Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Kirk-Barb
User1
steveswede
The Once-Ler
8 posters

Dark Souls 2 Playstation Poll: A community divided?

Poll

If Dark Souls 2 releases for Playstation 3 and 4 simultaneusly, which version would you buy and why?

[ 12 ]
    Dark Souls 2 Playstation Poll: A community divided? I_vote_lcap100%Dark Souls 2 Playstation Poll: A community divided? I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Dark Souls 2 Playstation Poll: A community divided? I_vote_lcap0%Dark Souls 2 Playstation Poll: A community divided? I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 12
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls 2 Playstation Poll: A community divided? Empty Dark Souls 2 Playstation Poll: A community divided?

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:43 pm

I am writing this poll as a legitimate concern for the Dark Souls PvP community. There are rumors that Dark Souls 2 will hit both systems. Speculation is that they are moving back to a server system like Demon's Souls was. It is also speculated that there will be no cross-platform play, like in the past, so which version you buy will most likely determine who you are playing with.

I am not likely to be an early adopter of the PS4 given my investment in the PS3 system software I have yet to play. Plus, a Ps3 release of the game gives me no real reason to upgrade to PS4 until the next Souls installment (probably 2 years) and by that point the PS4 will have dropped in price. This means that I will most likely be pre-ordering the PS3 version. The PC version release (with the dlc) divided the 360 and ps3 PVP communities and a PS3 and PS4 release stands to divide the Playstation community from the beginning.

So...That being said, which version would you purchase and why? Please post a brief response to your answer in addition to the poll. Selfishly, my hope is that most people are planning to get the ps3 version lol
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls 2 Playstation Poll: A community divided? Empty Re: Dark Souls 2 Playstation Poll: A community divided?

Post by steveswede Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm debating whether DSII will be released before the PS4.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls 2 Playstation Poll: A community divided? Empty Re: Dark Souls 2 Playstation Poll: A community divided?

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Crud, I meant to post this in Dark Souls 2 general discussion. Any way to move this thread over there?
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 pm

steveswede wrote:I'm debating whether DSII will be released before the PS4.

My guess is that dks2 will be out in October since the last 2 were Oct. releases and they were 2 years apart. Speculation for ps4 is before the Holidays which places it Oct or November. Given the narrow window which would you get?
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:54 pm

I wouldn't get a PS4 for the simple fact that consoles are just not worth the investment in their first couple of years. Going from one console generation to another is always a slow transition and waiting a couple of years can show how the system turns out and if it's worth the investment.

Also waiting for a console to be released just so I can play a game that's released months before is a bit retarded (and anyway Europe always get late release dates when it comes to Sony). There is also no guarantee that it would be better than it's last generation release.

Another factor is that if I were to invest in another platform other than the PS3 it would be PC. Considering the closed nature of consoles and the fact the next generation isn't supporting past releases makes it an expense not worth investing. The Steambox is just around the corner and considering the size of the game library and the flexibility of upgrading and legacy support on it just makes the PS4 a poor choice as it will be about the same price.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Playstation 3.
    Because I simply don't have the money to spend £400 for a console. And I already own a PS3.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:13 pm

I'll be buying it for PS3. It took me two years to shift from PS2 to PS3. I'm sure it'll be the same for the PS4... if I get one at all. It'll all depend on what the PS4 offers. I'm not a big fan of storing my games in the cloud. I like to be able to play my games even when the internet is offline.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Kirk-Barb wrote:I'll be buying it for PS3. It took me two years to shift from PS2 to PS3. I'm sure it'll be the same for the PS4... if I get one at all. It'll all depend on what the PS4 offers. I'm not a big fan of storing my games in the cloud. I like to be able to play my games even when the internet is offline.

Agreed. I don't know about always on line for ps4. I know Xbox is going that way, but haven't heard that for ps4. I agree about the physical copies of games. That is all I buy.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:06 pm

i'm going to be getting DS2 on PS3, even if DS2 is available on both consoles for the simple reason that i'm not going to be buying into the PS4 early on, maybe a year or two down the road after Sony releases the new improved "slim" version of the console (come on, you know it's gonna happen).
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:20 pm

Nybbles wrote:i'm going to be getting DS2 on PS3, even if DS2 is available on both consoles for the simple reason that i'm not going to be buying into the PS4 early on, maybe a year or two down the road after Sony releases the new improved "slim" version of the console (come on, you know it's gonna happen).

this.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:56 pm

if they do announce it for pss4 then im getting it for ps4 since I will be getting it day one, killzone is the only fps that I actualy enjoy and don't get bored after a week.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Im gonna have to say for the Ps3 simply because i already have it. Its not like its going to be a better game if you play it on Ps4 and for me dark souls is reeally the only game i still play steady and i don't wan to get a new console for 1 game sad

I was wondering... if it does come out on ps4 would the ps3 players be able to online with the ps4 people because they would both be connected to the playstation network?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:48 am