sen's.

Occasionally you may come up against a higher-level player but the build certainly isn't geared towards being able to tank hits. 12 strength and 12 dex will be fine, the reason my troll build has a lightning rapier is just as an "insurance" in case I come up against someone significantly stronger than my own character, and also because it's very light

If you're going to focus on Sen's you could use spells such as fire tempest which is great for ambushes down the narrow corridors. Also, if you are able to decrease vit and strength slightly, you could get 12 faith and have access to healing miracles and force (this is essentially for any troll build, particularly in Sens). With 4 attunement slots you could have 3x pyromancies of your choice plus force, which would make a formidable combination.

Overall it's up to you but those are my thoughts, have fun creating your build!

Hmm I was thinking that SL 20-30 would be optimal, but i'm glad you said so also.

I have to disagree about the poise though; you're correct when talking about invading only 1 person-- that most of the time they won't be using a lightning claymore-- but there's plenty of times I encounter 2on1's or 3on1's, even in sen's fortress. Also there is a number of times I encounter people with at least great combustion (this does some poise damage, though not as much as black flame), so i feel that the poise -is- necessary.

It's not that I intend on tanking hits, but if I do get caught once (especially in a 3on1), I don't want that one hit to get me in a potential stunlock. It happens a lot more when people gang up on you, but sometimes a phantom hit from a claymore can cause it as well.

As for fire tempest-- I love the spell, but when you don't have 45 dex, it really is PAINFULLY SLOW. It's also a 1 trick pony, where if you don't happen to kill the guy right there or corner him for the finish, the spell slot is essentially wasted. And even at that level, Sl 20 - 30, there's a lot of people who will just blindly run in and slash you anyway (since even without knowing what you're doing, the leeroy jenkins thought process of "attack!!" will actually save them here). I know it's an ambush, but that spell really is slow (under 45 dex), and really depends on a person not changing their walking pattern at all, as well as dying from the hit / not getting away to heal in time.

Also in a situation where I could ambush with fire tempest, I could just as easily (and probably more reliably) ambush with chaos fireball + great combustion/black flame. The lava pools would stunlock them without giving them the knockdown invincibility.

This is just my 2 cents though.

As for faith, I would never waste a slot on heal (should be farming humanities to heal yourself when invading, IMO), and I don't think it's worth a weapon slot to use a talisman just for force-- I feel like you could do a number of other things when someone is getting that close to you (kicking them over the edge comes to mind). I'm open to more thoughts on this though
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:24 am

You've made some other very good points here.

All depends on what your favourite method would be- by all means max out your slots on pyromancy if that's what you prefer! If you've got access to the humanity farming parts of the game (such as chasm of the Abyss), and have a lot of humanity items then you won't need heal. I only have heal in there because I've not yet got as far as Artorias with my troll build and I probably won't bother with him since my PvE weapons are quite weak and I don't want to lose all the soft humanity I've acquired so far, but if you've got that option then you have a free slot to use whatever you like!

As for poise, I have 44 on my build whilst still fastrolling, unless you crank up the endurance you will probably have to settle for mid-roll if you want 50+ poise but again this isn't the end of the world. If you're skilled at kicks then you've got another slot open for whichever spell you fancy, I use force because of the often hilarious results it produces (trickier to do in Sen's but excellent for Blighttown).

Maybe you could create a build and show us so that we can discuss it and offer more tips?
    ShadowStalker
    ShadowStalker
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ShadowStalker Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 am

i made this last night while i was bored, had alot of fun with it so far happy
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=432904300330789447
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:48 am

Bumped into an interesting gank troll build last night, one uses twop and the other has a great bow.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:00 am

http://mmdks.com/1sr7
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:23 am

On the PC fight club this one got a lot of hate, not mine.

http://mmdks.com/1ss0
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:41 am

^ I can see why. People probably thought he was hacking.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:21 pm

ShadowStalker wrote:i made this last night while i was bored, had alot of fun with it so far happy
    [url=http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=432904300330789447
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=432904300330789447[/quote[/url]]

I really like this one silly
    Tarkkus
    Tarkkus
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tarkkus Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Basic Build with Dark Bead silly Gotta fool them into thinking you don't have spells.
    Link: http://mmdks.com/1t35

Edit: Also just made a Dark Wraith troll build for low lvl's silly
    Link: http://mmdks.com/1tna

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:08 am