Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

SL 99 Dex/Faith: Dual wielding goodness

Sascirin
    Sascirin

SL 99 Dex/Faith: Dual wielding goodness Empty SL 99 Dex/Faith: Dual wielding goodness

Post by Sascirin Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:02 pm

I've been turning a Dex/Faith build over in my head for a while now, and think I've come up with something fairly balanced, but I'm still looking to improve, as I'm relatively fresh to DkS PVP.

http://mmdks.com/1um2

The general strategy is to keep people at range with a buffed winged spear and use the GT and/or pyro flame to punish fishers/turtlers, or anyone who happens to be too close at the wrong time. Spells can obviously be swapped out as needed, though I figure I'll favor green blossom's buff in most situations due to my marginally low endurance and base stamina regen. Also, an extra 2 points more than minimum dumped into End for swapping either casting item to derpmoon bow as needed.

Any tips on optimizations/strategies/attunement slot usage?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

SL 99 Dex/Faith: Dual wielding goodness Empty Re: SL 99 Dex/Faith: Dual wielding goodness

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:09 pm

I think it's very viable. You can't parry with it but the Winged Spear isn't much of a critical hit weapon anyway, so it's not so much of a loss.

It's mid rolling (which I personally hate) but you make up for it with the high poise, so it evens out.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

SL 99 Dex/Faith: Dual wielding goodness Empty Re: SL 99 Dex/Faith: Dual wielding goodness

Post by xenon_nobelium Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:17 pm

i'd say get rid of one of the buffs and put a WoG in there if you already invested the fth. other than that everything seems fine
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:03 pm

i dont really believe that the gold tracer is a viable second hand weapon... as soon as you attack you cant really stop and that can cause problems. i think you could switch the spear to the left hand for some quick jabs and a way to space yourself away from your enemy. for the right hand you could use anyother curved sword that can be buffed, for example the falchion. it may not cause bleed but it does have a slight increase in range (i think). You could even use the shotel which is my fav.
    kettpower
    kettpower
    Regular
    Regular

Post by kettpower Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:41 am

been doing some tests with dual wield myself lately, and found it viable against some opponents. anyway: what i enjoy most about it, is the fact that it's so much fun to use. for your build i would like to mention a few things:

• dual wield usually needs lot of stamina as you will be rolling a lot - i'm doing my dual katana with 25 atm and i think that's a must-have. btw: i do my dex builds usually with low end as i'm no R1 spammer. but this may be not necessary in your case as u use a spear to keep them at range
    • 2 buffs are not necessary, i rarely see someone buff his weapon 2 times in a pvp match; for pve it can be useful though, for pvp i would replace one for WOG
    • u have 2 pyro slots - remember: once u pull out that pyro glove, your buff will be gone
    • maybe use a crown of dusk, and sacrifice some poise? the crown boosts both: pyro and miracle damage
    • regarding armour: I would definitely go for fast roll! but that may be just a personal perference...

sorry for long post: this is in no way meant as criticism, just some food for thought. this build looks very interesting, pyro/faith hybrids can be really fun to play once u master them

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:39 pm